Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Your response to this terrible event in the news spoke for me. I couldn’t even get words near the paper. It should haunt us all.
  2. Parker Owens

    Chapter 3

    Matt’s father needs to take lessons in compassion, first for his son, and next for the boy being harassed. Justifying another’s injury through his own bigotry is far more sinful than any of Matt’s imaginings. And I predict that one day, James will get stuffed into a dumpster for being such a pill.
  3. So that’s the deal; threaten Mike, and the source of the Kelly’s current income is in peril. Replace Seamus, and the embezzlement continues. Seamus really needs to give his jealousy muscles a rest. Jay said as much, and maybe Seamus will listen this time.
  4. Parker Owens

    Chapter 16

    I really enjoyed this story; it’s a real journey through so much, and this final snapshot only gives us a glimpse into something that looks like the future. I can now imagine Jonathan and Ethan for myself: happy together wherever they might go.
  5. A beautiful testament and story. Michael leads the way from his bed, proud and unapologetic. I hope that like others I know, his cocktail keeps him alive and writing.
  6. Parker Owens

    The Farm

    This story made my heart swell, and I smiled through so much of it. You reminded me of so many things in my own past, and of stories from my family. Best of all, in Jake and Con, you brought to life two characters I really like. Thanks for such a lovely tale.
  7. Parker Owens

    Chapter 2

    What a difficult situation Matt and Ricky find themselves in. Neither can speak, so the rift in their friendship will only grow wider. And Matt's father has been giving his son lessons in bigotry to last a lifetime, which makes it ten times worse.
  8. Parker Owens

    Embers 16

    Thorin is definitely a piece of work. His mate’s he will be punished in a way he won’t enjoy would have me trembling in my shoes. Brandon’s recreational time in Australia is a real treat.
  9. Parker Owens

    Coda

    You’re very, very generous in your words, and I’m grateful. Heinrich no longer controls much of anything anymore. Willy may not be able to duck responsibility anymore; prison may not reform him, but it will be a challenging new experience. Rick has come a long way, though I doubt he’ll ever warm up to city driving. Thanks again!
  10. Parker Owens

    Untitled (5)

    I liked this one very much. There’s so much said in these three lines.
  11. Parker Owens

    Music

    The question you pose is fantastic. You pack a lot of thought into these few lines.
  12. Parker Owens

    Rondo

    No, never mess with a man and his plunger! Zoltan’s tumble meant Gus and Rick could escape. Rick and Gus indeed deserve each other, for the delight they seem to give and receive in to one another. I’m glad you feel happy for Rick, and for Gus too, I hope. Many thanks for your comments!
  13. Parker Owens

    Agitato

    Rick’s long, white-knuckle drive to Chicago was worth it, just to hear Gus’ voice and that all important affirmation. Gus is being badgered and browbeaten into intense rehab and resuming his frenetic, soul-draining work schedule. Rick arrived at the right moment. Thanks for reading and for your comments!
  14. I’m glad you took a detour to read through this last set. You were most kind to do so. Thank you!
  15. Parker Owens

    April 31st

    Thank you, for indulging me by reading through the month’s offerings. You were really kind.
  16. Parker Owens

    Capriccio

    Cedarcrest is italicized mostly to emphasize that it’s the grandiose name of a very imposing structure built by people with far too much money. For Rick, it’s a place with bad memories attached. I read your thoughts about social situations and smiled. Rick is very good with one or two people at a time. Make the group much larger, and he becomes far more apprehensive. A big noisy bar full of strangers? He didn’t feel community there, he felt humiliated. Thanks again for reading, and for sharing your thoughts.
  17. Parker Owens

    La Calunna

    Bless her heart. She needs all the blessings she can get. The elder Kohler probably knew his son superficially, but not enough to understand his true nature, or how to try to blunt its viciousness. You’re right there. Both were fixed on other matters besides their sons. Thanks again for reading and commenting.
  18. Parker Owens

    Commendatore

    Your comment about the trauma to the mind is spot on. With the passage of time, Rick still feels the humiliation and pain from the mental abuse Willy heaped upon him. He’s still hurt, and he knows it. What Willy did to him physically in the basement was a lesser injury, though I doubt Willy ever understood kindness. Thanks again for reading, and for your thoughts.
  19. Perhaps you’ve already had your fill of Rita. She’s definitely pushy, and, um, redefines boundaries. Rick appears to bear all this resignedly, as he has a business to run, and she’s a customer who can’t be ignored easily. Thanks very much for your comments and for reading!
  20. Parker Owens

    Idee Fixe

    Thanks so much for your extended comments. Rick is an isolated gay man, as so many are in small towns. He may not be the only gay man in Eagle Lake, but there’s no community, that’s fir sure. Rick is quite taken with the piano teacher, and is rattled by that. You’re quite right that Rick has been beaten down for a long time, yet he has reserves of stubbornness and resilience. Jerry and Rick have had each other’s backs for years. Their banter is generally good-natured. I’m grateful you have read this far in the story!
  21. Parker Owens

    Epilogue

    It’s bittersweet to see Ritch graduate and go out into the world. I can fear for him; second lieutenants come and go with astonishing speed. Yes we have seen him grow and mature and display the persistence and purpose that characterize the children of Cesar and Brett. They will be proud of their son, and I for one, will be sorry to see the end of this chapter in his life. Thank you very much for this story.
  22. Parker Owens

    Pensato

    Thank you for your guess. You may get more answers as you read further. For now, Rita is just a pain in Rick’s neck. I hope you enjoy what follows...
  23. Parker Owens

    Embers 14

    At least Brandon has survived. How much will he tell Austin? Will he recover not just in his body, but also in his heart and mind? Like the rest of his crew family, he will need that month’s rest.
  24. Like @AC Benus, I offer you a hand of friendship and a deep hug. This poem is moving and vivid.
  25. Parker Owens

    Embers 11

    This chapter gave me a clearer view of Brandon and a deeper mystery. Why was he not taught about his gifts? Surely someone must have scented it? Did no one mention it because they feared him? Anyway, it’s good he’s not permanently at odds with the two elementals and their entourage.
×
×
  • Create New...