-
Posts
13,406 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by raven1
-
Where did my box of tissues go? Oh yeah... The phone call left me stunned and grabbing tissues as I tried to recover. Next best part was The Kiss. I knew it was coming, I swear. @Krista's well crafter use of details is amazing, and I focused on those a lot. I wasn't expecting the kiss in this chapter, so I was surprised. I don't think there will be any negative reaction to the kiss in the next chapter.
-
@Krista, I love how you use little details to build your characters. Ridley is a riddle that Gabe is out to solve. Gabe is definitely up to the challenge and has made more progress than anyone else has for many years. Gabe uses all the skills of a reporter to listen, persuade, observe and gather as many details of Ridley as he can. Gabe has a plan and it is focused on Ridley to trust him. I don't think Gabe will betray Ridley by writing a trash article. He wants more from Ridley. Neither Gabe or Mari have anything to lose if they can't get the article, but Gabe maneuvered Mari out of the picture and invited himself to dinner. I also suspect he knows that Ridley is gay and used his walk to the media room as an enticement to Ridley. I also think Gabe thinks Ridley's desire to remain in the shadows is related to Matt. That was one part of the interview that was way out in space for the article, but something Gabe wanted to know. Probably for personal reasons???? I should also praise you for how you developed the physical pictures of Gabe and Ridley without writing a huge report describing all their attributes. A few facts like the color of Gabe's eyes or Gabe is a tennis player, and Ridley focusing on Gabe backside and the way it moves tells a lot of information very efficiently. Well done.
-
Ridley is a very intriguing character and the start to his story is very expertly set up. His nickname suggests that knowing Ridley and where he is now will be difficult to answer. This and how Ridley look at Gabe's backside walking to the media room, suggests that the problem probably started when Ridley and Matt discovered their sexuality, and it wasn't a match. This together with what happened to Ridley's father might begin to explain Ridley. I am sticking with this story to find out. I admire the controlled, compact and fluid way you have set this up. Great chapter.
-
Aod update! He is passed out on the couch with "The Deadly Hallow "playing in the middle of the day. He will just go back to whichever movie he last remembers and start from there when he wakes up. If he likes the movies enough, I am sure to see them a couple of more times. He discovered "Grace and Frankie" and binged for months going through all seasons 4 times! One great result is his English got a whole lot better.
-
I wish that there were that kind of sale here for English language books. There are tourist/backpacker used book stores here, but the prices are outrageously high. The selection and the quality are low.😥
-
Hey Spike! How are you tonight?
-
Hi Page, We're OK today. Aod is off on a Harry Potter binge today. I think he's up to "The Prisoner of Azkaban". I am binging on Cia's On Fire trying to catch up. I think I have 10 chapters to go. Any fun at the library? Going to the library with my mom on Saturdays was one of the really great memories from my childhood. I hope Max will have the same great memories as he grows older. I can still see the little library in the town in my minds eye.
-
Hi All! I got up early today, but have just been reading. I miss @dughlas also, and hope he gets back soon. I hope the trip has been good for him.❤️
-
I'm checking out for the night! Have a great Saturday all.
-
Toto's return from the hospital was a nice scene of friends and family greeting him. He really does love Michele and missed him. It was Toto's first question after greeting his father and friends. Michele probably surprised himself by slapping Toto, but it was very understandable. Michele had a lot of feelings to unleash that built up over the past weeks. Claudia is the smart one who made sure Toto talked to Michele. I was so happy these two are back together. The lunch with everyone there was great. Dani and Giaco where finally reconnecting as friends. Dani is being realistic in his approach. He does feel that the relationship they have for each other is different for each of them. Dani wants something different and more than Giaco wants. I wasn't happy that Laura coopted Giaco once again. This time Marco got to see proof that Dani was telling the truth and has now decided to try to establish a friendship with Dani. These two need each other. Great chapter.
- 18 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Good Morning Page!What are you doing up so early on the weekend?
-
I think you and Clo should consult! I think Page gave her some advice about how to deal with bad neighbors. Sorry to hear that the roosters are still alive and noisy. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere the distance between neighbors is less that 200 yards. They are animals for a rural environment, not a suburban neighborhood.
-
Hi Albert! Hope you had a good sleep. You are an early riser I assume. 5:15 AM is very early for me now that I'm retired. I hope you have your coffee already.
-
I second that! Albert brings a lot of fun, food and awesome pictures and cartoons. I would probably miss CotT2 also, since Albert first convinced me to visit here.
-
I agree, Drew wouldn't let spider loose so close to his house.
-
Nothing planned other than tonight. Aod invited some of our friends for drinks, snacks and gossip.
-
Hi Bucket! Hope the weather is warmer. What part of Oz do you live in? North, south, east or west?
-
Hi Clo! Ready for the weekend?
-
Emais makes this place sound more like a slaughter house than a school. I am sure both he and the headmaster are both insane. Their definition of tough love discipline means learning your lessons at the hands, teeth, fangs, claws, tails, horns, weapons and powers of other students. I am sure Rafe's father wants Rafe back so he won't be able to attend this school. After Rafe and his friends graduate, they will be too powerful to stop as they dismantle and destroy the Coat. A very descriptive chapter of what to expect during their time here at the academy.
-
Hey Albert! I am off to do some grocery shopping, so I'll see you later today/tomorrow for you.
-
Thanks for the link. They seem to have some different ideas for cheeses. I liked the one that was a combo of cheddar and the blue cheese. That sounds so delicious to me as a snack with wine. I'll see if I can order it online.
-
Hey Drew! How's the god-emperor this evening? I see you and Spike were bad boys today.
-
Darn! That's not a brand I've seen here. We only get a few American brand cheeses, usually cheddar, jack, cream cheese and processed slices (uck!)😥
-
Hey Albert! Sawasdee Khrup 🙏 I see you have been having fun playing with Drew's ego. It's a big job, but you do it sooo well.
-
Howdy Gary! Have you been hanging with Mrsgnomie and kbois? You're picking up some of the best habits.
