Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Parker Owens

    May Sonnet

    Kindness upon kindness, and all undeserving. The 'Come, love' would not let me rest. It was only when fire burned and rain fell that it could let me be. Now is the month of maying....
  2. Parker Owens

    Chapter 10

    Several things strike home in this chapter. Luke doesn't need Jackson, not at all...but he likes him anyway, despite himself. Jackson seems to realize he's been missing something with Luke. Even more startling must be the new understanding that stupid pranks might just turn out to be...really stupid; that his view of all his 'harmless' fun may not be especially accurate. Then there is the thought that someone still has faith and trust in him, in spite of all the utterly convincing and compelling evidence to the contrary. If Jackson actually pays attention to this slew of self revelations (admittedly a big if), he might actually turn into a worthwhile semi-adult worth befriending. What a thought.
  3. What a gift you have; but what about Eustace Whitley? Witch Hazel perhaps? Something old fashioned, no doubt.
  4. Definitely...thanks so much for making the link! Liked this a lot!
  5. Parker Owens

    Chapter 2

    I am enjoying this story more and more. And I know that people can and do change, but one's previous experience does not always make that easy on anyone. Surely Pierre will have moved on, but the hurt will always be there. For Corey, any reunion will be dangerous, especially if the callous Zach continues to fritter away the relationship they have....excellent and captivating! And I want more, yes?
  6. Parker Owens

    Early March

    Toph is growing by leaps and bounds. And if he ever decides to completely dismantle his fences, then his year will have been spent as profitably as he possibly could have done. Here is hoping he can sustain this growth.
  7. Parker Owens

    May Sonnet

    No, I'm not in the springtime of life here, though sometimes I still feel that way. But there is the tension between autumn and spring in this poem that I wanted highlight, and so I'm glad that came through. Many thanks for your thoughts...
  8. Parker Owens

    May Sonnet

    Thank you, Adi. There is perspective (or age, if you like) here, along with commitment. So glad you liked it.
  9. Funny, but I never thought about cologne for the A to Z characters. But Andy often associated his experience with the scent of hay and barn, and he knew Zander's swimming pool scent, too, so maybe that counts...
  10. Parker Owens

    May Sonnet

    Tim, your comment made me smile and realize how lucky I truly am. I am so glad you liked this,
  11. Parker Owens

    May Sonnet

    I am glad you were moved, as I was in writing it. Also glad you caught the contrasts in the quatrains, as they weren't originally that way in draft. Thanks so much.
  12. Parker Owens

    May Sonnet

    Thank you for telling me how this made you feel. It was kind of like a dam broke when it all came together. Gratefully, Parker
  13. Parker Owens

    Incense

    I felt much taken by this remembrance and prayer. It seems as much for us as for Jim, but your life for him brings life to this poem.
  14. Come, love, and let me be the gentle rain to soothe your fever's all persistent ache; let me assuage your solitary pain and all your desert desiccation slake. Come, love, and in me kindle flames which burn so wild as to consume fear's forest deep, that dark, forbidding fastness rude and stern where I lay hid with secrets that I keep. Come, love, so let us till our autumn ground and plant again that we might know the spring may come again to us who may confound the seasons of our life upon it
  15. So, I'm not convinced, either. It appears that so many are not content or sure of what they think they understand. Lanni isn't convinced she's attractive, so she's going to throw herself at caddish Cal? Ugh. Randy sees something nobody...not even David...sees. He won't convince Alex, that's for sure. Now David has the willies about Erik and Twoey? What does Twoey think? And then there is the matter of Burch's demise the delinquent duo. Will the judge be convinced to make a sensible deal? Only Sam seems happy, and well, convinced...great chapter, but I need much more!
  16. Parker Owens

    After the 30

    I experienced the same tug on the poetic hand you did. Unlike me you wrote about it eloquently. I loved the way you used the armour image, which got me thinking about knights and chivalry....
  17. Parker Owens

    Noticed

    Thanks for reviewing the second time around. Stefan is far more than a bug, isn't he. What a great sorrow it is that he doesn't know it.
  18. Welcome. Glad you took the plunge, and hope you will feel the same way.
  19. Val, these are smashing, and I can only echo Tim, and thank you for stirring up so many of us to try the challenge this year. Some reactions... # 21 I know ts feeling, this experience. And you describe it with deft economy. # 22. Know this, too. Can't wait for a no alarm day. # 23. And some days and experiences are just too much, aren't they? Aptly described. # 24. This one made me smile, and I had no difficulty at all imagining it. Love the leaves shaking in laughter. Being tickled, maybe? # 25. Okay, this had my heart rate up. # 26. Oh. that kind of hunger... # 27. A feline snapshot. Purrrrfect. # 28. I think this is my favorite of the group. Judas as the kid who never thought it would turn out that way..... # 29. Great image for bitterness like a blanket. The cure is to get out bed, then? # 30. Oh, the unhappiness and uncertain of goodbye. This was very nicely done. And I very much appreciate your poetic reworking for the Lord's Prayer. That in itself is a great boon to me as a reader. Thanks again for all your help and happy instigation.
  20. You are very kind to ask for more. The poetry challenge was somethingI took on with a certain amount of fear, but look how many people did it this year. Glad you enjoyed some of what I submitted. Thanks for reading them and for sharing your reactions.
  21. I liked 29 a great deal, too, for the images it brought to mind. I thought 24 was quite a lot of fun, and it came quite naturally. If there is lots of time to play in the sandbox, then I hope it will be you to call me to dinner!
  22. Adi, I do love reading your reactions. You thought of hats? What sort, and where? I am happy you liked the bridge poem, as I think it was one of my favorites for this set.
  23. Dear Tim, I love that you read what I submit, knowing that perhaps you respond to language as I do. This was an awesome challenge, and now I am amazed we all did it. Do I need to thank you for your encouragement? Absolutely. - P
  24. I am glad you liked APRIL 30, as I did, too. There was something about the shared secret in the dance that appealed to me. Glad you liked 04-31, too..just a little bonus.
×
×
  • Create New...