Jump to content

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,277
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    This chapter is encompassed by a murky shroud of dread. What you don't know can hurt you and there is far too much which is unknown. There was an abundance of trauma and benign neglect in Micco's young life brightened only by Billie and his friendship with Chase. It's understandable how he drifts back to the fondest memories of his childhood. Children tend to be resilient, but eight years of therapy indicate the depth of Micco's damage. He never had the unconditional love and understanding he needed from these strangers called family and it simply became part of the ongoing rush of tragedy he still suffers from. I understand his desire to investigate Sam's house himself and Chase will as well, but no one else will. We remain as deeply in the dark as Micco over what is really going on. What would prompt Sam to put his house on the market? A desire or need to get away obviously, but from what? I'm afraid characters named Billie bring up too many images of females; Billie Burke, Billie Piper, and Billie Holliday to name a few.
  2. Meh. Not to mention it was also cheaper to build. He's loaded, but tight with a dollar.
  3. Someone I know has one as a lake house. I always thought it was silly to have a ski chalet in the South. I suppose it's more practical than the castle someone else built.
  4. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Isn't off topic normal here?
  5. But it wasn't exactly as clear as we like to remember. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-counterintuitive-history-of-black-hats-white-hats-and-villains
  6. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    I thought so too. He'd delightedly tell guests they were sitting on the world's biggest penis.
  7. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    All the guests on his yacht did. The barstools were upholstered with whale foreskin.
  8. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Did you know Ari had the world's biggest wingwang?
  9. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    So possessions and hauntings are still possible.
  10. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Would the renamed pair go looking for an Aristotle Onassis lookalike?
  11. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    And the wolf will have its own issues.
  12. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    It never hurts if people think you're more than a little crazy.
  13. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    All humans be crazy.
  14. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    I agree. It was a tough call. Raising a teen requires a lot of attention and Caleb understood he was ill-equipped to handle it by himself. If he had the luxury of more time to prepare, he might have been able to take another path.
  15. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    The wolf part is a different personality. The human side often conflicts with what the wolf wants. I'd say no to shifting curing a mental disorder.
  16. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Costume? I went to a Halloween party and someone asked where was my costume. I said, "Am I not scary enough as I am?" "Uh, yeah."
  17. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Shame and I so thought it would help.
  18. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Or The Omega Man.
  19. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Elephants aren't in those anymore. Does this help?
  20. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    What's the cost if he doesn't?
  21. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    If I were one of those pack bigwigs, I'd smile and hand him a cigar while standing upwind.
  22. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Everyone is fixated on the idea Caleb was poisoned by food or drink, but it isn't necessarily so. Some organomercury compounds absorb readily through the skin or he could have inhaled it. The latter could have been a dosed cigar or a candle.
  23. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Can't help it. I've been fiddling with deadly chemicals and explosives since I was a child. No, he's not. He'd be even more sensitive to silver than a human.
  24. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    The amount of silver nitrate used would have to be small. Silver nitrate is corrosive, plus silver compound exposure causes the skin to turn blue gray when you get to a dose of 3.8g. It would be hard to miss.
  25. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Different story universe, different rules. In that one healing used up life force of the healer. Here Asa is channeling the power of light to heal. It's not the same at all. His only reticence in healing has been fear of exposure.
×
×
  • Create New...