Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. A short story inspired by Prompt 709. A detective is woken from his bed in the middle of the night.
  2. Hope it's going to be meaty rather than fishy.
  3. A promising start with the hors d'oeuvre! I'm sure you've got more treats for us on the main menu
  4. Great to be able to catch up with these guys again. Especially nice to see Kevin getting a chance to enjoy a normal life.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Thanks @flesco for some amazing comments Am delighted you enjoyed the story so much.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Thanks, Randolphe! Only another 20 chapters to go in that case
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Thanks for reading and letting me know you enjoyed it.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 16

    How about some squash to go with the squish @droughtquake?
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Thanks Geron, especially for your behind the scenes help on some of the earlier parts of the story. I'm convinced we've left them in a good situation and their future is bright.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Thanks CG. Adam's birthday always seemed to me to be the point at which this story should end. Mind you, it did even catch him by surprise the way Troy and his mom had planned things. Hopefully, this will not be the last time we see them.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Thanks @glennish. I know you've been with A&T all the way and your encouragement has been much appreciated.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    I don't watch that series, but some of her cookery progs and recipes are good imo. In that series the dough is definitely rising - to the presenters 😂
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Many thanks for the comment @jtpawlik. It seemed the right place to end this story.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    At the risk of being accused of secretly reading Gran's correspondence, I can reveal that the 'lady in England's' name is Mary Berry
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    I have no retail experience, so cannot respond with any knowledge, neither am I looking to start an argument. But it was never said that Adam's ma had a 'cartload of groceries'. She could just have had a few in a basket which would make any loss to the store minimal. I can also see the manager doing this as potentially causing less disruption than calling security and trying to bundle an enraged and unbalanced woman out of the store. Alternatively, maybe he isn't a good manager which is why he didn't do as you suggest.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Sorry to leave so many unanswered questions, Richard. As for Adam's ma, I guess she'd go looking for another faggot to throw on the fire
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Many thanks for that @jaysalmn Am glad you enjoyed the tale - and indeed Adam did find loving parents as well as a lover.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Thank you @JCtoGO2 Glad you enjoyed and appreciate you saying so. Hopefully, something else will be along before too long
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    I know you've been with it all the way @mfa607 and generous with your comments - much appreciated, thank you. It seemed the right point at which to leave them, but a guest appearance elsewhere is a possibility.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Glad you thought so, Wesley.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Thanks Howzat. What's that old saying - quit while you're ahead? I don't see a sequel, but more of Chris and Paul is a good possibility, in which case their friends could well appear.
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Appreciate the comments, Chris. Yes, Troy's family provides all the support the pair need. As for Chris and Paul, all may yet be revealed.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    Thanks, Canuk - glad you enjoyed. Agreed it was fortunate Troy's family was so supportive.
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 34

    I thought I must be awake, but something wasn't right. It felt like it was still the middle of the night because my bedside light was on and I was feeling cold. It had been late when we'd gone to bed after the Midnight Service, so I was probably going to be a little short on sleep, but I'd hoped to get a few hours in before getting up to see what Christmas Day would bring. It dawned on me that I wasn't lying on my side with Troy spooned into me as he virtually always was. That might explain
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Return

    Dunno about Mars & Neptune, but it seems Venus has been involved too.
×
×
  • Create New...