Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

wenmale64

Members
  • Posts

    1,334
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by wenmale64

  1. wenmale64

    Chapter 1

    How sweet, how sad, how true..... God Speed to all Rob
  2. wenmale64

    Chapter 10

    I am glad that it did not blow up to bad. Marc definately needs to ease off a little, but Toni needs to see that he is surounded by caring friends. Marc also needs to trust his friends not to tromp on his emotions. I find it hard to understand Tonis hesitation to show a little more closeness to Marc. With the circle of people that obviously don't care about him liking Marc it seems that a little more attention would be OK. We will see where this goes. Matt could be the best thing for both Marc and Toni by providing an outside view of both over reservation AND over exuberance......
  3. YEA!!! Now you are fixing them. Well as others have said there are some dark clouds on the horizon. I think Bretts mom knows what is going on even if she is not able to pin it down. Very few people could have her credintials and not know something. It really suprises me that she does not know/suspect the drug use....Hmm. Billy is simply innept when it comes to the things that teens do. Dustins sister very plainly spelled it out about Brett being a customer of her drug dealing boyfriend... enough said. The issue of not telling Brett the whole truth about the incounter with Dustin will definately cone back to haunt him. Hopefully Billy will find a way to ease into the full story and be HONEST with Brett and take his lumps. Billy has issues to work through both at home, with Dustin and at school, not to mention himself. Admiting you are gay and being comftorable and open are VERY different things. He is very correct when he says that other people will not be all smiles and pats on the back about his 'new' relationship. Brett is also living in a fantacy world and hopefully will figure it out before someone hurts him or Billy very badly. As for Dustin, he is a story of his own. Between family, friends, neighbor and all other things he is a disaster waiting for a place to happen. I hope Brett and Billy can muster to his side and help him be true to himself without any self harm. The neighbor is really becoming scary as is Amandas boyfriend, Max. I've known people like Max and they live by diferent rules and hurting others simply does not bother them. They view it as the cost of doing business (drugs). As always Jeff, Thank You for an excelent story and a great chapter. Please keep up the GREAT work. Rob And Thank You for starting to mend the boys, Your great !!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. wenmale64

    Chapter 7

    Ryder is scared to death. It is obvious that Jeremy is/was his safety net and he is now MIA and this leaves Ryder floundering in self pity. Shawn seems to be there for him but has issues of his own. In the upcoming chapters we hopefully will see Ryder, his father and maby some new friends work forward toward a more stable life. Now we all know that teens are very reactionary and dramatic so what the future brings may very well be a tremendous theatratrical production. Stay tuned for Act II.... As always your writing and characters are great and the story unfolds in layers like a fine pastery. Please keep up the good work my friend, and as always... Please don't hurt the boys. Rob
  5. wenmale64

    Chapter 20

    I generally do not write reviews but I ran out of 'Likes' so review it is . I have really liked the story to this point and am hooked. I find the hurdles that Zac is going through to be heart wrenching. I am glad that he has gotten closure with Rachel. That should help him feel better about himself. Adrian is a lost cause until he can find the strength to face his demons (father, family, religion) and move forward. Zac needs to help Zac. Now Austin is an interesting area of exploration. Zac is definately flirting with him, but he is also showing him that someone can be both gay and accepted. I hope this relationship moves forward without pain for either of the boys. Now for Kenny, is there any hope of at least an understanding. We will see. It is wonderful that Zac has a family that stands with him and cares so deeply for him. It would be a wonderful world if this was true for all................ Rob
  6. Rest in Peace...God Speed
  7. wenmale64

    Chapter 9

    Good story. I hope Toni begins to feel more at ease. Marc/Brad does need to back off a little and let things develope without scaring Toni away. Anyway, great story. Looking forward to more . I do agree with the others, the Brad/Marc confusion is really detracting to the story. I actually copied the chapert and did a find and replace Brad==>Marc. It made it MUCH easier to follow... Rob
  8. wenmale64

    I'm Just a Kid

    Another chapter of enlightenment for Billy. Billys temper and attitude have grown to teen proportions as has his disrespect for others. It seems that his confusion is getting the better of him. Hopefully, Billy listened and learned a little from his father, or at least gained a thinking point. It seems that he is very confused and torn between the people that mean much to him and his own vision of himself and the effects of the world around him. By isolating himself and being rude and disrespectful of others he will surely find his life very lonely and cold. With any luck he will start a warming fire and grow up to understand the need to keep friends close and be respectful to others even if he continues to hide his true self from the world. It will also be interesting to see what effect his fathers statements about his grandfather and the neglect of his diabetes causing the loss of feeling in his hands and feet will have on Billys future outlook and actions. Thanks Jeff for a very thought provoking chapter. With your tease of the next chapter I see a declaration of W.A.R. in the future . Keep up the good writing. Rob
  9. Why is this in 'The Pit' and not a more general area? I see nothing political here and it is very much a part of many of our lives. Just asking.
  10. wenmale64

