Jump to content

raven1

Author
  • Posts

    13,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by raven1

  1. There are times where I thought it would be fun to have Judge Judy comment on your discussions with kbois. Maybe she would rule in your favor in the ongoing coconut war.
  2. I am sure @Mrsgnomie has a gift, but I'm betting @kbois will claim she gave it to Mrsgnomie. 😇
  3. raven1

    Chapter 6

    I agree with @drsawzall and @drpaladin about Giaco's and Dani's morning at their special place. It revealed that Giaco has acknowledged their childhoods have past, and they both face face an uncertain future. We know that Dani is at the same point and also confused about his future. With Dani, we know his problems, concerns and those who influence him. Giaco may have pressures, problems and concerns we are not aware of yet. What will happen in the future for these two is not easy to see. The fire will be a catalyst for Michele and Toto to resolve their differences and come together again. That I am very sure will happen. My prediction for Sami is that the entire community of Ravello will come to his side. He unknowingly has some very influential people on his side. He is a 7 year old orphan and no one will want to send him back to a dangerous country. There are too many loving people in Ravello that will want to adopt Sami. To answer @James Carnarvon's question, I think Dani needs to be the first to let Marco know what happened with the fire and that Sami is OK. It will be a first step to overcome Marco's reluctance if Marco knows Dani thought of Marco first. Great chapter!
  4. raven1

    Island Blowjob

    Not sure if you meant this for Aaron or me. For me, I am in Chiang Mai, Thailand for the last 14 years.
  5. raven1

    Island Blowjob

    Me too! Born and raised in the backwoods of Oregon. No locked doors even after I woke up my parents one Saturday morning telling them there was a dead girl on the couch. The middle school daughter of some neighbors had gone to a school dance and when she got home she just walked in and passed out on the sofa...in the wrong house.
  6. I think we would have a great time if you make it here. I know you'd enjoy the food and love the people here.
  7. raven1

    Epilogue

    Thanks @tippysmom! I'll check those out this week. I have several authors I am following now who post Mondays thru Thursdays. I'll definite get to those on the weekend at the latest.
  8. As a fellow Oregonian, I can assure you it is a least regional, since my mom used it regularly. Dad was from east Tennessee and understood, but never used it. His was simply pull up a chair (even if we were sitting in a vinyl covered booth). Although, I guess we could be distant cousins???? I also used chester draws as a kid. For the youth here that might have difficulty understanding some of the comments: For the really young there is also this:
  9. We have lovely bunches of coconuts here in Chiang Mai, but sadly no Dr. Pepper. 😥For all those coconut haters, I hope they don't like Thai curries or other Thai foods, drinks or deserts that use coconuts.
  10. It tasted very good and was filling. It's kind of like a comfort food for me, since everyone in the family liked it. Mom always made enough for each of us to have two servings.
  11. Hi Gary! Here's one just for you!
  12. I love pea and ham soup. Lentil soup is also very good. All three are made about the same way with most of the same spices. Ham and bean soup uses either small white beans or navy beans. Most of the seasonings are the same. I use either a smoked ham hock or left over ham (when I was in the states). All three are favorite cold weather meals for me with garlic bread and garden salad. I like the block mold idea for bolognese sauce. Thanks for the idea. Spaghetti is a very popular western food in Thailand.
  13. Unfortunately, this time it will be Loren's fault. He won't have anyone to blame but himself. Loren's friends may feel sorry for him (and he will hate that), but I can't see them supporting Loren by trying to get Jay to apologize this time.
  14. raven1

    Seven of Swords

    Sylvia's call did make the more complicated that clear as @drpaladin suggested. Sylvia has given Terry much of the history of the theater and the people who ran it in the past. She didn't add anything at the time that would lead me to think she knew about any crime there. That she has warned Terry, however, makes it evident she does know something about what happened or who was responsible. May be she didn't know anything before, but Brenda in her grief for Maurice has confided in Sylvia and Silvia is passing it on. It could also be that Sylvia did know something and is now scared for her self, Terry and Dan. Another avenue is that Sylvia is deep in this and is sending another warning for Terry and Dan to clear out. It doesn't sound like there will be a seance at the theater, but how about another one at Cynthia's house. Great mystery you have created here Mawgrim.
  15. I did like the fact that Jay stood up to his parents, especially mom, and let them know he wouldn't accept the fact that he and his brothers are treated differently. Of course it was funny he made Loren pay for the missed meal. I am sure he paid Loren back. I also liked the time Loren spent with Lars and their friends finally reconnecting and talking about what happened. Loe and Lars parents are still unfathomable in their treatment of Loren. I can't believe these two are even in Lars life anymore.
  16. Well Loren has finally force Jay to leave. Jay has given Loren a hell of a lot. Loren has given a lot of reasons for his position about a relationship and Jay has tried to respect them. But Loren has been with Jay in a relationship for a very long time without acknowledging they are in a relationship. Jay wants a marriage and family, but doesn't push it because Loren refuses to change. We all know that Loren will make a great father. Loren is just too afraid and doesn't like change. What he doesn't admit is that moving in together is really not much different that what is already happening now. It's like he still feels he is responsible for the sadness in his life and refuses to accept that he is happy and Jay is the major reason he is happy. This time, Loren needs make the apology to Jay and really mean it.
  17. Hi Albert! Hope you and Steve are off to a great start this morning. Before you ask, I didn't make the beef bourguignon yet. The beef didn't thaw in time, and I had already started navy beans to make ham and bean soup. So that's what I made today. I made a big batch and am freezing several baggies full to have as a quick meals this month. Tomorrow I'll get to the beef. 🤗
  18. Hey Page! Hope you all are off to a good start this morning!
  19. raven1

    Chapter 14

    It certainly was an epic battle. I like Frodd's spirit and feisty determination. I think he could become a great ally when the dust settles on this encounter.
  20. raven1

    Chapter 13

    You describe the party exactly as I pictured it in the last chapter. One surprised was how Cain treated Andre. Cain was definitely more respectful and concerned than the wolves at Graybite. I agree that Lindsey will make a great addition to Rafe's group. Andre is about to see how well Rafe can handle himself when drunk. I wonder if it will inspire Andre to learn to defend himself and Rafe when needed.
  21. raven1

    Chapter 12

    What kind of party? With a bunch of hormonal teens, no rules, and a bit violent. I suspect a combination of drunken violence amid a mass orgy. I think Lindsey will be a great addition to the group.
  22. raven1

    Chapter 11

    The encounter with the vamps left me uncomfortable. Rafe has the right idea, and I am sure that Andre would never willingly consent to 'donate' his blood. Joe is a bit iffy. I can see him being seduced by Deyja. I am not sure if the vamps will be enemies, but they probably won't be friends. I'll reserve judgement until I know more about vamps in this universe and these ones in particular.
  23. raven1

    Chapter 10

    Rafe thinks he can take on his father all by himself. I hope he is disabused of that idea fast. His father will used all his resources, human and weapons. to fight Rafe. If Rafe wants to win, he will need to use all his resources. At present that is Andre, Joe, Beau and Toby. The next nine years are going to be very interesting.
  24. Good Monday Morning All!
  25. That's for today dinner. I'm afraid that the Time Zone difference has struck again. Also the need to buy alcohol here only during the selling hours which are weird. 11 AM to 2 PM, and 5 PM to 11 PM. I have to much to do this morning, so I had to buy it yesterday morning. I'll let you know tomorrow morning. Of course, that will be tomorrow night for you guys. 🤪
×
×
  • Create New...