Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 12

    I've much enjoyed the tale and the chance of another visit to Ravello. I have though been puzzled at the references to the boys wearing 'sports jackets'. I can only think of those in terms of the garments parents wore a good few years ago, not something a pre-teen would wear in southern Italy. 😀
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 12

    Odd - although I'm 'following' didn't get the usual notification this had been posted.
  3. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 11

    Hmm... this does not appear to be one of Dani's better ideas.
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 10

    A clever little distraction having Dani put on Giaco's hoodie. Had me convinced Giaco wouldn't arrive on time and when Dani appeared Antonio would think Dani was him based on what he was wearing. As a result Dani would be the one to get beaten up. Have to agree with @drpaladin that the pacing and build up was extremely well done. Just glad you dicn't leave us with a cliffhanger...
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    There appear to be assumptions being made that Marco is working for Ettore. But Giacomo was working for him up to the previous eveing, so it is hard to see when he could have been recruited and done a job, let alone be paid and have the opportunity to buy new clothes.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    Fear not! I thought it captured the essence of Dani, his parents and his friends all coming together to make it a memorabe day for the new teenager. MInd you, it did fall to Toto to point out the obvious, although I'm sure he and Michele are happy that Dani has at last found friends of his own age. Just hope that doesn't fall apart if Giacomo gets into the mire.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Veni, vidi, vici! Dani is a brave boy to overcome his fears like that. But I hope it doesn't lead to him thinking he is invincible
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    Oh Dani, you're soon going to have to decide where your loyalties lie.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    MU?

    Makes sense for George to be concerned about meeting them. If he does meet them he may well be persuaded to write a spanky chapter next!😀👟
  10. Ivor Slipper

    MU?

    I agree that George has more to be concerned about meeting the boys. As they've chosen a very public place and there are two of them, they really have nothing to worry about.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    MU?

    I'll have to start paying him soon for these ideas. As for the pool, actually it is a slipper bath! slipper bath - Bing images
  12. Ivor Slipper

    MU?

    The lights are definitely flashing amber for all concerned.
  13. Ivor Slipper

    MU?

    If he's stopped emailing then it does seem unlikely he will turn up for the proposed meeting...but stranger things have happened.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    MU?

    Meeting Up? Jake also liked being able to lie next to Ben and cuddle with him. He'd been in a very happy place after their recent activities and thus it took a little while for what Ben had said about needing to contact George to register. Eventually though it did and he stirred himself enough to respond. “I guess we do need to send him a message. After all, it does almost seem as if he's writing these stories for us.” “Surely he can't be? Can he, Jake?” Jake l
  15. Another episode about Jake & Ben and their odd relationship with the author George Washington
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Pleased for Dani that his first 'date' went well. Even superheroes need friends.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    Fair point, James.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    Holding his gaze, Daniele shook his head. “How would I do that?” he replied honestly. “I’m only twelve.” That line reminded me of the current TV ad where children are asked what needs to be done about global warming, where one replies 'Don't ask me I'm only six!' Surprised though that Dani hasn't tried to contact Toto to tell him of the conversation he overheard in his father's shop.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 10

    That would get very confusing, so I think the idea should be skwashed.
  20. Very nice, but as Gary is telling us there are more chapters to come. why do I think there is trouble on the way?
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Happy reading ahead I can assure you!
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 10

    I might toss in the occasional 'punny' along the way. but let there be no doubt that I consider these stories to be superb. Thought provoking and full of invention - or maybe not invention but just an introduction to an alternate reality that is lurking somewhere beyond our ken? Wonderfully written as always, Geron.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 3

    The involvement of the police chief explains a lot, although I have to wonder for how long inaction will be accepted by the populace.
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    Wow! I thought everything was going too smoothly and was wondering when the real danger would arrive - and now it has. Good thing they brought the 3 Elfsketeers with them. 🙂 Afghanistan 🍌 Stand indeed! Which of my books of corny one liners did you peel that one from??😀
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    Oh boy! So Pyewacket is a nasty piece of work after all and Max cannot be called upon for assistance. Good thing the boys have got the elve with them.
×
×
  • Create New...