Jump to content
    Aceinthehole
  • Author
  • 1,626 Words
  • 2,272 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of the Underground: Velocity - 24. Chapter 24

Under Ground Aliases
The Reaper- Jamie Free
Velocity- Elijah Warren
Gears- Jacob Palmer
Gizmo- Matty Sanders
*The boys use these to guarantee no one outside the underground finds their real identities*

“Velocity?” Jax said laughing a bit “Oh Reaper, he’s definitely yours.”

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?” I said getting defensive

“That you’re shit at giving nicknames and so is he. Perfect match if I’ve ever seen one.” He joked. I stared at him to cut the crap and he walked back to his post.

We began to prep for my race.

“Smoke this guy Reaper!” One of the passersby yelled, I raised my hand signaling I heard with him.

“Geez you really are popular around here” Velocity said still surprised by everything happening

“Everyone likes a winner” Gizmo said unphased

“Alright Reaper, let’s get you in and out of here yeah? Peddle to the metal the whole way through, race smart, race safe and show this guy why you’re so feared.” Gears said trying to pump me up

My opponent and his crew walked past me on their way to his car, Jax walked up to back us up in case he tried anything. The man stared at Jax for a second “Hey Reaper, you might want to keep that ape of yours on a leash” he joked

I stood up with anger “Let me ask you something” I said staring at him “I ended my first opponent’s car and my second opponents life, which one would you prefer?” Velocity discreetly grabbed the back of my shirt to make sure I stayed put.

The opponent shook a little with fear but tried to hide it “You’ll have to catch me first” he spit

“Second one it is” I said with an evil grin crossing my face. I could tell that shook him to the core because he quickly moved to his car without another word.

Eli let me go and patted me on the back “You don’t actually mean that do you?” he whispered

“No, but I gotta keep up with appearances” I said assuring him I would be okay. I looked towards Jax “Don’t worry. I’ll crush that racist prick.” Jax nodded and once more went back to his post.

When it came time to race I put on my helmet and saw fear grow into Velocity’s eyes. I nodded towards Gears to take care of him and he nodded back. I got in and pulled up alongside my opponent. I gave him a death stare and revved my engine. The normal woman did her thing and counted down, On your marks, get set, GO!”

I hit the perfect start and before we could even get to the end of the tunnel I started trading paint with my opponent. I glanced over and saw fear grow in his eyes. He began to panic and out of fear for his life he slammed on the brake. The sudden shift of momentum caused his tires to give way and he spun out of control and into the nearby wall. I raced ahead and out of the tunnel so I wouldn’t get hit by the car. I took the rest of the way slow, no reason to tempt fate. When I pulled across the finish line I saw the car smacked against the wall and the racer waiting for me with guards surrounding the area. I pulled off my helmet and stepped out to the roar of the crowd. Jax immediately took my back.

“That’s a shame” I said looking at Jax “I was really hoping that crash was fatal.” I turned around, faced my opponent and winked “Next time” The crowd once more exploded at my words.

“You’re fucking mentally unstable” he screamed “You let dangerous fucks like that race here” He shouted looking at Pit who was watching and laughing.

“It’s anything goes, I guess you’re racist and stupid” I said done with the conversation.

When I got back to my crew Velocity ran up and hugged me “Oh my god! What the fuck were you thinking?”

I pushed him away so we wouldn’t be obvious “Don’t worry I know what I’m doing, he caused that accident when he slammed on his brakes. I knew it wasn’t going to be deadly I just wanted to scare him” I said whispering, Gears rolled his eyes “What you think that’s bullshit?”

“I think you’re just as reckless as when it was just the 3 of us” he said hugging me “but at least your tempers in check”

Gizmo walked back up with the winnings “Alright ready to go when you guys are”

“Lets go” I said bucking shoulders with Velocity

Jax stopped me before I got to the car “Here” he said sneaking me a paper with an address on it “No one is to know about this.” I nodded and shook his hand goodbye.

We hopped in the car and with a burst of speed we were off. I pulled onto the highway and opened my car up.

“Baby” Eli screamed “The race is over, slow down.”

“There was barely even a race. I never got a chance to actually drive.” I joked. I could tell Eli was actually scared so I slowed it down a bit.

“So Eli, what’d you think of your first night out with the boys?” Matty asked dealing out the cash.

