Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    I'd agree with you about the date @raven1 and there certainly is meant to be a feeling of depression about Josh. Thanks.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    SW2

    Yes, I had a story to tell, but it was one of abandonment and betrayal. He'd been my best, virtually my only, friend, for years but then I dumped him. Left him to the wolves. He knew that of course, but here he was again having come over because he was worried about me. I truly didn't deserve him. We were a pair of geeks, or nerds, interested in books and learning. We had no real interest in sports or games, unless you count something like table tennis! He had a table at his house and I lov
  3. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    Yep, his ma found that in a lucky dip!
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    It does look that way.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    I appreciate the detailed comments on the chapter @Anton_Cloche Ethan does have a large part to play in the story. As for the briefs, all I can say is that I remember wearing similar in the 60s, but I can see in the domestic situation I have described it is somewhat unlikely.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Some are luckier than others with both parents and grandparents. Josh appears to have been unlucky with his grandfather, but at least he took him in and gave him a home. Appreciate the comment.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Thanks for reading @Headstall and the comment. It won't be too long before you find out about your suspicions.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Dat's true! 😄
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Some, but hopefully not too many
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Dare I say 'All will be revealed'? 🙂
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Josh doesn't quite realise how good a friend Ethan is. They do indeed need to be careful, Grandpa would not take kindly to them being intimate.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    For Josh to tell Ethan it will seem like a long story, but I suspect to read it won't take that long. It is set in the past. Let's say pre Internet, pre cell phones. Grandpa can't/won't have a landline or cable. There is TV, but it's not relevant to the story. To me the picture dictated that sort of era.
  13. Stormy Weather If anyone could see me now they'd think I was mad. They'd be right of course, but probably for the wrong reason. You see I don't think I'm crazy mad – well, maybe a bit, but I am angry mad. You can't actually see that I'm angry mad as that is hidden inside me. Not too deeply hidden I'll admit as it has burst to the surface on a few occasions over the last couple of days. Right now however, it is fairly well below the surface. Let's face it though, you'd have to be
  14. Fifteen year old Josh has been living, unhappily, with his grandfather for the three years since his mother died. Major events occur in his life as he approaches his sixteenth birthday.
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    The question is - willy or won't he??
  16. Jubalations! Gary's back with another western tale.👍
  17. Jamie Grimstone is Master Thorvil's apprentice mage. While the master is away Jamie decides to impersonate him when a summons is received to attend the Palace and then asked to solve a problem for Prince Sedwick who has found himself with a size predicament due to a spell cast on him by an evil mage. Jamie, accompanied by his boyfriend, Garvin Kinsmith, undertakes the task of getting the spell reversed. Along the way he is joined by various helpers and all are faced with many dangers. It also becomes clear as their journey progresses, that more is at stake then just a few inches of Maypole! Prepare to be amazed by the skill of the author when you join Jamie on his journey as he confronts magical and terrifying creatures.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Thanks @Al Norris. Pleased you enjoyed and glad the errors didn't mar that. There were definitely a few dumb ones! It was meant to be a fun story and was inspired by a pic of a boy sitting on a school desk with a lolly, as described. Unfortunately. I've lost my copy of it and have never come across another one since.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Glad you enjoyed it - and I'm grateful to @raven1 for his trail of breadcrumbs. If I recall correctly this prompt required the inclusion of a number of specific words. I rather enjoyed those as a challenge to the brain cells, but that sort of Prompt seems to have ceased.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    I'm glad you liked it, but I'm afraid it isn't going any further. Partly because it was written some years ago, but also because it was written about a picture and I considered it had reached a conclusion once that had been explained.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 36

    You should have gone to Specsavers! https://youtu.be/I3MUX3V0aUE
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 36

    I stayed up last night in order to read the final chapter when it appeared - well worth it by the way! But having done so, didn't feel able to make a worthwhile comment. This morning I find that others, especially @ReaderPaul, have used all the adjectives I might have used myself. So, I can only echo those who have congratulated Geron on marvellous, magical, momentous, marathon story. To those who are asking for 'more', I'd just say I suspect you'll have to be prepared for a long wait as I know this one had a six year gestation period! Finally, if you haven't already done so - don't forget to 'like' the story as well as this chapter.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 35

    I do hope Thorvil isn't going to turn up in the final chapter and claim all the credit. "Well done, Jamie lad. I had great confidence in you and always knew you could do it. Now your little jaunt is over it's time for you and Garvin to get back to the shop and ensure it is all clean and tidy for when we open again."
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 35

    I think we need some Wagner to accompany the final chapter. The Ring Cycle is the obvious choice, but instead I'm going to opt for The Flying Dutchman!!
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Sometimes everything fits together like a hand in a glove, as it seemed to with this little tale. I suspect these type of short stories work for me because I don't have to go into too much detail.
×
×
  • Create New...