Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,506
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Okay, Happy Tuesday. It's snowing here atm, but that is due to end very soon. It's warmer at 25f rather than -2 as it has been. It's supposed to get up to 34f today. Defo going out. Today, i've finished editing my short story and sent it to a beta reader. Time for fresh eyes. Time for me to do something else as well. Last year, I knit a sweater for myself, but ended up not liking how it fit. I frogged it the other day and found a raglan sleeved pattern. For that, i need to knit German Short Rows. Which i've done before, but i need some practice with parts of that. So, that, as well as working on a few other works in progress, is my plan for today. And a walk and making butter chicken and lentils again for dinner. Someone requested that. Have a good one, whatever you get up to!!!
  2. @Reader1810 Cabbage and Beef ... This came from a lovely woman from New Zealand that I watch on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/@FarmersWifeHomestead/posts There are not really any measurements for this. Tonight's was about 3 cups of thinly sliced green cabbage, a medium onion sliced, one medium carrot grated, buckwheat noodles like these: one bundle of these.. broken into threes (easier to eat), soy sauce, garlic powder, curry powder, pepper (we don't use additional salt) tonight i used 12 ounces of lean ground beef and some chopped up red pepper about half the pepper, olive oil once the beef is browned. To make, make the noodles.. Ours take 5 minutes but check the directions. (I know you would) Then drain and rinse them. Set aside. Brown the beef, add oil here, add garlic, pepper and soy sauce, add onions and peppers, then the carrot...let them sauté and soften for a couple of minutes, then add the cabbage, then add about 1/4 cup of water put a lid on and let it cook. If the cabbage isn't soft enough, add more water and continue to let it steam. You shouldn't really taste the curry or soy as stand-alone flavours, if that makes sense. Once the cabbage is softened, add the noodles and toss all together. Enjoy.
  3. Nothing about cooking is easy or peasy, imo. It's a job that needs doing, end of. That said, it is World Pizza Day. I still have half of one from last week in the freezer but i'm not making that tonight. Tonight is cabbage, carrots and onions with spicey beef and buckwheat noodles. i promised Him that, He loves it. Have a wonderful day, folks.
  4. haha.. i thought they were cute.. somewhere i saw socks for cats.. that would be interesting.
  5. I thought you might say that.. lol In the mystery box i got, they sent me a pattern for them and these...
  6. I have tons of white and gray. For the border i have that colour but not quite enough so we'll see what else i have. I don't mind if the cat and mouse are a different yarn weight.. the outside of the window is my problem.. i dont have that colour or a very dark gray, either. I'll have to see what i've got.
  7. lol.. it's so easy to happen...you always have leftover yarn but it's hard to use it ... i am gonna scrounge though and see what i can come up with for that blanket before dusting off Michael's credit card!
  8. i'm trying to figure out if i can make it without buying more yarn...Michael doesn't care if i buy more, but i have so much of it here...lol i will have to do some rooting through the stash and seeing what i have. lol
  9. i'm happy with 2, 4 or 5. It did take me a while to get the dpns under control, though.
  10. Thanks, Gary. I got two balls of that colour in a mystery sock yarn bundle, but i like the colours now that i've started it and the short colour changes. I'll take another pic in a few days.
  11. Socks i began today... we'll see how long it take me to make them. I'm not speedy.
  12. Oh that's great.. There's a huge sticker over the bottom.. but i peeled off enough to see the word, Ceramica, so i'd say it's Italian. Ours was a gift too and likely bought around here somewhere. I love it.
  13. I know it's Friday. You cannot trick me. I was up at 6am working on the knitting exercise books Michael gave me for Christmas. Then i was digging through yarn to find some of my sock yarn and started a new pair this morning. Other works in progress are a shawl, a mitre square blanket, and a mini granny square cardigan type thing. Finished up to chapter 5 on my new story. Just the last one to fix up. I've taken a couple of days off editing, but it will get done soon. I got tired of covering up our nice wooden table (seats 12 when fully open) so i made this for it little runner/big doily thingy. I haven't blocked it yet, maybe i will, to help it lay flatter. Have a super day, folks!!
  14. These people always make me wonder...why call and say that, just cancel Good grief. Have a good day with the ponies. 🏇
  15. It seems a few of us are deluded in their thinking.
  16. Oh yes, i knew exactly what i was writing. LOL.
  17. Post your fav recipes here. No food fights.
  18. Make sure you press them down really well. I use wet hands and then a glass or something. I bake them in a dark pan for 25 minutes, not the full 30.
  19. Okay.. Editing done for today... Baking done.. i made these the other day, changed somewhat for me and Michael.. no dark chocolate. Milk chocolate and white chocolate and pecans and Splenda brown sugar.. But they are super easy and super yummy. https://thewholecook.com/healthy-chocolate-chip-oat-bars/#wprm-recipe-container-34031 Dinner will be butter chicken, with some lentils and rice. I hope you all are having a super-duper day.
  20. I am distilling my story. Chopping out swathes is hard, but necessary. Have a nice (but cold) Sunday.
×
×
  • Create New...