“It wasn’t as bad as you guys bad it out to be.” He lied

I reached over and tickled him a bit “You’re such a freakin liar” I said laughing

He shoved my hand away “Alright! Alright! It was a little scary” he said catching his breath “So Jacob are you ready for our double date on Friday?”

I could see Jacob blankly staring out the window from my mirror “I guess” he sighed

“aww are you scared of girls?” Matty teased

“At least I have a date” he mumbled back

“Oh come one, it’ll be fun! Plus you’ll have me and Jamie there to help.” Eli was so excited with the idea

“For the record I don’t want to go either” Eli gave me a good punch to the arm for that joke “Okay I feel like you just broke 2 unspoken rules 1. Don’t hit the driver and 2. Don’t hit your boyfriend.” I said laughing Eli landed another punch “Okay okay, I want to go” I said bracing for another

“Good” Eli said happy with himself.

Matty began to laugh and Eli turned and raised his fist “Calm down Mike Tyson. I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing at Jamie.”

“Ughhh why?” I groaned

“Because your totally whipped bro.” he began to laugh again “Eli’s got you wrapped around his finger”

“Yup, well that what happens when you date a psycho” Eli went to punch me but I grabbed his fist before it could gain any momentum “Would you stop with that. I’m trying to drive here.”

“Fine, I’ll punch you later” Eli said teasing me

“Is that a threat or a promise?” I asked winking at him

Matty groaned “For fucks sake just bang and get it over with already, you guys are disgusting to watch.”

Eli leaned back and punched him on the leg. “Good boy” I said leaning over and giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

Finally we arrived at Matty’s house “Grow a pair Free” he shouted running out of the car before Eli could punch him again.

As I was pulling away I saw one of the lights in Mattys house go on “Busted” Jacob said laughing.

“See karmas a bitch” I said joining in on the laughter

Eli looked at us like we were crazy “Isn’t he gonna get in huge trouble now?”

“No, his parents don’t give a shit. They just assume he’s at my house or some shit” I said trying to focus on the road.

Eli looked back at Jacob “What do your parents think you’re up to.”

“Sleeping in bed. I don’t get busted.”

Eli started laughing “Hopefully mine too” he looked over at me “What does your dad think you’re up to?”

“Racing”

“No seriously, what does he think you’re doing?”

“Racing” I repeated, I saw Eli cock back his fist again “Seriously, he knows I race. Jesus what is with you tonight, did you watch boxing before I picked you up or some shit?”

Elis jaw dropped a little “and he’s okay with that?”

“About as okay with it as you are” I said pulling up to Jacobs house “Don’t forget our date tomorrow night” I joked. He rolled his eyes and stepped out. Eli began to fidget in his chair a little “Oh no, what did I do?” I sarcastically asked

“Nothing, it’s just, I have a game Saturday afternoon, and it’s our home opener. Do you think you could come watch?” I glanced over and smiled “I’m just a little nervous about starting off the season on the right foot.”

“Of course, I usually have races Sunday anyway, so we should be good.” I said smiling at him “and don’t worry about it, you’ll do great”

I saw a smile begin to creep over his face “Thanks Jamie.” I could see him thinking something over again “This is all feels so unreal”

“What?” I asked laughing

“It just feels like a fairy tale, you know?” I reached over and put my hand in his “It’s like, I never thought there was love out there for me, especially not with you.”

I got serious “Well baby you better start believing it because I’m not going anywhere.” Finally we pulled up a bit past his house and he gave me a kiss goodnight and stepped out. I watched to make sure he got to his house safe and pulled away.

I’ll train with Jax until I can’t stand up to protect him. No matter what it takes, I’ll keep you safe.

Hey guys, so I figured I should address the topic of guns in my story. While I recognize how scary and deadly an instrument they are, and the gravity of recent situations that have occurred be it in the past few days or the past few months, I have decided that they will remain in the story and everything will continue as normal. They are a real thing that occur in black market situations like racing, and to pretend they do not exist simply because of recent events would defeat the purpose of forms of art such as writing. I hope to provoke thoughts and feelings in my readers, I want you guys to feel moments of happiness and joy but also worry and fear. Most importantly I want to recognize that I will not take the presence of guns in this story lightly, thus the reason Jamie has to train to gain one, if he can keep up that is. Anyway thanks for reading and be safe out in the world! As always if you guys need me just shoot me a message!
2016 Ace
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I kinda thought Gizmo and Gears were fitting nicknames....not so sure bout Velocity. And is there a story to Jax nickname, guess I'll have to read on to find out.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..