Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Parker Owens

    Days 22 to 30

    XXII Oh, how I hate being the subject of "I told you so!" But I smiled at to, couldn't help it, especially at barking up the wrong tree... XXIII. This sonnet perfectly conjures up the disparity of flash and dash versus the emptiness that can come afterwards. Is it the speaker who cares for him? I thought about that. XXIV. Never saw a cat go after a bee. What a sight that must have been! XXV The hopelessness and hurt radiate from every line in this. The words color it grey, and though the jewel weed is there, the hurt seems to overcome it. I ached with this. XXVI. Again, more destruction of the soul, the self. In just a few words, you paint a searing portrait of dementia. XXVII Your words make me feel welcome and ready to feast! XXVIII. I absolutely love the way you begin this poem. It makes me feel as if I am interrupting the story, or catching up with it in progress. I have been at there...hesitating for too many moments, unable to catch myself or fall. XXIX. How well you show us that you can see through our masks. XXX. I loved the idea of the Renga, and regretted not being able to take part. But VAMP did a superb job and turned out a passionate plea for redemption and life.
  2. Parker Owens

    Days 22 to 30

    Day 22. You describe the scene perfectly, so that I can hear the gulls and watch the loons on the water. ...sun slid between pushy clouds...that's a wonderfully inspired image. Day 23. Warmth, peace, contentment: to be loved like that is the greatest blessing. Day 24. Your vivid dream, lucidly described. And it's message, so clear - not all dreams are clear, so this is a gift. Day 25. What a great line to begin with...and miles to go...please don't contemplate your final sleep too soon, as this is an eloquent plea to live life slowly and delectably. Day 26. I empathize with this one, know exactly what it talks about. You speak to me here. Day 27. As with 26, this poem talks to my experience. Day 28. Love this lighthearted piece. Your limerick is an antidote to 26 and 27. Day 29. Too much poetry?? How is that possible? But I understand the sentiment you raise...the feeling of 'what more can I say?' Sometimes gets to me. Day 30. At an end, perhaps, but worth it, this poem shows why the month of toil makes such a difference. To me, this is a wonderful piece describing the beauty in the natural and everyday experience. It contemplates beauty in the simple, ordinary bits of life.
  3. Parker Owens

    A Journal

    I don't know if you ever got past the admittedly hard first five chapters. You can skip over them, if you like, as the rest of the story isn't quite so difficult. But I appreciate your taking the time to try this story, anyhow.
  4. Parker Owens

    A Journal

    Too bad, indeed. In any event, I am so very happy you enjoyed A to Z; it was something I was really glad to share. Also glad that rereading it was as worthwhile as the first time.
  5. Parker Owens

    A Journal

    Too bad, indeed. In any event, I am so very happy you enjoyed A to Z; it was something I was really glad to share. Also glad that rereading it was as worthwhile as the first time.
  6. APRIL 22 The partial differential with respect to x has more to do with function z; as y is held as constant, this is what protects the coefficient y, you see? Now do it once again, but with respect to y, a different planar slope obtains. The two define just where the tangent plane may lie, though this may overtax our brains. Despite confusion, onward go another round, a second differential take. But when you do, you're at a stand, what have you found? More partial layers, for heaven's sak
  7. David must feel another little kick in the gut this time, in addition to the injuries he's already got. What he also has is a David-crazy girlfriend. He's too much in confusion to do much about it, but if she irritates Tommy, maybe she'll have to back off. Erik and Twoey seem to be forming their ever closer union...don't really see a breaking point coming there, and what a pity. Interesting bit about Gary's godfather...you have me waiting for more!
  8. There are very few ways I can see in which this can turn out at all well. Jose Maria could tell Bernardo that his plan just isn't going to happen with his consent, and warn CJ off - but something tells me JM has already shared boys this way with Bernardo before, so why take a pass now? CJ could figure out what's coming and dodge it, but what would clue him in? Or it could just happen, which would really mess up CJ, his trust and confidence, and the relationship he has with his dads, and much else besides. In any case, this is a dramatic thriller that has most of us on the edges of our seats. Hoping for the best, of course, but not expecting good things...
  9. Parker Owens

