spyke
Members-
Posts
2,562 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by spyke
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Sigh, Again, you don't know about cats. No it doesn't. What it means is that the cat knows that you live there and that you're not a feline fan. The cat is trying to win you over so that she can ghost you after you've fallen for her. Or she's doing it because she knows it irritates you. Either way, she wins. Remember that cats have staff. The only way you will know for sure that you're a good person is if and when she brings you presents. Hopefully, the present(s) will be deceased. Until that happens, sleep with one eye open. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Animals know. Always. -
I got arrested but it wasn't my fault
spyke replied to weinerdog's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
She's big mad. You can tell she's plotting her revenge. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Sure, just go ahead and dangle that carrot and torture us. 🤣 -
I got arrested but it wasn't my fault
spyke replied to weinerdog's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
We don't go by roads. Too much effort in that for those of us who cut through the woods. All you need to know is how far "yonder," and "a bit" are, then left and right, a few basic landmarks like churches, and you're good to go. Although if someone mentions First Baptist Church, you'd be smart to ask which one, because there are many. Kind of counter intuitive because there can really only be one First. The only other things you need to know is to keep it 'tween the ditches, and to watch out for deer. Cute as they are, they will ruin your day. -
I got arrested but it wasn't my fault
spyke replied to weinerdog's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Yes, the Southern USA. We are the masters of the double entendre. You have a good grasp about the weinerdog situation. @kbois can back up your assessment. -
I got arrested but it wasn't my fault
spyke replied to weinerdog's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Are you originally from the South? LOL Naked means you ain't got no clothes on. Nekkid means you ain't got no clothes on and you up to something. You know @weinerdog oh too well. Definitely nekkid. -
The Dark Side of Jamie Vayne
spyke commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Dark Side of Jamie Vayne
I'm thinking that @weinerdog has sniffed something out and is on track. Wen is almost sounding like he was one of Jamie's encounters who maybe thought or fantasized that he was getting more than what Jamie was offering. Wen's talking like he's got first hand experience, and he's giving off a spurned lover vibe with this statement.- 30 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
The Dark Side of Jamie Vayne
spyke commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Dark Side of Jamie Vayne
That's entirely possible with Laura at the keyboard.- 30 comments
-
- 10
-
-
I got arrested but it wasn't my fault
spyke replied to weinerdog's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Bad dog. Bad dog. No treats for you. 🤣 -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Your cat just did. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
"You really have no idea how cats work, do you?" I tried to warn you, but you kept saying "not my cat." Your writing can wait. 🤣😼 -
You really have no idea how cats work, do you? Dogs have owners Cats have staff. Buckle up buttercup. You're about to have a second job. LOL
-
Welcome to the dark side, Cat Momma. 🤣
-
Who Doesn’t Like a Maverick?
spyke commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Who Doesn’t Like a Maverick?
It was the evil brother Wen. That's why he seemed so familiar to Jamie. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Well that stinks. Almost sounds like you've got strep throat. Take care of yourself. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I hit the easy button and use the unit converter on my android phone. It looks like a ruler. It does 9 different types of calculations- mass, volume, temperature, distance, etc. Not sure if there's an equivalent on iPhone. -
Either one would do, but I've planted the seed and I'm sure you'll come up with something very original. Now do your thing, Muse. 😉
-
Agreed. I much prefer July 14. It's been a minute since you've thrown a blowout and blowup Bastille Day Bash, @Mark Arbour That would be a perfect opportunity for you to derail Jeremy's progress in public with a full blown food throwing screaming hissy fit. You can make Frank the culprit and have him say something stupid to start it all off. Imagine the rift between him and Isadore... There's 150 days for you to write it all up before Bastile Day 2025.
-
Are we taking bets that either they're still going at it or they fall asleep together and get woken up when the construction crew arrives?
-
Chapter 91 The Barn Across the Road
spyke commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 91 The Barn Across the Road
You always manage to transport your readers into your story so it feels like we are standing right next to the character and witnessing the same exact thing. Yet, you always balance your visual cues so that they never detract or distract from the story. You have a rare gift, Gary. Thank you for sharing your talents with us once again. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I think you need to do some investigating on her lineage. Based on her behavior, I suspect there might be a surprise in the DNA test results. Someone needs to examine our own Korner Krew member's passport to see if he's made any clandestine trips to Spain, because his profile pic has that same look of guilt we would see when Maury would say "You are the Father!" LOL -
Whatever happened to editing?
spyke replied to Tim Hobson's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I think that anyone who publishes on this website is being incredibly generous and giving of their time and talents, and I appreciate them, typos and all. I do understand what you are saying, though. I've pointed out things to authors in the past, but I do so privately through a message and not in the comments. Most authors are gracious and appreciative. Some are not. One author seemed to not understand the difference between to and too. When I tried to point out an error, it was met with a firm rebuttal. Even though I explained that "too" was an adverb that pointed out quantity or an addition (I'm going too.), and "to" was more indicative of direction or destination (I'm going to the store), they still didn't get it. I didn't push the issue because it really wasn't that important and it wasn't my writing. I think that anyone who writes can get tunnel vision and screen blinded, so errors are easy to miss. Back in the day when I was in college, I could look at a paper that I was writing and I could sense that something was wrong, but I couldn't see/find it until I printed it out. To this day, I print out and review the important stuff, but I blame my first college English professor for that. She gave some good advice when she reminded the class that spell check on a computer does not know the difference between public and pubic. In the end, we all have different standards, and you have to do what works for you. Like I said, I'm always appreciative of any writer who shares their talent on this site. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Thought I had washed my hands well enough and later on touched my lips. Spent hours looking like this:
