Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. More building up, more teasing. Poor Patrick's going to burst, I think...
  2. A lovely, lovely lullaby for whoever you love. Marvelous.
  3. So now we are twenty one; your couplets are very well done; and once you immerse into this kind of verse, you'll have only just started the fun! ... ThanksDrew
  4. Happy Birthday, naughty Drew! I calculated pi for you. May all those digits, mighty fickle, give you a hearty birthday tickle! Happy Birthday, Pi.
  5. I am very glad you liked 'Hermit Crab,' as I fought my way through that one longest and hardest. How to look at a person - oneself, even - at more than one age? I am so glad someone else knows about Yellow Pear tomatoes. Am trying Sun Gold this year. Your remarks are kind and generous, and I really appreciate your reading this first set. I am really enjoying this...
  6. I fear I didn't follow every prompt, but my ardor was not dahmped. Thanks for reading every verse hope my rhyming won't get worse!
  7. You bet I'm having fun! And now for the next week! Glad you liked them, I did...
  8. Dear Val, these are powerful, emotive and wonderfully written. Your #4 is both compelling and heartbreaking. And the image of being cocooned by blankets and cats is a picture of comfort and warmth, as detailed as any photo. And Zombie fingers! What awesome images, all of them.
  9. Parker Owens

    Days 1 to 7

    (i) Great fun, and a lovely turn. I prefer the second fool (ii) a perfect Haiku! (iii) You make me want to be out and about with you! A compelling poem. (iv) Oh, the wicked transformation into humor in this. Liked it immensely. (v) My favorite for this group. The yearning, the hurt, the emotion all come through with complete clarity in this. (vi) Oh dear - I had to miss lunch! Wonderful. (vii) The desolate loneliness of the speaker haunts me. Beautifully written and moving. Thanks so much for all of these! On to week two!
  10. Thank you for reading these. April 7 could have been called 'endless reverberation,' I suppose. Glad you enjoyed them!
  11. I am very happy you liked these! About April 4: I am so mad at winter right now, we're not even speaking. I am glad you liked April 5; there's a lot going on there. April 7 reminded me of what you see in two opposed mirrors...thanks again. I'm enjoying this!
  12. Thanks so much for your reactions. 'Hermit Crab' could be a conundrum - lots there that's hidden in plain sight, kind of like the crab himself. And number 3 was pure fun.
  13. APRIL 1 So I flirted and I fooled, I read sonnets 'til I drooled, then I shouted to the poet crowd: "I'm in!" Though sometimes sounding phony (more doggerel than pony) I would hope my verse makes everyone to grin. Never mind my fingers black, or the adjectives I lack, My thesaurus or my dictionary thick; Every day I'll try a verse (or an ode - whichever's worse), and perhaps this literary stuff will stick. APRIL 2 Snow on bright flowers; April's unkind foolery rep
  14. Well, if David was going to be Twoey's boyfriend, it would have happened by now. It is possible to be attracted to a person without also being that person's boyfriend/girlfriend etc.; maybe David's attraction really is platonic. That doesn't mean he wouldn't feel a little bit empty knowing there's a part of Twoey he'll never share. I think that statement on David's part is right on target. Now he his paying more for his intense self-focus: he can keep Twoey as a friend, but only as a friend. Wonder whose arms he'll wind up in one day? Alex's way to David is now relatively clear. Expect the DMI (David Misery Index) to increase. On another note, David never thought much of Erik, but why should he think of him in the same kind of terms as PPF and She Who Must Never Be Named? What evil has he done (besides stealing Twoey's heart)? Of course, if Erik hurts Twoey, one would expect David to wage merciless war on him, and Erik wouldn't know what hit him. As always, this was a highly entertaining chapter! Many thanks!
  15. You are so very right, and your poem is an antidote to the wallowing in self pity I so often fall into. Thank you for a bracing, refreshing alternative to whiny melancholy.
  16. Parker Owens

    Chapter 17

    Definitely...go tell him, Casey. Can't wait for you to do that!
  17. Glad you found your way here. Hope you find a lot of new favorites.
  18. What a wonderful end to a great story. I am so glad you went way, way, over the line on this! So happy these men are in love! Just one question: how is it possible you are only a promising author?
  19. Well, Alex has certainly marked off her territory and made it clear what she wants. Randy seems more hurtful than hilarious...he's out to skewer Alex, when he'd be a far better friend to tell her truthfully what he thinks. Gary is to be thanked for de-escalating the situation, but goodness, he can't be there all the time. Twoey had better find a way to head Alex off before he does something stupid. Perhaps he could find some unfortunate guy to divert her attention? Can't wait to see what more develops, and I anxiously await another chapter....
  20. I really loved that you would write to John A MacDonald. Awesome. Your family portrait poem touched me deeply, as did your poem about wanting to be friends. I can relate to this last, especially. Beautiful writing, Tim!
  21. Very glad to make your acquaintance. Looking forward to reading your story when the moment arises. I am happy you're here!
  22. So much to chew over in ch 83...have taken a long time to the this through, and still I am in a welter of thoughts. Agree with several others in that David's inability to remember a younger self speaks, no screams, of some kind of abuse he's blocking out. Would also fit with David's chronic need to control. So Chuck is becoming part of the Matty harem. Wonder if his education is going to require a number of hands-on group projects. Alex's attracting to David seems to be getting a little scarier. Hoping that Twoey can head that off before David gets an emotional hurt he can't handle at that moment. Glad Sam is hitting it off with Deena. thanks for an engrossing chapter, SD!
  23. Parker Owens

    Mary's Place

    Well, spring is off to a terrific start...Brett survived, and will one day be able to resume his career and regular habits. Mary's place available next door? And then there is fear for Patrick's well being. Lots to look forward to this season!
  24. Parker Owens

    Chapter 15

    Big smiles for this chapter. Glad to see Casey get a little closer to Shade. Hoping for Lane's participation in the play. Just hope that Curtis can get his head out of his posterior and find a way to coexist peacefully with his step-brother.
  25. This is a wonderful poem. The warmth of the sun, of Ra, likened to your lover. How incredibly apt. There is the joy and the delight when either returns from a long absence, and the despair when you know they will be gone. Perfectly matched. Thank you for this!
×
×
  • Create New...