Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    I suspect the term 'Windtalkers' only came into usage after the film of that name appeared, so as this story predates that, it is an error on my part to use it here. I can go with the baked potato, but is asparagus that common?
  2. Ivor Slipper

    AOC2

    Indeed he has. As for the teacher, we can but hope.
  3. Ivor Slipper

    AOC2

    Thank you! Glad you are enjoying it.
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 8

    From what has been revealed in the flashback, Michele does indeed face problems at home should he decide he does indeed want to be with Toto. Salvatore appears to have accepted the inevitable about his son, but for Davide & Chiara... I suppose this is one of the unexpected problems that can arise for parents who have only one son.
  5. It was thus after school on Thursday when we next cycled home together. Although I'd seen Wayne for lunch he hadn't said very much other than that his granpaw had said something interesting and he was going to spend his free period that afternoon in the library to see if he could find out anything more. I'm sure the librarian had a considerable shock on seeing Wayne and actually being asked questions by him as I was sure if he ever went there it would only be to sit and read. After we'd got
  6. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    Appreciate the comment @JeffreyL Hope the find the rest as interesting.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    Glad to know you like it so far, Gary. You are dead right in what you say about injustices. Perhaps their project may open a few eyes.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    Old age?
  9. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    Appreciate your comments @weinerdog As for the John Wayne/Marion Morrision reference, it is simply a name association comment that I thought two teachers of a certain age might make.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    Interestinhg, considering in your own comment on chapter 2 you made a couple of spelling mistakes yourself. Isn't there an old saying about stones and greenhouses?
  11. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    Thanks for the comment @drsawzall. Glad you enjoyed the first chapter.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    Sorry CG, but it isn't going to be that long. I try and avoid too much mention of US foods, just in case I put my foot in it, but in view of your comment, it's hard to resist the thought of Marion Morrison and True Grits 😄
  13. Ivor Slipper

    AOC 1

    Thanks for the comment, Chris. Hope you won't be disappointed.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    I suppose one thing in their favour is that they will not be trailblazers thanks to Angelo & Gianni. Hopefully, they will not face too much antagonism. The main 'problem' may well be how Michele's parents react.
  15. My story inspired by Prompt 883: An Overheard Conversation Chapter 1 by Ivor Slipper - Gay Authors
  16. An Overheard Conversation "You'd think he'd learn his lesson, but he never does." “I'm sure you'll get through to him before much longer.” Mr Jackson chuckled as he answered, “Yeah, I'm not sure how much more his butt can take.” “Wayne sure is a tough nut,” Mr Reynolds responded, “but I guess he has to be coming from where he does. Takes after John, perhaps?” Mr Jackson laughed, “You know his real name was Marion – Marion Morrison?” Now it was Mr Reynolds
  17. Fourteen year old Ethan Berenson and his family have recently moved from California to Texas. One day he happens to overhear a conversation between two of his teachers which sets off a chain of events...
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    I could offer a guess, but that would be unfair to the author if it proved to be correct.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 6

    So Toto has now discovered that Isabella is not Michele's girlfriend, but rather his confidant. But he still has to discover what Michele truly feels about him.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Is that a bit like living in Hove rather than Brighton? 🙂
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Strange that nobody seems to know who 'Bella' is, but I suspect Claudia will soon find out.
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    That was definitely a main feature worth the price of admission - and with no soundtrack problems 🙂
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    I fear Toto's confusion is not going to reach a swift ending...🙂
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    Poor Toto 😕. Michele has just managed to confuse him even more.
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 3

    The 'back stories' are definitely adding to our knowledge of the (so far) lesser characters, although I believe they will play a larger part before we are finished. As for Michele, he may be bi, or simply struggling to know where his preferences lie. Especially as both he and his parents appear to be very much true Catholics.
×
×
  • Create New...