Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,506
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Happy Monday, it's snowing a bit more today, yipee. Well, it's winter so there ya go. I am still reading my story and actually started another which is off world and kinda fun to write. i have a poem for the anthology, but i'd like to write another one. I have yarn to sort out, curry to make.. oh the list is too long.. and i'm working on finishing the Orri Scarf i'm making and the first sock just needs binding off, then i will knit the second. I'm doing an afterthought heel so will wait for both to be knit before doing the heels. That's my exciting life for ya. Have a good day folksis.
  2. been there, done that.. it's always a joy
  3. i have broken the law, and did some jail time... sounds worse than it was..lol but you're talking about, nope. I couldn't do that.
  4. Wow, good luck. Sounds like a challenge!
  5. Yes, Steve, we could drink us some beer at 6am and watch the game here in Ontario at a bar. Just a hard no from me. I do our taxes online, and we usually get something back. So, that's nice.
  6. Too late. You've got Him thinking now. LOL
  7. I missed the alcohol thing (above) ...i was in bed at my now usual time of 10pm. I am currently obsessed with the Hitchhiker's Shawl/scarf. It's a cool thing with 42 'teeth'. i want to make one and then someone mentioned adding some sparkle.. so yeah that was it for me. LOL... i ordered a cone of lace weight yarn - silver with tiny sequins- in the meantime i will continue to knit my sweater and socks. Once those are done, i will find some nice yarn to knit one with holding both yarns to add the sparkle. Or i could buy sparkle yarn.. or...... Since i'm supposed to be a writer with a completed story, i guess i'd better look at that too. And it's snowing, but i may be lucky and not have to shovel this stuff. Plus Michael is home today!
  8. The weather is shyte here today. Cold rain, snow, ice crap falling and windy too. I had to go out but i didn't like it. Yesterday, i did some weights and went for a walk...still not sleeping for some reason. Maybe it's just how things are right now. I refuse to worry. It's Friday, so that's good for some of you. I hope you all have a good day, even is Friday is really Thursday or Monday. I'm gonna go work on my sweater now. i've nearly finished one sock.
  9. We had a few ice pellets yesterday and a power failure for a short time. Made me get up and get the Sheppard's pie finished, though. Michael would eat cold food, but balks at uncooked. However, the power stayed on, so all was well. My Trax work good in that kind snow/ice combo so i managed to clear all the snow. I've been ... oh interrupted by the news that an ex-prince was finally arrested for his nasty deeds ... so, where was i, i've been neglecting my strength training, since Danny passed away. I guess it was sort of replaced by a lot of snow shovelling, but i will get back to it. I've been sort of avoiding stuff since he died. Anyway... Happy Thursday and have a good day.
  10. Well, back in from the 1st shovelling of the day. It is coming down thick and heavy atm, big huge flakes. Looks like about an inch so far. Yay. No ice, though, which is good.
  11. ruh roh 😁🐺
  12. Happy Storm Day aka Wednesday. It's not so bad here presently, windy with some snow. West of us is supposed to get worse. Hopefully, it's not too awful for anyone. Have a good one folks.
  13. Key Capricorn Traits: Ambitious & Goal-Oriented: Driven by success and a desire for stability, they are natural planners who thrive on setting and achieving long-term goals. Mmm, no. Hardworking & Disciplined: They possess a "can-do" attitude and are not afraid to put in the time required to climb the ladder of success. Mmm, sorta. Pragmatic & Grounded: As an earth sign, they are logical, realistic, and focused on the material world. Mmm, yes. Responsible & Reliable: They are often the ones in charge, managing responsibilities effectively and, in some cases, running both a company and a household. Mmm, i can run a household... Patient & Persistent: Capricorns are known for their ability to endure, using their patience to overcome obstacles. Mmmm, yes Traditional & Honest: They value structure, reliability, and traditional ways of doing things. Mmm, very much so. Stubborn & Serious: They can be uncompromising or overly pessimistic, sometimes struggling to adapt when they are not in control. Mmm, OMG YES. Sensitive Underneath: Despite a tough or stoic exterior, they are caring individuals, though they may rarely show their emotions. Mmm, yes. Common Capricorn Preferences: Likes: Structure, high-quality items,, stability, and achieving goals. True Dislikes: Inefficiency, laziness, disorganization, and being rushed. True
  14. isn't it? It's so nice...i was dying in my heavier coat.. hat, scarf and gloves shoved in a bag. I was boiling. I looked at the map.. and it stills seems like something evil this way comes...weather wise. lol
  15. I am a capricorn/ water pig.. hahahaha
  16. Happy Tuesday and Happy Lunar New Year, it is the year of the Fire Horse... This morning was visits to the Shrink and HIV Docs. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get a few things as we are scheduled to have up to 10cm (4 inches) of freezing rain and snow tomorrow sometime. So, no plans to go out. Shovel and salt are piled up by the door, as are my Trax. The story is put away for a bit now, and i'll reread it soon and send it to the editor, then post it.
  17. once upon a time i would have lied, it was how i got through life, now i wouldn't.
  18. It's Family Day today in some Provinces, including Ontario. Lots of nice pics of straight families, i had to ask to see some chosen families rather than origin families to find pics of LGBTQ+. So, I got tired of trying to find an all inclusive picture to post here. I could have posted 5 or 6 pics, but this will have to do... So, enjoy your day if you celebrate it, whether with your origin family or one you've chosen.
  19. Happy Sunday... I nearly said Friday. My lovely beta reader sent back his thoughts about my story, very kindly told me a few things and had some suggestions. I've been up since 5am working on them. Just the last chapter to do. But not today. I will go back to bed for a nap after breakfast i think. Have a great days folksis.
  20. Happy Frieday (for some of you) it's nearly the weekend (for some or for those who care). It is also, World Radio day!! I like to listen to the radio sometimes when i'm in the kitchen doing things. Whatever the day is to you, I hope you enjoy it!!
  21. Therapy is hard, leaving it is messy, but it can take a while to get it right. @kbois you're his mom, but no where does it say you need to be perfect. Parents, partners go through a lot, i know because i watched mine suffer because of me and things i've done. But i am grateful for their steadfast support and love. Your son is too somewhere and he loves you. hugs and love... i'm around if you need. xoxo
  22. i like those, but i'd struggle to do it. i made that giant bed spread from granny square but myself it find them sort of dull to make and i made a rectangle never ending granctangle .. only the colour changes saved me, then i chose the border from hell.. it's lovely but i wanted to die finishing it. lol Same with socks.. i love to wear these knitted wool socks around the house, but they kill me to knit them. just a lot of sameness. The sweater will be too once i get past the neck and raglan sections...just a lot of knitting, but i'll find something to watch. LOL. Show us a pic of your afghan, i'd love to see it.
  23. Happy: Today, i need to walk to the store for a few supplies, then go over and take our part time dog out. Come back and chop onions to freeze. Ah, the glorious life of the retired. lol.. i'm joking, it's waaaay better than working. I knitted a gauge swatch for my sweater and i met gauge for the yarn and needles i want to use, so i can cast on.. i am still knitting socks and a shawl. I think i need to stop adding to my WIPs. LOL. i do finish them but for me it's the journey not the destination. Have a good one folks!!
  24. You're right. Ask Myr if he's willing to make one.
×
×
  • Create New...