Jump to content

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,154
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. I bring them to work for lunches. That way, I don't have to worry if I don't have something in the fridge to bring. They usually don't last long enough for me to forget what they are.
  2. I do that with a lot of my meals.
  3. It's a great series. And it has Aiden Turner...
  4. Series finale of Poldark tonight...
  5. What's this 'recipe' you speak of? I rarely follow recipes. I tend to use them as guidelines and tweak them to fit my tastes and what's in the fridge and cupboards. The fun part of cooking is discovering a new 'go-to' dish
  6. I'm sure, since the flavors will meld overnight. It will be my lunch tomorrow, so we'll see then
  7. Starting college can be difficult for a lot of people. For LGBTQ youth, it can be particularly difficult. Navigating a new environment and making new friends is a daunting prospect for Taylor, who finds college life isn't quite what they expected.
  8. I made up my own concoction using ground beef. It might sound a little strange, but it was delicious. I browned ground beef, added some beef stock, better than bouillon, seasoned everything heavily with black pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder, worchestershire, and horseradish mustard. I used some almond flour as a thickener and added some cream cheese (I didn't have cream or sour cream). It was tangy and a bit spicy, but I"ll definitely make it again. I had leftover riced cheesy broccoli as a side.
  9. Damn! He figured it out. Glad to hear you're only abandoning us for a week. Guess I shouldn't read things at 1:00 am
  10. I've said plenty of nice things about you! I even complimented you on that lovely paper crown you made me in LPW *pouts* Seriously, though... thanks for filling in and keeping us up to date on all things Canadian and GA. Go Sabres!
  11. Glad you made it safely
  12. Sounds delicious I had cheesy riced broccoli and my own concoction of heavily seasoned ground beef, tomato/cream cheese sauce, topped with cheese. I'm thinking of getting up early and going shopping tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if I want to make oven Swiss steak or sweet potato/turkey chili tomorrow.
  13. Safe travels! no faceplants allowed
  14. It's not easy to see the truth when you've been gaslighted for so long and fed lies by someone who appears to be a narcissist. Good for Dan for having to the courage to leave, especially at this time of year. While it may not be a traditional HEA, it's a good ending and hopefully the start of an abuse-free life for Dan. And maybe it's the wake-up call Scott needs to realize he can't play with other people's emotions so freely. Great job.
  15. I'll read it when I get a chance. I have some proofreading to do for the anthology I need to figure out how to make a reading list.
  16. There's a reason Wayne is the prompt guru
  17. @Bucket1 This was posted on SATW's FB page. Is this really a saying in Australia?
  18. I had a barn cat once who used to climb up the horses' tails and sleep on their backs while I groomed them. I had to occasionally reposition the cat.
  19. I'm thinking Timothy M as well.
  20. Wow! These are some great new features. Now I need to find time to explore them. Thanks for all your hard work
  21. I love breakfast food. I could eat breakfast for every meal
  22. But breakfast is so tasty
  23. Sounds delicious I had lemon garlic chicken alfredo over cauli rice. Nice and simple too.
  24. Valkyrie

    On the Bridge

    This is beautiful and nostalgic. I love the thousand long beards and blushing leaves. Very well done
×
×
  • Create New...