Great chapter!!
That was some battle! I have to wonder what will transpire when Jamie comes up against Porvus?
It is a pity, and a worry that Urvan escaped. He and presumably the other top mages have this device, but apparently it only leads to one place - in effect a sort of dead end.
For now it looks as if the group may be about to increase by two.
Ma does persist in being a total pitb. Sadly she now seems to have a new accompanist.
Mrs C is a real tiger when it comes to protecting 'her boys'. And you're right, Adam does need to take that step.
They have taken Carlos under his wind.
As for Adam, I think he hasn't got used to having someone he can confide him after all the years of being a loner. That is still the case even though he does love Troy and shares so much with him.
Unfortunately that is so and does substantiate what Kyle told them. Adam is feeling sympathy towards Kyle on the basis that he was just a follower, not an instigator of what happened. However, he also can't forget that it was done to his boyfriend, so his thoughts are very confused.
Adam is trying to prove to his ma that nothing she does can bring him down to her level. What she'd make of his and Troy's birthday celebrations is another matter!
So, picturing Seeri Deeping as Maid Marian, I can also picture Snave as Friar Tuck and Sir Dorf as Little John. Geert is perhaps Alan a Dale? Robin himself can't be there as he is busy in the CB universe. 🙂
@drpaladin says Seeri's familiarity with the land ahead will greatly help them, but she didn't appear to know where she'd come from or how she got to the Crescent. It appeared to be more luck than judgement.
You're very probably right about Adam's mother. @raven1
It does seem odd that Kyle would want to talk to them. Perhaps he thinks it will do him some good when it comes to his trial.
Adam's mother, hopefully, is one of a kind. But sadly I know that isn't the case.
How many of the form completers will actually turn up to the first meeting though?
Yes, the boys survived. Adam is feeling guilt about his father's death, especially as he thinks he tried to save him. Really though he should think more of what his father was going to do to him & Troy had the police not arrived.
Can't go more than a few chapters without a cliffhanger!
I suspect Carlos is bright enough to realize Adam wouldn't normally just ignore him and his mom.
I'd suspect your guess is very near the mark @raven1.
It does seem highly unlikely that Adam's father would be released or that he might be returned to their 'care', but it is understandable he would be worried at the possibility - however remote.
I did wonder if they might have arrived at Mornington Crescent, but refrained from the suggestion as I suspected most readers 'wouldn't have a clue' what I was talking about.