Jump to content

spyke

Members
  • Posts

    2,562
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spyke

  1. spyke

    Retaliation

    https://gayauthors.org/stories/chapter/64771-duty-and-ethics/?do=findComment&comment=624291 The chickens have come home to roost. Jamie needs to tell Mike the complete truth because it's at the point where his continued silence means risking losing Mike. Kudos to Nam and Rob for offering up their unconditional support. A big thumbs down to mom though. More please!
  2. Come visit the Southeastern part of the US in July or August. 🥵 You'll change your point of view. @kbois can back me up on that.
  3. Dogs don't miss their mark and nips don't require stitches. On the flip side of the coin, my mother had a dog long before she married my father. When I was born, that dog became my protector and she slept next to my crib and later on, next to my bed. She was sweet and very gentle. There are pictures of me grabbing on to her as I learned how to walk. My father told the story that one day my mother was spanking me and the dog started growling and charged at her to make her stop. I was too young to remember that incident, but what I can say is that my parents never raised a hand to me. Still, it is a big risk leaving kids alone with a dog.
  4. Well duh, it has bourbon and maple. Of course it's going to come out fantastic. 🤣 Butter chicken, Korean Beef, maple bourbon pulled chicken, egg rolls, and (almost) spicy peanut chicken...maybe it's time for you to get a side gig and do a cookbook. The title could be "Kbois Kookbook for Korner Krews" 🤔
  5. Are you allowed to ice it down? I know it's annoying, but it does help.
  6. If you think 50 is fun, just wait till your next decade. That's when your body really starts doing things that make no sense. Blueberries? Nope. They give me heartburn. But I can eat hot peppers with no problem. Pulling your neck when you turn your head to check your mirror before a lane change is really fun. That sharp burning pain that runs up the back of your skull for days after is like nothing you've ever felt before. Then there's the side eye you get from your doctor when you try and explain how you did it. Those itchy, burning, watery eyes you thought were allergies? Not so much allergies as dry eye disease. Your eyes are pouring water but you have dry eye disease. 🤷 Invest in a good reclining chair. You'll be using it when the pop up out of a dead sleep at 2 a.m. wide awake and can't go back to sleep. Whoever coined the term "golden years" needs to be slapped. 🤣
  7. Sounds like a question that @Wayne Gray should be answering. He seems to know a lot about bears!
  8. Are you sure about that? It sounds like you may have some extra large termites! 🤣
  9. I'll call today "Munching Monday" in honor of the active termite infestation that was just discovered at one of the properties I have under contract. @kbois and I truly live the glamorous life.
  10. That could work to your advantage. It might keep the leftover pizza thieves at bay. 🤣 I've got some baby bella mushrooms in the fridge that are going to find their way into tonight's InstantPot mushroom, pancetta, and spinach risotto.
  11. No worries, I'll just do the Elijah thing and fly way above it. BTW, wasn't the wienerdog supposed to be on clean up duty?
  12. Hi @CassieQ and welcome! It's a fun crew that posts in here, but when things get serious, they've got your back. You're confused about that. It's coconuts 🥥 You know, @kbois favorite.
  13. Even though you and I know it would be gospel, they'd think it was fiction and couldn't possibly be true. Had a buyer get in touch with my seller in January (2024) threatening to sue her for damages caused by a water pipe that had busted when it froze. They bought the property in the summer of 2022. 🤦 You can't make this stuff up and you can't cure stupid.
  14. Umm, read the room. We need full details of every encounter. Our imaginations are not as good as yours. 🤣
  15. This is a major crack in the foundation of their (or any) relationship. Mike is very perceptive and Jamie hasn't been covering things as well as he thinks he has. When the chickens come home to roost, Jamie won't be able to gloss this over as easily as he did in this chapter.
  16. So no tooth fairy at your house then? 🤣
  17. Pro tip: They do make retrofit remote controls for ceiling fans so that you don't have to get up and out of the bed and risk stepping on the floor where the monsters can get you. Ask me how I know. 😉
  18. So would "I give good TikTok" be a relevant skill? Asking for a friend. 🤣 We've been through 5 front desk receptionists in the past 2 years. As much as we tried, they were all untrainable. Every single day was like their first day at work, and having them repeat the same questions day after day was exhausting for everyone. Seriously, how hard is it to file things by alphabetical order or write a receipt? You'll find the right one, it's just going to take more time than it did a few years ago. No one is teaching resume writing or interviewing skills anymore, and it shows.
  19. Try soaking the cut up cucumbers in some cold salted water for about 30 minutes in the fridge, then drain and rinse. I love cucumbers, but unless I soak them, I'll taste them for hours on end. I make a summer cucumber salad with a dressing of sour cream, mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, dill, and a pinch of sweetener. It's a nice side for grilled meats.
  20. Just remember that you brought up cliffies. I did not mention a thing about you being the Queen of Cliffies.
×
×
  • Create New...