Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Valkyrie

    Amuse Buche

    Mac and cheese is perfect to bring to potlucks. I used to work at a nursery and we were banned from eating the daylillies because so many people were snacking on them, the plants had no flowers left
  2. Valkyrie

    Amuse Buche

    I took four years of French in high school, and one of those years we had to make French food. I made coq au vin and it came out quite tasty. I would never attempt a buche de Noel. My mom is a great baker and she's made rolled cakes before and is really good at getting the nice, tight rolls. I, however, lack the necessary coordination to make anything that fancy. lol
  3. Valkyrie

    Amuse Buche

    I thought about it, but I wanted to feature a recipe that's simple and easier to make. I don't do much baking, so don't have a good recipe to share for the buche de Noel. I've never tried making one myself.
  4. Valkyrie

    Amuse Buche

    Thanks
  5. Valkyrie

    Amuse Buche

    I love this sauce on either the weenies or the meatballs. Can't go wrong with sweet and spicy The sauce and the cute guy lol
  6. Amuse Buche By Valkyrie “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” blared from the parking lot speakers, assaulting my ears like the pelting snow stinging my face. I pulled my knit hat over my ears and huddled into my black peacoat. I quickened my steps, although it was an exercise in futility. Moving through the ankle-deep snow wasn’t easy, even with sturdy boots. Plus, I was moving toward the annoying music, not away from it. My breath followed me in puffs, then vanished, instant
  7. I made Zuppa Toscana for dinner tonight. It was delicious And my freezer is overflowing with all the food I've been making. I have enough lunches for the next month and a half. Guess I better start eating some of them
  8. I do have weak ankles. When I was a kid, I couldn't ice skate because my feet and ankles pronated so badly. I have the same problem if I try to wear any kind of heel.
  9. This would be me trying to walk in any heels.
  10. When I lived in Tuscon, I worked on a ranch, so I was outside all day working with the horses. And it just happened to be the hottest summer on record at the time. I used to drink two gallons of water per day. I'd freeze them both, take one out in the morning and drink it, then take the other one out in the afternoon and finish it by the time I left. Even after drinking all that water, I'd only have to pee like once during the day.
  11. Sounds delicious I'm having cauli-crust pizza
  12. I was wondering the same thing lol
  13. Valkyrie

    The Potluck

    This is an incredible story of love, perseverance, and community support. It's a snapshot of a moment of happiness in a tragic situation. You had me in tears.
  14. I'm thinking possibly @CassieQ
  15. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Thank you so much And thank you for helping me make it better
  16. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    It's pretty hard to screw up chili. I've had venison chili, but not kielbasa chili. That sounds delicious. I love kielbasa Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope I won't be doing that kind of driving tomorrow, with the lake effect snow in the forecast
  17. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Delicious!
  18. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    I've done that before when I made pumpkin chili. I meant to add some cinnamon and ended up dropping the jar in the crock pot and adding a crap ton of cinnamon It was one of the best batches of chili I've ever had.
  19. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Wow... what an awesome thing your friend's SIL did for her. Sounds like the best present your friend could have received
  20. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Ah ok. Now I understand. I just wasn't sure what you meant. It was meant as a modern revisiting of the Christmas story, but I didn't want to use a variation of Mary and Joseph's names. And you are right; using those names would have definitely made it more obvious.
  21. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Maybe I'm being obtuse, but I have no idea what this means.
  22. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    That sucks, having your birthday lumped in with Christmas.
  23. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Thanks so much I'm glad you got the play on the names We don't have Grandy's here, but any place that has grannies come to your table to make sure you have what you need gets two thumbs up in my book. What a shame, they got rid of them.
×
×
  • Create New...