Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ah, so we're saying the same thing, but from opposite directions. 🙂
  2. I'm desperately trying to suspend disbelief!
  3. Very impressive and enjoyable. I just wonder if you would have more readers if you had split the story into chapters and posted them on successive days? I suspect a lot of people may be deterred by the length of the story when presented whole.
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Facts of Life

    Good to get back to Eric and learn of his childhood and upbringing - the things that more or less shaped the course of his future life. I'm sure that for many young people at the time, especially those living outside the big cities, the 'Swinging Sixties' was something only read about in newspapers or seen on TV or cinema screen, rather than actually experienced.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 17

    Glad to see you're still hanging with the story @James Carnarvon. So, yes, we go from pleasant to horrible with a few stops along the way.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 10

    The twins are about to enter a very weird word it appears. Both suggested names have something going for them, but if their shows are going to be mainly abut cooking, then it should be the latter as it will quickly become obvious that they are twin boyfriends. Another thought would be Double Cream😁
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    One big question is what is in this for Leo?
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 9

    I briefly thought they were going to turn into a pair of couch potatoes. But then they got back on track...
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    I look on this chapter as being like a lime sorbet palate cleanser, so we can better appreciate the meatier course to come. I suspect the passion fruit ice cream is being saved for desert...
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Robin's thefts have thus far been from different premises in different cities. We are unaware of whether or not the same company has been targeted more than once. However, you can be sure that no insurance company will keep paying out on claims to the same insured for the same occurrence. They will just stop cover. Think of what happened in the UK with regard to flood damage from overflowing rivers.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Dunno about a cake - I'm waiting for chocolate eclairs! 😁
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Yeah, that was definitely skating on thin ice - that olive is a real slippery gal.😀
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Intriguingly one of the offerings on BBC TV in the UK for Christmas Day was 'Robin Hood' - the Errol Flynn version... Did Geron know something?
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    Struggling to find any words that can express how much I've enjoyed this marvellous story. Truly excellent, Geron
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    A great chapter! Mind you I was secretly looking forward to a dust up in the street - Kontus deserves a bit of fun... 🙂
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    That's an excellent theory @weinerdog I believe you could be onto something. Perhaps he will agree to send them back if they agree to find a way to make changes there. Mind you, there is always Nicholas.....
  17. A touching finale.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    All's well that ends well - at least for one of the puppies. And I'm sure Jerry will soon be washing and grooming him.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    A very special Christmas delivery! Thanks @drsawzall
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Wow!! So Robin's not so nice after all, although I can sort of understand him wanting to know more about who is confronting him. Anyway, we don't have to worry if he comes from Canada - after all the Mounties always get their man! 😁
  21. Ivor Slipper

    PT 7

    I feared the Ambrosia line probably wouldn't work in the US - bit like courgettes in another story.🙂 CG might be surprised at what he finds!
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    The sheriff of whatever city it is the boys live in sure got a shock tonight! As indeed did Charlie & Co - and Robin. There sure is a mystery afoot as to his identity.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    Hmm... I doubt you'd find an eggplant or a hundred dollar bill in Leeds.🙂
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 3

    Good thing that fire alarm didn't activate a sprinkler system! Mind you, that would have helped the seed to grow. It seems, for the moment, as if the alien presence is friendly - but.....
×
×
  • Create New...