Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. You’re a reader of many talents! Bill seems to cram a ton of learning into his life; here’s one more thing for him to learn. Only you can tell us if it’s as easy as McTavish makes it out through his back pain. Thanks so much for your encouraging words and for reading!
  2. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    Beau and George were fun characters to write. Here are two men drawn together in their work, thrown together by necessity, who fall for one another. Beau was especially fun to write, as he has fled into a kind of frozen exile from everything he knew. He has had many discoveries to make, not the least of which is George. Thank you very much for your comments, and for reading!
  3. You are so kind to have shared your story. If Stanley and Jamie have meant something to you, then this short tale might have done its work. Many blessings to you.
  4. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    I've read shifter stories, but they’re not my favorite genre. I was floored when I received the prompt for this story. I simply hope it came off well. Your response - Lord, love a duck - made me grin. Thanks again for reading and for your comments.
  5. Parker Owens

    Fool Me Once

    I’m glad you enjoyed this playful piece. I teach mathematics, though not as well as many others. Still, it was fun imagining how the improbabilities of modern life might catch up with even the most careful man. Thanks for reading!
  6. Thank you. Your hugs and blessings are deeply appreciated. Even though those days are a few years past, the memories are still fresh.
  7. Love forbidden, love denied; how the colors of Stanley and Jamie’s lives changed in one instant; how that fateful evening drained them of hue, and turned them grey. This story haunts me still.
  8. Your immensely kind words will turn my head, I fear. Andy and Zander will undoubtedly encounter trials and tribulations in their life together. They will need the support of friends and of professionals, too. But in this single, sweet, summer moment in their lives, a light like no other shines. I’m glad you chose to enjoy it with me. Thanks for reading.
  9. Parker Owens

    Coda

    I cannot help but grin from ear to ear to know that you enjoyed reading Rick’s story. He has had his share of difficulty in life, but in this magical summer, he finds what has eluded him for so long. If Rick and his neighbors and Gus managed to get under your skin, then I hope I have done well. I also hope you have been given plenty of snapshots of small-town life on this side of the pond. Many thanks again for reading, and for your most kind comments.
  10. Thank you so much for reading! Glad you smiled at these.
  11. Parker Owens

    Mated

    Many thanks for reading!
  12. Parker Owens

    The Date

    An almost-blind date, and a setup at that. You make me feel the tension and nervousness in both men. Better still, you also let us feel that tension ease and something like comfort and attraction grow in its place. I really liked this.
  13. Parker Owens

    Chapter 6

    I don’t know what sort of pastor this man Simpson thinks he is, but he is about as unchristian as I can imagine. There must be some way for the boys to escape. They’re smart and motivated, and together, they could probably manage it. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next.
  14. Your encouragement for so long has been wonderful. Thank you for your help in honing these. I think I might get a rainbow biking shirt for next year…
  15. Thank you, tim. Hugs and peace.
  16. And to you, Dugh
  17. Thank you for reading these. The middle poem was inspired by a poetic form in which Herman Melville wrote. You were very kind to comment.
  18. You’re very kind to say so. I’m really happy you found those lines stirring. They must’ve been waiting at the tip of my pen, because they flowed out so quickly. Thanks a million for reading, and for your thoughts.
  19. Parker Owens

    Amateurs

    I really liked this entry. I am not a frequent reader of blogs, but this particular post hit me squarely. Thank you.
  20. Thank you! Happy Pride, indeed!
  21. Once again they cancelled the parade; there was no need to make the journey and meet friends at predetermined vantage points; instead, I donned my rainbow striped shirt and waved at cars passing down the road. ~~~ * ~~~ Is there within the human frame some enmity in-built to ambiguity which came with Adam decked in guilt? Why beg for black and white when all the garden seems aglow with every color o
  22. Parker Owens

    Two

    The headline doesn’t seem to square with the Leo-Liam you describe. What I did glean is that he’s scared of any sort of recognition. Perhaps he’ll try some sort of disguise: a beard or glasses or hair dye or something.
  23. Parker Owens

    One

    I’m hooked into Liam-Leo’s mystery. Great start.
  24. Parker Owens

    Party

    I’m very glad you saw a further snapshot in Andy and Zander’s lives, and that you got to meet Skinny’s characters too. I miss Skinny; he was taken from us much too soon.
  25. Parker Owens

    The Beholder

    I really liked this. It is though provoking and full of excellent allusions and images.
×
×
  • Create New...