Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. @Mancunian @chris191070 @ObicanDecko My thanks to the three of you for the comment. Am glad the story brought smiles to your faces.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Phonography

    So that's what they call it these days....
  3. Little Barry was almost ten years old. In fact his tenth birthday was due in a couple of weeks. To Barry this would be a very important birthday. After that no longer would his age be a single number, then it would be in double figures. Barry lived with his Mum, Laura, in a small, council, 2 bed-roomed house in a town in East Anglia in England. He knew nothing of his Dad who, apart from assisting in creating him, had then vanished from both his and his mum’s life, leaving her to bring him up
  4. Young Barry wants a bicycle for his birthday, but...........
  5. A sweet story of brotherly love. Enjoyed it CG.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 15

    I think Woody is being a bit dense not telling his family that Kate is his girlfriend. She'd back him up and it would help allay any suspicions his Pa and brother might have.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 15

    What about Ross, and not to forget Kate
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    I left you that one as I didn't want you beefing too much Ho, ho, ho! And Happy Christmas!!
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    I'm tempted to say that was udderly ridiculous - at least that's what I would have thought if the idea for such a story had entered my head. But, you pulled it off and delivered the cream for my Christmas Eve.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    Like @droughtquake I'm sad the show is over already. I'll look forward to the next, but I am a little worried about whether there will be another as I fear Geron is going to be kicked out of the Magicians Union for revealing all those secrets. So look out for klompen Geron!
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    You can have too much of a good thing you know! Well, that's what my mom used to tell me...
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 3

    So tomorrow there is going to be magic and MAGIC! Great stuff.
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    Only that You'll Never Walk Alone
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    Ah yes - Geron and the Pacemakers https://youtu.be/08083BNaYcA
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    I won't read our spoiler DQ as you're often pretty good at seeing where stories are heading and I don't want to risk spoiling Geron's surprise. I prefer take my time unwrapping this Christmas present.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    An intriguing start to what I suspect will be a magical tour-de-force.
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 13

    Looks like the wood(y) just got burned......
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Thank you. Pleased to know that you enjoyed it. The 'In Progress' was an oversight which I should go back and correct - unless I leave it open until next Christmas 😊
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    I suspect lametta was very thin aluminum foil, but not certain. For me that word only applies to those strips. We did have other types of multi colored shiny lengths in varying widths which could be twisted to reflect better, which again I'd think were made from aluminum. Am unsure if we called these tinsel or just referred to them as tree decorations.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Gary - appreciate the comment.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Hehehe 😊
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Probably/possibly 'lametta' is a trade name for what s generally called tinsel. But, yes I recall collecting up those which weren't too deformed to use the following year. I suspect most people had ornaments that had been handed down or were hand made. I seem to remember some that were knitted.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Depends which bit of the 50s you talk about. I think the last rationing was removed in 1954. The colonies didn't start going until the 60s - India excepted. Most rationing was on food and similar things like sweets. Consumer goods were freely available - if people had the money to buy. Generally though the standard of living was way behind that of the US and it was a very grey country.
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Thanks @Daddydavek I'm glad 'Father Christmas' liked it
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    I have no idea what you are alluding to! 😊 Mum was simply worried he might catch cold. The bedroom would almost certainly have been unheated.
×
×
  • Create New...