    American Land

    Outstanding chapter and ending to another segment of CJ's life. I will now crawl into a corner and grumble while waiting for Walls . Carlos, you convey so much realism into your characters that it feels like we are living with them. The simple jokes, cues and actions that happen all the time in real life between friends are normally missed or assumed in writing. You write them into the story which makes it real. Example: CJ elbowing Chipper in the kitchen after the mention in the speech. This stuff hapens but we normally don't see it. Great work and style. Now, I on the other hand, would love to be present for the family meeting to come about the brownies. I think it will be handled with honesty and concern from fathers that simply want the best for their son. We know from past mentions that Cesar has a history with pot and it will be interesting to hear how this affects his 'talk' with CJ. I think it will be honest. Waiting for the Walls to be built .
  11. wenmale64

    Chapter 6

    Ryder is living in a very frightening and lonely world right now. He is despirately wanting friends and confidents. Could Garret or Callen fill those shoes? Coach and Mrs. K obviously love Ryder very much, but coaches reference to his 'little football star' makes me wonder if the love is really unconditional. Ryders past in Russia has left him very broken and unstable. Is there someone out there who can help him understand and gain the confidence to grow into a wonderful and careing young man? Great story and more information and insight into the characters. Keep up the good work KD.
  12. Interesting chapter. My sympathy for Dustin has sliped down a few notches (sorry Okiegrad). Billy really needs to figure out who and what he is. One thing in Billys favor is his insight about being cautious around new people. Hopefully he will be able to get Dustin to understand this. Dustin is really digging for anyone who will show any interest in him. This could easily leave him open to abuse from anyone..... Billy really should have said something to Mrs. Smith about the cereal thing and Amandas actions. Someone,Billy?,really needs to say something to someone about the hapenings within Dustins home. I know, no flames please, looking in from the outside it is easy to say call CPS etc... but this is really over the top child abuse. Rant Off . Hopefully, things will begin to look up in the near future, but alas, I see more VERY dark clouds in the sky over these friends and enemys. Unfortunately, if it were me, I would try to look out and help Dustin while putting my efforts into Brett and more so, myself. Billy did admit to himself that he has a problem brewing. With that admission, maby he can work towards helping himself AND his friends.... We will see as time moves forward. Great work and a great, if upsetting, story. Keep at it Jeff. We want MORE and answers for all . Rob And as before... You have really broken them. Please start the repairs. At least a little bailing wire to keep the pieces from getting lost .
  13. wenmale64

    Chapter 5

    Things may be looking up. Ryder and Garret actually spoke to each other in a more or less friendly manner. Garret was honest with him and let him know he also needed to make an effort ot connect with the other players. His talk with his father gives us some insight into his fears, which would be very real to a young teen. Does his snipe at his father point toward future unrest in the family? Great writing and great story development. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to future chapters, especially when you catch up to the posting on the other site . Rob
  14. wenmale64

    Chapter 4

    Hmmm, is there something brewing? Is Ryder starting to understand that there is a cure for loneliness? Who is this Jeremy and how does he fit into this group? What does Coack K and his wife see behind the curtan that Shawn and Dylan have put up? Friendships seem to be growing. Love might be in the air. Friends and gaurdians seem to be at hand to help those who need it the most. Where will this lead? Wonderful story. Great writing style and outstanding development of characters and plot. Great work KD, keep it up and looking forward to more. Rob I am a little ahead as I have followed from the start on the other site. With this in mind I will not be the spoiler here . Look forward to more GREAT chapters.
  15. wenmale64

    Raw Deal

    I have very mixed feelings about the events in this chapter. I am still firmly sided with 'Club Billy', however there are some very interesting developments that will surly come to light in the future. Dustins game opens some doors to question what other events may come to light. Has Dustin done this before? Is Dustin hiding a secret side? Is Dustin reaching WAY out because he thinks that is what is required to draw Billy to his side? Future events should be interesting... It does appear that Amanda is actually smarter than she seems. She does appear to want to defend her brother to some extent and she really shed light on the things Billy refuses to admit. We now know about Bretts drug use and Amanda has harshly pointed out that Billy puts Dustin in a number 2 position compaired to Brett. Dustins parents are a story that only time will sort out, for better or worse..... Billy really needs to get a grip on his own feelings and at least admit to himself who he is. A gay boy hiding from himself is a recipe for pain and loss in the best case and much worse in the worst case. I really like the way you bring these characters into our lives and show the ways some simple actions effect the overall picture. It is amazing how you capture this effect. I remember trying to please all of my friends in high school when we all had diferent plans. Fortunately for me we all got along and nobody hated each other. I cannot even imagine being between two of my friends that despised each other... OMG. Keep up the great writing and keep painting the picture of the boys lives so that we are able to see them grow and develop into young men and find stability and love in their lives Rob Ok, you are breaking them, I hope you have a plan to fix them....
  16. wenmale64

