All the ingredients for the main course, but nothing for the dessert?
I suspect Pete & Mitch can whip something up in the kitchen while the grumps are finishing the wine.😀
It would seem that the Pellegrino is being uncapped and is about to sparkle, thanks in no small part to Marco's hand on the container.
A happy conclusion with (hopefully) the promise of more to come. Not only for them, but also for us, the readers.
I echo @weinerdog - words can't do this incredible chapter justice.
I do think though that for Elisabetta such an end was inevitable. She will definitely have left her mark on Ravello.
Very tough on Giorgio, but I believe her mind was made up to go out in a blaze of glory and nothing he might have said would have changed that.
Will Cosmo go to the dark side or the light? I can't decide which it will be. He evidently has a conscience, but it is having trouble coming to the surface which is hardly surprising in some ways. And it has the black temptress to contend with now.
Betta the beater eh? Makes sense @weinerdog
And is Marco finally going to pluck up enough confidence to take the plunge that Giorgio wasn't willing to on the beach?
I struggle to understand why Giorgio would accept Cosmo's invitation in the first place after the attention he had received from Marco and the others a few days earlier. Had Cosmo made such an invitation prior to that, the acceptance and perhaps a more successful conclusion might have ensued. At least Giorgio had the good sense to call Marco.
I felt that because the story was about 'the camp' this was the right place at which to end it. And, as you say, it lets readers use their imagination.
Giorgio is evidently not one of the sparkling Pellegrinos 🙂
However, perhaps Marco, with the help of his wisely recruited assistants Giaco & Dani, will be able to instill some fizz into his so far flat life.
I see there is a reader split about Cosmo. I side with those who feel he spurned the offered hand once too often. As was pointed out Pietro has a business to run which can't have been easy what with Covid and recent family problems of his own.