Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Definitely keep it coming! I agree with AG - the Connor & Leon relationship is really good and Joel appears to be ideal to turn it into a triangle.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    You sure had a binge read yesterday NimirRaj I believe you've put forward a good explanation of Adam's father's thinking. Adam is definitely very confused right now. I cannot see he will ever know for certain what happened, so will have to come to his own conclusion as to why is father was trying to get, or indeed got, the gun. Perhaps there was some good in the man and deep down he still held some love for his son?
  3. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 16

    I reckon that Adam's father's church put up the bail bond for him. That type of church would very likely hold to a 'spare the rod and spoil the child' philosophy and thus see nothing wrong in how he dealt with Adam, especially as he was trying to save him from the Devil of Homosexuality. Kyle is very mixed up and confused. Mike has been his leader and he a faithful follower. He can't yet accept Mike has betrayed him and still clings to what Mike has said about everything being Adam's fault.
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 11

    I think Wyatt is in reserve in case of need But as for Diamond, I suspect he isn't totally stupid.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 10

    Yeah - that always the worry with lights at the ends of tunnels But Marvin does seem to know what he is doing, so hopefully justice will be done.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    Well spotted! Hopefully the photos can be retrieved.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    Troy, having only recently found the one he loves, is worried that he might lose Adam, even if there is no real foundation for that fear.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    It appears the plan was to get Troy separated from Adam as I think he is the main target. Being the more athletic of the pair could help him though.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    Thanks, Flesco. Believe it or not, this chapter was already written when I read your comment on Chapter 16. However, I couldn't say anything without giving away the story line here! Felt like I was being spied on Adam is conflicted about his father's death, which is only natural I reckon. Had he just dropped dead he'd feel differently I'm sure.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    The Preacher

    It's to hard to feel any sympathy for Jeff. But at least he hasn't thrown Simon out or handed him back to his father, so I guess he scores a couple of brownie points there.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    Appreciate the comments CG. This chapter was meant to give food for thought and seems to have succeeded in that aim. I'm sure Adam is going to wonder for a long time, even if Mike gives his version. But he has Troy and the Connellys to lean on and I think they'll be sufficient to see him through.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    I guess how you view what happened depends on how rotten you consider Adam's father to be. Was it to the core or just part way?
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    Ah - I see your thinking. Adam did indicate he felt a moment of sympathy for Kyle when he saw him there in handcuffs, but that quickly passed. If given a choice as to who was to die, Kyle or his father, he'd probably be hard pressed to decide, but blood ties are strong.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    There's always one good apple in the barrel droughtquake I'm confused though. Did you mean to say Troy rather than Kyle? I don't think Adam cares much what happens to Kyle.
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    He's going to have to wait until he hears from his mother. He evidently feels that he does owe something to his Pa even after that way in which his father has treated him in recent months. Thanks for commenting.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    Thanks mfa. Maybe he did. I don't think Adam is ever going to know or certain on way or the other, but it seems he feels there was something.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    Exactly! As I said above Mike is the only one who knows what happened with regard to the gun and from what has been seen of him, he is likely to try and spin that to his best advantage. But, would Adam believe Mike if he tries that?
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    I think what went on with the pistol is a mystery then perhaps only Mike can answer as neither Adam or Troy saw and Kyle was dealing with Adam anyway. As for going to the hospital I think we can take it that A&T were both checked over by an EMT and declared themselves alright afterwards. I think they both just wanted to get home.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    It would be nice if things settle down for them, Glennish. Carlos sure did them a big favour.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    That's what I was aiming for Wesley.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    Thanks Chris. Yep the guys are safe - for now
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Making Progress

    He might qualify for a Health Service voucher if he is receiving certain benefits, but given what we know f his circumstances I'd think that unlikely. One of the major High St chains of opticians here does offer 25% off cost of frames & glasses for over 65s, so he could get a pair for less than £100. --------- Good to see such a change in Eric's outlook. Given Andy's job I'd have expected him to be making suggestions to Eric on the design of the garden, but perhaps that is to come.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    Was this what death was like? Some form of total blackness? I'd not really thought about what happened when you were dead. I'd thought and talked about killing myself a few times in recent months, but not thought about afterwards. I'd listened to the sermons in church when I was younger about being good in order to go to heaven, and I'd believed them – once upon a time. Then I'd come to think of them as being just an adult fairy tale. I'd also had the fear of being buried while still alive a
  24. CG will have to speak for himself, but I think he is talking about the announcement that appears on the Stories page. If you click on the banner there you get taken somewhere and if you opt to click again there (without any indication that you should) you do then arrive at a place where all the Anthology stories are listed. So, yes it can be done, but he was expressing the view that perhaps there should be a direct link rather than an indirect one.
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Saving my Bacon

    I don't disagree with regard to his homophobic thinking being normal for the time, but not his indifference to the wellbeing of his children.
×
×
  • Create New...