    Chapter 3

    Hopefully the courts will agree that the parents wishes are MORE valid than the grandparents. With the mother being a survivor of the accident, her wishes for the care of the children should take front stage. This is especially true considering there were legal papers filed by both parents prior to the accident. Now while this seems very simple and straight forward the courts are run by people (judges) which sometimes have their own views and feelings and take a very personal view in how they rule. Time will tell the outcome. As for child care, I have no personal experience there, but have been told by friends that are parents that finding a good care facility that has a good reputation and references can be very hard to do. Many of them have waiting lists over a year long... Wow, when I was little mom was either home and looking after me or I was at my grandmothers and all was well...... how times have changed . Great work Graeme. Looking forward to the next chapter and the future events...
  17. Outstanding work Gary. I find the developement of the family VERY pleasing. The growing love and suport between Nate and Bodie is so special for young gay boys/men in out times. The suport of all the family members is heart warming. Hopefully you will be able to get back to COTT soon. A christmas present for your fans, maby...hint hint . No pressure. Be true to your heart and we will suport you as dedicated readers. Now to check out Morningstar..... Rob And as said to other authors.... Please do not hurt the boys......
  18. wenmale64

    Dustin's World

    Dustin is in a living hell which is a place no child should EVER be. Billy is the rock in dustins life and will hopefully always be there for him. It seems to me that Dustin has a chance for a better place if his mother takes a stand against his father. Right now, it appears that she is the only one in the family, dustin excluded by circumstance, that is holding a job and trying to better herself. Other than the emotional side, what would be worse if she kicked the old durnk in the balls and watched him land in the next state??? Almost the same with the daughter.... Anyway, we will watch and learn the ways of W.A.R. Great work Jeff and keep it coming. Rob And as always... Please don't hurt the boys to much .
  19. wenmale64

    Chapter 1

    +1 on all that has been said. Great story and it will build with future chapters (yes, I have been following on the other site). Keep up the great work. I look forward to more of your stories. R KD, as said to other authors... Please do not hurt the boys ....
  20. wenmale64

    Tug-of-War

    Great chapter, with more insight into the personal lives of the characters. I am still firmly on team Brett, but it is great to see Billy standing up for Dustin against Amanda. Now if someone will step up to the plate and knock Dustins dad out of the park . Hopefully, Billy will begin to understand the need both he and Brett have for each other on an emotional level. Will Dustins need to have his best friend help him with his life be a catalist for a much better friendship and understanding between all three boys or the final wedge that hurts? Only the squirel knows the future..... Keep up the great creative writing. As I said before, I wait eagerly for the next chapter. R PS: Again, Jeff, please do not hurt the boys............
  21. Way Off Topic.... Codey was a very special and wonderful young man. I wish I had the chance to know him before his passing. God Speed, Codey.
  22. Ok one last comment then I will shuddup.... Anything by Randy Wade I keep feeling I am leaving deserving authors out, but I simply cannot remember them all. If I misssed you, I am sorry R
  23. I forgot one that I really like.... Riding Lessons series also by Andrew Todd This is very heartfelt series touching on many areas of coming of age. Great Read
  24. Hi Frankie and welcome. All of the above are good selections. Unfortunately everyones taste is different, so what I like you might not find interesting. With that in mind I will list a few authors and stories I really like: Three hearts by Andrew Todd The CJ stories by Carlos Hazday The W.A.R. series by JKSquirrel Gemini by Sammy Blue The Knotts series by Uplifted Spirit Rules of the Road by Geron Kees Wolf Like Me by Dayne Mora There are so many more that trying to keep listing them is pointless. When I find a story I like I tend to follow that storie and author faithfully until I exhaust the offerings of that author. I also tend to lean toward 'Coming of Age' stories and stories with positave endings. It just lets me live the life I could not 30-40 years ago . Hope this helps populate your library. Best Wishes, R
  25. wenmale64

    The Chair

    Jeff, Thank You for the next book of W.A.R. so quickly, I'm pumped . It is interesting how Billys outlook has drooped in such a short period of time. It will also be interesting to get the back story on this change of attitude in future chapters. I can understand Billy wanting to not be in the middle of the conflict of his two friends, especially with one of them being more than just a friend. I also understand his fear of getting to intimate with Brett as it can and usually does change the dynamic of the relationship and the dynamic of group interactions with other people. Anyway, great chapter and setup for problems and hopefully solutions in the future. Keep up the great writing and I will drool waiting for the next chapter. R
×
×
  • Create New...