Jump to content

Doha

Members
  • Posts

    5,216
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Doha

  1. Doha

    Physicality

    Henry did well and is gaining self-confidence. I’m glad he is doing this. Nico and Ivo are an interesting couple. Where will this end?
  2. What a great start! I love Henry already. Although older, I can totally relate 😂.
  3. Doha

    Chapter 5

    The story has brought my a sense of joy to me today and the post script tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing something so profound. I also have that man who helped me deal with coming out and getting divorced when I was certain that I was the most undeserving cretin God ever breathed life into. Even though, the relationship was brief and we both moved on still appreciating each other, it helped me to see that life was good and that I was OK. Thank you again for reminding me of my own Gil.
  4. Doha

    Chapter 4

    A lovely Christmas Eve and heat under the tree. 🌲
  5. Doha

    Chapter 4

    Oh they have whole week to practice and recharge 😜
  6. A first date on the horizon and an unknown visitor. Can’t wait for the next chapter to land.
  7. This AI generated story is definitely worth a read. It highlights the literary devices commonly used in AI generated story telling, equipping you to spot it in other stories on the site. Hats off to Ken for taking the initiative!
      • 1
      • Love
  8. Doha

    Chapter 3

    What a way to spend Christmas Eve. I could learn a thing or two from this group of guys.
  9. Doha

    Chapter 2

    That was a sex scene very well written! Wow! 🤩
  10. Doha

    Chapter 1

    It was certainly attraction at first sight! 🔥
  11. Doha

    Prologue

    I enjoyed that opening chapter immensely. Let’s see how this unfolds.
  12. Doha

    Chapter 6

    The ending was good. I got a little choked up I must admit. It certainly had a much better feel. Perhaps a lot of guidance given to the AI author. I look forward to your next story.
  13. Doha

    Chapter 5

    You’ve hit the hard, steel nail right on its flattened, coin-like head.
  14. Doha

    Chapter 4

    Let’s see what the next few chapters do. As the chapters shorten, the final two may well be a few paragraphs each. 😂
  15. Doha

    Chapter 3

    😜 AI is certainly ensuring that our two protagonists are kept as safe as can be.
  16. Doha

    Chapter 1

    Yes, indeed.
  17. Doha

    Chapter 2

    A most interesting experiment indeed. As AI becomes better at mimicking human writing and story telling, it could become very difficult to identify whether a piece of writing is AI generated. I know that for drafting work documents, policy writing and speeches I need to give very clear instructions, upload tons of my own writing and give guidance on style, grammar, vocabulary suitable for the audience and to keep description and one liners to a minimum. In the end, it can take quite a long time to get your product just as you want it.
  18. Doha

    Prologue

    Agreed. I think AI is great for creating frameworks and breaking down the chapter into parts to be covered. It is also good to keep all the threads of the story remembered, but I really want to see the hand of the author and hear his/her voice in the text.
  19. I can’t comment on what might be bothering you Gary, but as an author, I love what you write. The style, the characterisation, the thematic approach, the true-to-life diction and vocabulary all come together to create stories that are both enjoyable and spiritually uplifting. I hope you have many more stories in you that can’t wait to be told.
  20. Doha

    Chapter 1

    As for sex scenes, I agree with @peter rietbergen and @Carl Accolla, they are immensely difficult to write and generally not very interesting to read. For me the best stories on GA use them very sparingly.
  21. Doha

    Chapter 1

    As most of the previous comments have noted, AI is relatively easy to spot. And also a bit disappointing when it is spotted. The formula is the same: lots of marathons and similes, every sentence seems to want a punch of its own, brief bursts like “That matters!” and “it quietly settled”. And the pendulum approach to statements: “the rains came, not pouring, not in torrents, like a quiet mist that settled over the emerald green valley”.
  22. Doha

    Prologue

    Quite a lot of writers on this site use AI. The style is relatively generic and so it becomes quite clear which are generated by AI and which have had more author input. i see no reason to ignore AI but I do find that I feel just a little bit less enthusiastic about stories when I realise they are largely AI generated. I guess it is the loss of the human touch.
  23. Well done Shir! And just as well done to all the men of Two Spirits Ranch who put their hands up to stand watch.
  24. Gary I’m not enjoying this, I’m absolutely loving it, lapping it up!
  25. I’m sure that Augie and Fletch will find a way to assist Willy James and Runyon. Who knows there could be a safe haven developed in Warrenville.
×
×
  • Create New...