Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    Was Bzup's blast of sound the equivalent of ET phoning home? I do agree with @gmc that the arrival of the bureaucrats will also bring problems.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    I foresee a clash coming between those on the ship and the soon to arrive bureaucrats as to how Bzup should be treated.
  3. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    There is this... https://youtu.be/h37KQu64RY4?si=jyzI32hJuwWK0ckb
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Geron's blob seems much more intelligent than this one... Mr Blobby - Wikipedia
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    Evidently Nico isn't the only one who recognises there is something special about Jem! Having a line of communication to whoever is behind the blob has to be a good thing. I suspect the disc was initially trying to free the blob without actually attacking Vespris and its crew. Are we going to have negotiations for a prisoner release?
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    https://youtu.be/HK5puGpaO2Q?si=jn49f-C7Tj1XXLzz
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    In other words they might actually agree to do something!
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Is that what is called a gut reaction?
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Possibly, but thus far it appears they can only make use of what already exists in its natural environment. And that may also be the only environment in which it can exist for any length of time.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Thus far it seems that the blobs, or rather whatever is controlling them, are unable to be aggressive themselves, but have to utilise a 3rd party for that purpose. It's thus possible they could also use the land animals in the same way. As yet though we have no idea as to the ultimate aim.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    That was exciting! Playing computer games evidently has benefits. 🙂
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 3

    Good to know the oceans on Benteen do contain a fish similar to the anchovy!
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 3

    An interesting justification by Til for orx hunting as opposed to whale hunting. Jem & Nico are very definitely on the way to becoming a pair.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    It seems that some of the animals on both sea and land may be starting to act together in order to try and counter the threats they face from their predators. I'm sure this voyage of the Vespris is not going to be plain sailing.
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    When I read that I had to stiffle a laugh 🙂
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Mr MacAfee should surely be in charge of security, while Miss Frees seems aptly named for a voyage to the frozen north.🙂 An extra terrestrial version of Moby Dick seems feasible in answer to @weinerdog's speculation, although I'm sure it is going to be a lot more complex a tale than that..
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 24

    A well written chapter with Ollie ranging from joy to despair in a few short hours before finally moving back up the happy scale.
  18. Pleasant ones I hope! Glad you enjoyed even though I know you prefer a different type of saddle.🙂
  19. Hi @ColumbusGuy No idea why I never responded to this comment at the time, so apologies for that. Only just came across it now because someone else read and left a comment. Glad you enjoyed. As for Barry, hopefully he will learn how to put the brakes on his actions and not end up in chains.🙂
  20. Thanks BB. Pleased you enjoyed.
  21. Excellent story of two young men overcoming the odds and now setting off for a, hopefully, happy life together.
  22. Matt and Luke’s stumbling upon the graves of three members of the Adams family was poignantly written @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I found my damn allergies activated yet again. The reverence with which Matt and Luke observed the scene and Luke’s promise to himself he would return to the site again one day was very moving. I very much endorse your statement @Summerabbacat Just wonder if Luke will be tempted to try and trace what became of the father.
  23. Looking forward to seeing Tim & Guy's 'special place' 🙂
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 20

    True, but can Ollie really ask for more?🙂
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 10

    Boy, trouble sure seems to follow Pete around!! Turns out he's not bad at soccer either. 😀
×
×
  • Create New...