Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,152
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Thank you You'll have to let us know how it turns out.
  2. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    The cocoa adds a nice richness to the chili. Beer is good too The nice thing about chili is how adaptable it is. I made a really awesome turkey/sweet potato chili recently. You could make it without the turkey, and add beans instead
  3. Valkyrie

    Star of Wonder

    Thanks so much I love this chili. I have a bunch in my freezer still from the last batch I made.
  4. Star of Wonder By Valkyrie Snow blew horizontally across the road, reducing visibility to zero. Teddy gripped the steering wheel so tightly, his knuckles were the same color as the frozen precipitation making his life living hell. Well, it wasn’t just the crappy weather making his live miserable. He wanted to look at Finn, but didn’t dare take his eyes off the never-ending sea of white in front of him that used to be a road. Fuck. Finn needed to get to the hospital. Now. Teddy ha
  5. Thank you I really enjoyed writing this story.
  6. Thanks for the nice comment I've found that most people are understanding and accommodating, but occasionally I run into someone who thinks it's a personal affront if I don't eat something I can't.
  7. Valkyrie

    Angelhair Pasta

    Haha I said the same thing when I edited it. I wanted Addy to write the "Puppeteer" series
  8. Valkyrie

    Angelhair Pasta

    You totally nailed the talk show atmosphere. I'd love to be at the dinner with Ben and his sister. That scallop recipe sounds delicious. I'll definitely have to try it, with zoodles instead of pasta My brother and I would have totally done this to each other.
  9. I love this story. It reminded me of the show "Profit" from the '90s, starring Adrian Pasdar. I find it intriguing he needs this experience to be 'grounded' for the year. Great job, Cole. I love stories that make me think.
  10. Valkyrie

    Kimo Calendar

    These are great I think you nailed each month perfectly.
  11. Valkyrie

    Beyond the Binary

    I know both male and female Taylors and wanted to pick a name beyond the usual "Pat" or "Chris". But yes, I would imagine you're right about their physical appearance leaning toward male vs female. And I think you're spot-on about non-binary individuals having a harder time getting into a relationship and having to be more 'understanding' of others' reactions than they'd like. One of my BFFs has a non-binary child (Taylor is loosely based on them), so I've been learning about navigating the waters, so to speak, from both the parent/friend perspective and the non-binary individual's perspective.
  12. Valkyrie

    Beyond the Binary

    Thank you for your input when you proofread the story. Knowing how much you liked it is the best validation I could have received.
  13. Valkyrie

    Beyond the Binary

    Thank you for your kind words. Language is constantly evolving, so I suspect you're right about use of the singular 'they' becoming more accepted and mainstream in time.
  14. Valkyrie

    Beyond the Binary

    Yup! I wanted to convey that difficulty, especially since it was Taylor's first relationship. And I think we all have an idea where the next story might go, although you never know.
  15. Valkyrie

    Beyond the Binary

    Yes, you are absolutely right. Aditus made the same comment when he beta read the story. Taylor's learning, and next time hopefully they'll take the lessons learned with Shane and talk about it beforehand.
  16. Valkyrie

    Beyond the Binary

    Excellent points, Simba Since more than one reader has commented referring to Taylor as "him", I' want to point out I was very careful not to reveal Taylor's birth gender. As the author, I'm not sure what Taylor's physical gender is, and I wanted to keep that in mind while writing the story to help me understand them. I have to be honest and say using the singular 'they' has taken some getting used to, and it still feels strange to me to use it, but I'm getting more comfortable with it. I think you're right that gender non-conforming people have a harder time than others. Thanks for such thoughtful comments.
  17. Valkyrie

    Beyond the Binary

    I'm glad you liked it, and I am definitely planning on writing more about Taylor. It's too bad Taylor and Shane couldn't have communicated better, but it's a learning process for Taylor, and I'm guessing they'll approach relationships a bit more openly in the future. We'll have to see what happens when I get inspired again.
  18. Change is never easy, but it definitely helps to have support along the way. Thanks for your help
  19. Valkyrie

    Priority Mail

    Thanks I bought the ingredients to make it again today.
  20. Thank you so much You helped make it better
  21. Valkyrie

    The Fruitcake

  22. An Orange and Some Walnuts By Cole Matthews “We stand upon the brink of a precipice. We peer into the abyss—we grow sick and dizzy. Our first impulse is to shrink from the danger. Unaccountably we remain. By slow degrees our sickness and dizziness and horror become merged in a cloud of unnamable feeling . . . one which chills the very marrow of our bones with the fierceness of delight of its horror. It is merely the idea of what would be our sensations during the sweeping precipitancy of
  23. Good morning. How are things in Albertville?
  24. Don't they revoke your Canadian citizenship for not liking Tim Hortons?
×
×
  • Create New...