There was a postal worker here who did something similar over the summer to highlight the conditions some postal workers have to endure. I have a friend who's a rural mail deliverer and she can attest to this as well So this worker fried an egg on her dashboard. O.o I think it's unreasonable to expect postal workers (or any delivery drivers) to be in vehicles with no air conditioning or heat.
It was about 30 when I left for work this morning, and that's the high temp of the day. Temps are supposed to plunge into the single digits overnight. We're under a lake effect snow advisory all day. High winds and blowing snow and 8-14" in the persistent bands. Thankfully, where I live is north of those bands. Hopefully they won't shift.
Same here. It snowed all day and we're supposed to get more lake effect tomorrow, along with the coldest air of the season so far. Lows in the single digits and sub zero wind chills. Brrr.
This is a perfect tribute to your friends It's clear how close they all are and I love the interactions between them. The characterizations of all is some of your best writing. I love this story. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Yeah, I think he was ready.
Brussels sprouts and balsamic vinegar go really well together. My mom made roasted sprouts with balsamic vinegar for Thanksgiving. I'd love to try your recipe
There are similar services around here, and I would imagine across the country. During the winter, the city puts into effect "Code Blue" when the weather is going to be particularly cold or bad, and open additional shelters during that time. And you're spot on about recovery facilities. The addiction recovery system in this country needs some serious fixing.
I hated Brussels sprouts until I tried these. They seriously do not taste like them. That reminds me... I never posted a pic. I made them this weekend.
It's nice thinking of summer when the weather is dreadful out. It's not too bad here today, but that's going to change later tonight I enjoyed these. Thanks for sharing