Jump to content

Lee Wilson

Author
  • Posts

    7,447
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lee Wilson

  1. All I have to say is, Oops. You'll see next chapter, either later today or tomorrow. Next chapter, other story, that is. Yeah, no really nasty villains in this book of the story. Yet.
  2. Thanks, again, not sure about going the court case route. And the tapper isn't really a work-around, it's the standard for vision impaired swimmers in the Paralympics.
  3. No, but as you've sen by now, I do mention at the top of the next chapter that I changed it there, and retroactively here. Have to keep you all on your toes.
  4. Thanks, I will. And to think a chapter or two ago I thought we were nearing the end. I guess I got my second, no, thir.. maybe fourth wind.
  5. I hope so too.
  6. Thanks. I expected nothing less from you. Better than the tar and feathering someone else I believe will be threatening.
  7. It might be, but I’m not going to go there.
  8. Um, sorry? I’m willing to bet he will. It’s not like I’m going to send him off to Dmitriy in Russia or anything.
  9. Saturday morning, on the flight home, Stephen got curious, “Were you upset that you didn’t make the team?” “Only a little disappointed. Soon after we checked in, I knew I was the youngest there and my qualifying time was sixth best. I knew it was a long shot to beat two other 17 and 18-year-olds.” “You almost did. You only missed out by one one-hundredth of a second.” “Yeah. But I’m going to train harder at the Columbus Aquatic Center, and even start swimming 100 meters, so I have
  10. Lee Wilson

    Chapter 35 S3

    Wouldn’t that be apocalyptic? You don’t mention it, but I wonder if they put out a water dish for themselves while at the hunting camp. You mention them getting drinks upon returning “home” so I’m guessing they (you) never thought of it.
  11. If you’re talking about Heated Rivalry, I’m about to give up on it after episode 2. The Russian is a selfish asshole. Hollander should forget about him. It wouldn’t open any windows for me.
  12. Speaking of Pride Nights, I’ll be going to the Nashville Predators Pride Night game in March. It being Pride Night was a bonus, the initial reason for buying the tickets was they’re playing the team I’ve followed for over 40 years. Of course, I can’t make it obvious and join any specific festivities, but at least I’ll be there, representing all of us in spirit who are forced to be closeted for one reason or another.
  13. Not sure about field hockey. As far as I know, beyond high school girls, there isn’t much interest. According to rantsports, only 9 openly gay hockey players and only 1 under contract with an NHL team. https://www.rantsports.com/rankings/list/gay-nhl-players/#:~:text=Are there any openly gay,has played in the AHL). On average, NHL players are 6-foot-1.5 inches tall and 201 pounds. At 14, he was undersized, is that still true entering college, we’ll see. But yeah, it’s a rough sport.
  14. They might, rabbit, they might.
  15. Book smart, not street smart. Awesome speech. It got my eyes a little misty, must be allergies, it’s a lot warmer here today than it has been lately.
  16. True, but: And perhaps a teaser, just before what you quoted:
  17. Yes, but putting in too many hockey details may have not been ideal either.
  18. True, but at least it’s not the end, although I’m thinking that’ll happen next chapter.
  19. Darren was suspicious, “What’re you doing with your phone, Mario?” “I recorded the fight.” “For our eyes only?” “No, James Bond; the world.” “What??!?!” “I posted it on X and insta.” “Take it down!” “Why?” Darren got right in Mario’s face. “Take it down. Now!” “OK. OK. Geez.” “It better not have gotten any views yet.” “Nothing on insta... nothing on X, either... It's down.” “Thank you.” “Why don’t you want it posted?” “I
  20. I wrote one for a web writing contest site a number of years ago: Summer Vacation Turned Bad We got off the plane Lovely tropical island Then a hurricane
  21. Thanks. And finally, someone is close to the truth.
  22. Would I do something like that? Thanks.
  23. Definitely one of the few possibilities I’ve been thinking of. But. No.
  24. You know better than to ask that. Yes. Take a picture for me if you can. ChatGPT didn’t like to give Stephen all the deformities, so I don’t know what he looks like.
  25. Thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...