Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,281
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Hey, all! They replaced 580+ meters of cable for my internet yesterday. No problems since. Hope y'all are well.
  2. Headstall

    Chapter 6 Eager

    You probably have no idea how good this makes me feel, but it truly does. I love hearing about your history, and that you could hear your roots in the dialect. I have worked hard at attempting to get it feeling authentic, and now I often think in it. I don't have to do near as much editing as I did with my first western, but I do have to be vigilant of something slipping through... and also of overdoing it. I'm also happy to hear you are finding it a great story. There's still a lot of this tale left so keep sharing your thoughts if you can. I love these characters, and I hope you do too. Thanks, mdm! You've made my evening. Cheers! Gary.
  3. Headstall

    Changes

    A relatable, poetic way to cycle us through the seasons. As @centexhairysub said, it is delightful. The smell of lilac... sigh.... Thanks, guys. Cheers.
  4. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    #5 might be about another person, but your words took me to that place where I am missing myself... and that serenity and peace of mind when my world feels in balance. At any rate, a superb poem. I've traveled in canoes and on rafts during my time on earth. I think I needed both, but I'll always choose the canoe now. Another great poem. I felt the fear and darkness of #1, but it works so well with the last word being 'hope'. Thanks for these. Cheers.
  5. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    Wow. Some great poetry here. I absolutely got lost in the old tree. It was wonderful. 'Shame on my tongue' was beautiful, yet sad too. I understood. This is a collection to be proud of, Parker. I hadn't heard of or seen a golden russet in many years. I swear I can smell and taste on just from memory. The ones I remember weren't as smooth skinned as others. 'The apple of my eye' was charming, and ended with the best of lines. Well done!
  6. The third and final installment of my poetry in the poetry anthology is up now... if anyone is interested...
  7. I can't believe it! The Bell road crew is actually replacing the lines on my road in the pouring rain. Al said he wanted to make sure I was looked after. They're building a new tower just down from my driveway that will never get submerged no matter how deep the ditches get. Having a wonky internet every spring or when it rains heavily is frustrating.
  8. Hey, all! My internet is very slow, but working. It's pouring rain here. Sad about Comsie.
  9. What shocking news. Comsie was a legend I found sweet to deal with. Our interactions were few, but you'd have to be a fool not to see the profound impact he had on online writing. His readers were absolutely devoted to him, and one thing I am sure of... he was way too young to leave us. Still, he left one hell of a mark all the same. RIP, Comsie, and my condolences to those who were close to him.
  10. Goy my internet back for now, but they have to run a new line past a tower that has fallen and is submerged in water. The Bell tech says he is asking permission to bypass it, and they may be working on it as soon as tomorrow. Says it's the best solution because the ground is to soft in that spot for digging equipment. Fingers crossed he gets the all clear. He gave me his phone # so I can deal with him directly.
  11. Breathless I hunger for that which renders me breathless, erupting my skin in pebbled bliss and inducing a salty sheen of sweat, the taste on the tongue an explosion of carnal delight Slick moisture adorning scalps, sleek, taut flanks, and pooling along furrowed muscle as my skin absorbs the scent of another, changing my own to a heady mixture telling me I’m part of a whole Ravenous fingers slide, glide, grip and explor
  12. A poetic exploration of this glorious thing called life.
  13. No internet and cell reception data is sketchy. Hope all are well
  14. I hate spiders, but I read it anyway. Apparently, you have this thing for spiders... ugh... I admire them, but from a distance. Another good one, northie.
  15. Yikes! Read it and you'll understand. Creepy creepy creepy... but good. Cheers!
      • 4
      • Haha
      • Love
  16. Headstall

    The Story

    Dear god... fuel for nightmares. I hated it, but I loved it.
  17. Headstall

    Chapter 2

    13 is sadly thoughtful and apt. "We cannot find enough love"... a powerful and uncomfortable truth...
  18. I'm happy for you that he has rallied. Wishing him all the best.
  19. Headstall

    Chapter 1 Wisdom

    And another entry to come. Guess I was on a roll. #5 and #6 are of course very personal, but I like the form as expression. The 'dance of the hares' is that bit of secret magic I need to believe in. We seldom think about what is at our feet. We are a world within worlds, and there is wonder all around us. Haiku is perfect for explorations of nature. "Secret" is truly about so many things... and though I can simplify it, it still has dimensions others can find. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, northie. Cheers!
  20. Headstall

    Chapter 1 Wisdom

    It's the only way "Secret" could have ended, my dear friend. Life is nothing without the rain. Welcome back! I've been missing you, and quite frankly, I was a little worried about you. Haiku allows so much freedom despite the confines of the syllables. I'm so pleased they are appreciated. Hope you are doing well. Stay in touch, sweet lady. Cheers!
  21. Headstall

    Chapter 1 Wisdom

    You picked my favorite Haiku, buddy. Happy to hear you liked the longer poems as well. I hope you see the connection between the two. You support is much appreciated, sir. Cheers!
×
×
  • Create New...