    Chapter 17

    Now this is one heck of a chapter. Love, suspense, crossed-up lovers and friends, and of course a cliffhanger to boot! I really liked what you did with this! Josh is a fool, and Galen? What on earth happened to Galen? More soon, right?
  10. Parker Owens

    Chapter 22

    Great chapter. Wonder what Joshua will be like, really...and will Shade disabuse him? And the simmering Curtis question may come to a boil, too. Lots of spice and tension building!
  11. Parker Owens

    Desire

    Thanks so very much for reading Desire. I will indeed look for your post.
  12. Thank you for taking the time to read these. There is a great range of feeling in them, and if you got something from them, great. I'm very happy neither you nor the ducks came to any great harm...
  13. That's so very kind of you to say so. The poem-per-day challenge for April has been stimulating and rewarding. Glad you liked this.
  14. Lucky Chucky to have such a patient and thoughtful, and essentially kind teacher. Who knew kids in high school could be that way about sex? Can they? Twoey's statement that there wasn't any Twoey-and-David and never will be was sad, and even he felt the tug. But there's no way in the universe as it is currently configured for that to happen. And maybe that's more real, though sad. David's choices about what the state prosecutors should do will probably pull him apart...and who murdered Burch? And what were the stakes that made it necessary? That ought to give David the shivers right away. Great chapter, SD...want more!
  15. How very, very wonderful and lovely. They were perfect Valentines for each other.
  16. It was really kind of you to write a final review of A to Z. If the story grabbed ahold of you and felt compelling enough to finish, then that's splendid. Andy certainly led a difficult and winding journey to Blackburn, and it was Zander who was waiting for him at the end. This, I hope, made it worth the agony of the early chapters. I have seen your chapters post on GA, but have not yet looked at your story elsewhere. I shall have to investigate, and thank you for the link. How odd we should have include several similar elements. If you. Have become a fan of Andy and Zander, you have made my day...if not my year. Many thanks!
  17. Poem 13. Loss...what a beautiful and touching poem. Poem 14. Love the barn. I can feel it, hear it, smell it. Poem 15. Absolutely perfect. What a fantastic set of images! Poem 16, 17. Awesome product of the group. I really liked it! Poem 18. The perfect twist in two words...until now. I really resonate with this. Poem 19. An excellent example of a poem in which less is more. All the untold story weighs on my imagination. Poem 20. Again, brevity does not mean loss of power or imagery. Loved punctuated by shouts of illumination.
  18. Parker Owens

    Days 15 to 21

    Day 15. Loved the VAMP poem! Great idea! Day 16. I just want to hug you and support you. Day 17. I grieve with you in this. Day 18. Love the image of feeling lighter. Day 19. New plants, new shoots, new life. Great and hopeful thoughts. Day 20. This had me smiling from the very beginning, and grinning all through. I remember my own baker's children, and you capture it perfectly. Day 21. Poor fairy pining after Tink. What an interesting POV.
  19. Thank you Gary! I am so glad you liked APRIL 15, as I had fun with it. Number 19 certainly felt like a story crying to be told. I am so glad these appealed...
  20. Thank you, Tim. For you to tell me they are beautiful is a great satisfaction.
  21. Oh no! Not another bratty reflector! Glad you liked these this week...and thank you for the prompts!
  22. Thank you so much for writing! April 18 had me humming in anticipation, which earned me odd looks, as I wrote it on a bus...glad for any enjoyment you derived.
  23. My unhappy mirror has to look at me, and more's the pity. I am glad you liked many of these, and I agree...April 19 was meant to chill...and hurt, too. Thank you!
  24. Thank you! You should write poetry too...It ought to be good, from what I've seen.
×
×
  • Create New...