Jump to content

raven1

Author
  • Posts

    13,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by raven1

  1. raven1

    Chapter 9

    Rafe and Andre both seem to be nervous with Andre being excited and Rafe skeptical of the new school. Beau seems to have had a lot of friends from his time at school. I expect his introduction of Andre and Rafe was an attempt to connect them with the kids of his former group at the school. I view Andre and Rafe as two spirits bonded as one. Neither is more powerful, but each powerful in their own way. Andre has a big heart, deep intelligence, pragmatic sense, and caution. He is the strategist of the two. Rafe is powerful, aggressive, protective with a deep sense of right and wrong. He also has a big heart. Their years together at the academy will strengthen them and make them unbeatable as a team. I am very impressed at the beginning to this tale. It is well written and has built a unique world.
  2. raven1

    Chapter 8

    There seems to be a lot of history revealed in the chapter. Rafe's father is Rhys who was a friend of Toby at one time. Rhys is who Rafe has run away from, and seems to have tried to kill Toby, Beau and someone called Maisie. Rafe's power is more powerful than before, even if he still can't completely control it. Andre did his job by helping Rafe understand how the power began the last time Rafe used it. It was one hell of a lot of power. The phone call to the orphans from Andre was fun. It seems that Bylo and Caster are handling things well, but like brothers are constantly bickering.
  3. raven1

    Chapter 5

    Dani's talk to Gianni was very nice and helped Dani. The thing that touched me the most was Gianni letting Dani read his mother's diary and letter. This scene was so beautifully written. This part hit me hard, and reminded me that many of life's tragedies often result in changes that can also bring us happiness. I like that Dani has asked Toto for help with Sami. I also think that Marco and Dani will be able to put the past behind them as the help Sami find a new life in Ravello. Sami has a lot of problems to face, but he is doing what he can to help someone less fortunate than himself. That says a lot about the goodness Marco has within himself.
  4. I got two Merlots. One from Chile and one from Australia. I'll leave the review when I do the taste tests. I just hope I have enough to make the beef bourgeon.🤪
  5. raven1

    Chapter 7

    This school definitely is not the usual type of school. It's violence and chaotic nature very vividly revealed by the fight and reaction of the students and headmaster. The sports program is interesting. What are the courses like? This will be an interesting year for Rafe. Somehow I expect Andre to develop a lot of new violent skills whether he wants to or not.
  6. raven1

    Chapter 6

    A very interesting school. The headmaster seems to know something that the guys don't know about Bones that may be a foundation for friendship. It seems Bones has much the same problem as Andre has with bullies.
  7. Nothing new here. I'm just having a lazy day. Only accomplishment was grocery shopping. I am going to try to make beef bourguignon tomorrow, so I had to get the wine today.
  8. raven1

    Chapter 5

    I wonder why, if Rafe is the heir, he is taking the difficult way of destroying the Coat. It sounds like he could do it from the inside as heir much easier than from the outside.
  9. raven1

    Chapter 4

    Rafe has powers more than he realizes. One's that seem to be the result of genetic heritage. I wonder who his parents really are. He takes out Axel and his gang who are threatening the omega children. Rafe is also made that they have made his best friend into a subservient mess by their bullying. I think that Rafe is going to make sure Andre learns to defend himself and the confidence to win. Great story. I hope we get regular updates on the omega orphans left behinds.
  10. raven1

    Chapter 3

    I loved meeting Andre's family. Jan is a lovely person and knows just exactly how to motivate Andre. By is a sweet kid much like Andre and will do his best to replace Andre. I hope he also gets a chance as he develops new skills and knowledge. Caster is a clone of Rafe. He may be the next to go to Ironwood Academy. The great thing about this chapter is that it gives hope to the other omegas for a better future if they work hard and learn.
  11. I would definitely read that!!!
  12. You will probably get nuke for that one Clo! Good work!!!
  13. Sounds like an updated 1980's Eureka.
  14. Thanks Drew! Now get to bed! It is way past your bedtime. Sleep well.
  15. raven1

    Chapter 1

    I forgot to mention that I love the poetic irony of this chapter. Both Deidre's parents and Aunt Petunia are getting very unexpected surprises. Aunt Petunia not only has/has a sister and daughter in law who are witches, but also a nephew, a squib son and maybe a magical grandchild. Of course that means she really is a squib herself.
  16. I was laughing my ass off the whole chapter. The dialogue even when serious was just too funny. Even Vincent's joys of gay sex talk to Dirk made me chuckle. I can just picture Dirk stuffing food into his mouth as Vincent gives him the lecture. It is apparent from the snarky exchange and pheromone powered lust that is building, Dirk and Ingles will make amazing destined mates. Next to Vincent, Dirk is the most changed character in this story. He went from no mage to mage, hating humans to being one, homophobe to gay. Will he go from top to bottom? At least Ingles now has his destined mate, just not what he expected. My only question is did Aliz do this odd couple pairing on her own, or did Terik suggest the prank?
  17. I can't believe I forgot to comment. Great chapter @Mawgrim. It is an interesting medieval economy. As a retired teacher of history and science, I've always wondered why Pern's society remained stagnant for 400 years without threadfall. There seems to be no advancement in science or economics during that period. I like the comments in this chapter.
  18. The exoskeleton grows also.
  19. This reminds me about a good topic to discuss. Which is sexier, a man with more clothes or less clothes? Before Albert can say it. If Mike Myers can do it so can I.
  20. Hey Gary! Lurking around I see. Here's some payback you can stalk if you like.
  21. Hi Page! Send my best regards to the M & M guys.
  22. I'll be sure to return the favor and send you any mutant spiders that result from the explosion. Texas Panhandle, right?
  23. Hello Sweet Clo! You and Albert were a great tag team last night! The topic was a bit hard on the stomach, however.
×
×
  • Create New...