Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,264
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Hey, Bill. Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed these... and yes, they are vastly different, and I hoped that one balanced the other for most readers. "Mendacity" is definitely scary... it reveals my fear as much as anything else. The truth used to be an absolute, and now it has become something tied to perception. THAT is truly scary. Breathless is personal, but it is also a message to those who hide behind their screens and forgo interaction with others. That seems to be more prevalent in these times, and my experience is there is no substitute for real physical intimacy... nor for the chase. Cheers, my friend.
  2. Of course. Power bottoms hold the power.
  3. Ain't going to happen.
  4. Hi, all! Happy Wednesday!
  5. Thank you, centex, and thank you for your kindness in leaving a review. Mendacity is an authentic offering if ever there was one. The world scares me... not for me... but for the generations to come. It also angers me, and the anger is uncomfortable. I'm so glad you felt it, and that it meant something to you. Cheers!
  6. Thanks, Parker. Breathless was my balance for Mendacity. Decisions, yeah. I suppose many of us play the game of 'what if?'. There is no going back, but there is no escaping those swirls of thought either. If only.... Thanks for taking the time to digest these little offerings. Cheers!
  7. Blessings on you too, T. There certainly is the taint of madness in the world, isn't there? What an apt comment. I always try to give hope in my prose, but poetry expresses much that can't have a bow put on it. What pours out can be about beauty and love, but there can also be fear. I've lived a long time, and I've never trusted our gains. In this instance, I hate being right. Thank you, friend, for giving and sharing thought for these offerings. Cheers! G.
  8. Thank you, Chris. I ended up writing a lot of poetry for this anthology. Cheers!
  9. Absolutely it is. I feel the bleakness of the times, and despair at the slide backwards to new and dangerous horizons. Lying, back then, wasn't as commonplace as it is now. Moral compasses have gone wacky and hatred flourishes. Thanks, James. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Cheers! G.
  10. Thanks, tim. Yeah... a lifetime and then some. Cheers!
  11. Ah, I see. Awesome! Happy to hear you did enjoy them. I like to re read stories. I find I get a lot more from them the second time. Been working on new stuff, but I've slowed down.
  12. You're going to hell.
  13. And my whole body is achy. Me first.
  14. Hey, all! In the midst of my fourth cold since October 22. Never would have believed it. My grandkids are petri dishes for germs.
  15. Oh, so you have read the other two? Sorry to hear you didn't connect with them, but that's the way it works. Just ignore my recommendation in a later post. I appreciate you delving into this one, though. You take care too, and thanks for steering me towards "Awakening Land". Cheers, and be well. Gary.
  16. Thanks for reading and supporting, mdm. So happy you enjoyed it. I would ask for you to leave a Story Like/Reaction, a Story Recommendation, and a Story Review on the front story page. It only takes a few seconds, and these things stir up new interest in the story, and that would make me happy. As far as a part 2, there could possibly be another one connected in some way to Bearpaw. I enjoyed reading along with you, friend. I recommend you check out "Sidewinder" next. Cheers! Gary.
  17. Leafs won!! Series tied!!
×
×
  • Create New...