Hey, T. Happy to see you are rereading this and enjoying it. This was a heck of a chapter to write. Great friendships are often tested, and this one has been. For whatever reason, Coy is there... he has gotten past his pride, and his timing worked out well. It's good to have them back together, at least for now. Cheers and thanks! G.
Hey, Bill. Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed these... and yes, they are vastly different, and I hoped that one balanced the other for most readers. "Mendacity" is definitely scary... it reveals my fear as much as anything else. The truth used to be an absolute, and now it has become something tied to perception. THAT is truly scary. Breathless is personal, but it is also a message to those who hide behind their screens and forgo interaction with others. That seems to be more prevalent in these times, and my experience is there is no substitute for real physical intimacy... nor for the chase.
Cheers, my friend.
Thank you, centex, and thank you for your kindness in leaving a review. Mendacity is an authentic offering if ever there was one. The world scares me... not for me... but for the generations to come. It also angers me, and the anger is uncomfortable. I'm so glad you felt it, and that it meant something to you. Cheers!
Thanks, Parker. Breathless was my balance for Mendacity. Decisions, yeah. I suppose many of us play the game of 'what if?'. There is no going back, but there is no escaping those swirls of thought either. If only....
Thanks for taking the time to digest these little offerings. Cheers!
Blessings on you too, T. There certainly is the taint of madness in the world, isn't there? What an apt comment. I always try to give hope in my prose, but poetry expresses much that can't have a bow put on it. What pours out can be about beauty and love, but there can also be fear. I've lived a long time, and I've never trusted our gains. In this instance, I hate being right. Thank you, friend, for giving and sharing thought for these offerings. Cheers! G.
Absolutely it is. I feel the bleakness of the times, and despair at the slide backwards to new and dangerous horizons. Lying, back then, wasn't as commonplace as it is now. Moral compasses have gone wacky and hatred flourishes. Thanks, James. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Cheers! G.