Jump to content
    Aceinthehole
  • Author
  • 1,967 Words
  • 2,549 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of the Underground: Velocity - 39. Chapter 39

Under Ground Aliases

The Reaper- Jamie Free

Velocity- Elijah Warren

Gears- Jacob Palmer

Gizmo- Matty Sanders

*The boys use these to guarantee no one outside the underground finds their real identities*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As we got closer to my car I took out the keys and threw them at Eli. He snatched them out of the air and began shaking his head. He reached them back out but I swatted his hand away.

“Come on I don’t feel good” I whined. Eli rolled his eyes, pocketed the keys and threw his hockey bag at me “Rude” I let out trying to catch the clunky bag

“Oh shut up” he joked climbing into the driver’s seat.

I threw the bag into the back, and jumping into the passenger seat “Still need driving lessons?” I teased

“Still need lessons on sex?” he shot back.

“Low blow” I said laughing. I looked over, and couldn’t help but stare at his confident smile. There’s no doubt I’ve changed him. He’s just so much wittier and not afraid to stand up for stuff. If there’s any good I’ve done in this life, its help Eli learn how to stand on his own two feet. I watched his precision as he shifted into higher gears “Don’t stall” I provoked

“Oh shut up, I won’t” he said punching my arm “I learned from the best, to become the best.”

I leaned my head over towards him “Honey, you’re good but you’re not me.” Eli lovingly punched me once more “Besides I don’t think you want to be. It’s a curse not a gift.”

“Oh stop” he sighed “It’s a gift. You just have to learn how to properly use it. You’ll figure it out Jamie, like I said you always do.”

“Promise me you’ll never get involved in racing.”

Eli rolled his eyes “That’s rich coming from you”

“Just promise me” I insisted

“I promise.” He said finally giving into my somewhat stupid demands

I watched Eli shift gears, not only in the car but also in his mind “So how bad was your fight with your dad and sister?”

“With my dad not so bad, I just lashed out at him but he can handle it. With my sister…real bad” I sighed “I kinda yelled at her last night, and then freaked out even more before I left for your game. She knows EVERYTHING.”

“I thought she only caught you coming home late last night? You’re a good bullshitter, how did she figure it out?” he asked in shock

“I am, but my dad’s not” I groaned “She gave me the right act and all. Ughh like I haven’t gotten that enough lately” Eli’s focused drifted away and I could tell he felt the impact of my words “I didn’t mean you…”

“No it’s okay” he interrupted “Maybe I shouldn’t have yelled at you last night. Maybe I’m the reason you’re so off today.”

“NO! You will NEVER be the reason I’m sad!” I insisted “You said what needed to be said…what everyone else was too scared to say. You’re the only person who’s helped me to feel like I can fight back.”

He nodded but I could still see some concern on his face “Good, I don’t think you understand how much I need you in my life. I’ve said it so much today, but believe me I’ve meant it every time.”

“I’ll never understand why. You’re just so perfect and, I’m just so not. You truly are beautiful”

Eli let out a short giggle “Then stop questioning it. You know, being humble is making you 10x hotter.”

I could feel my face growing red but rolled my eyes “Stop”

“Seriously, especially with that jacket of yours, you really are buying into that gothic look aren’t you? Long shaggy hair, tight dark jeans and always wearing that black jacket.”

“I guess” I mumbled not knowing if it was a good thing or not.

“I find it hot. I always have, even when you did it back when we were kids.”

“So that’s why you were always staring at me in the locker room” I teased

“No, I was just returning your stare” he shot back. My face turned a bright shade of red “You did stare!” he yelped glancing over

“No”

“Jamie!” he pushed

“Okay fine once” I admitted “After we won our last championship together. That’s when I knew I loved you as more than just a friend” I finally admitted

Eli grew silent letting everything finally sink in “You perv!” he teased, glowing with a new energy of happiness “You didn’t see anything did you?”

“Like I haven’t seen you naked before” I fought back “No, I didn’t see anything. Focus on driving, you don’t even have a permit, this is super illegal.” I stated trying to change the topic

“Yup, well I guess you’re not the only one who likes trouble” he said moving his hand from the gear shift to my thigh

“Eli” I said still barred by the fog in my mind

Embarrassment crossed his face “Sorry, I forgot”

He began to lift up his hand but I lightly put my hand on it to keep it there “Don’t be” I said, knowing how sensitive he was to initiating any form of sex “Just because I’m not feeling it right now, doesn’t mean I don’t want you to be close to me.”

His blush didn’t fade “Okay” he said still a little uncomfortable

“It’s cute how geeked out you get about sex” I knew that if being serious didn’t calm him down, pushing his buttons did.

“Jamie!” he shouted “Don’t be gross. I don’t get weird about sex.”

“You so do!” I pushed “It’s been months, and you still can’t talk about it without getting red.”

“Even when you’re sad you’re a bully” he pouted

“What?” I said giggling “I’m just being honest, even though it makes you uncomfortable, you’re still really good at it.”

Finally, the awkwardness in his mind broke and he began to laugh along “Stop being so gross, or I’ll never get this close to you again” he said squeezing my thigh

I threw my hands up and stayed quiet.

“Good” he laughed pulling up to his house. He began to lean in for a kiss, but quickly corrected himself. I leaned in and kissed him on the forehead before finally kissing him on the lips.

“Just what the doctor ordered” I joked

“You didn’t have to…”

“I wanted to” I interrupted “Besides maybe it’ll help”

He laughed and stepped out of the car. I grabbed his bag from the back, and met him at the front of the car. He snatched the bag from my hands, and I snatched another kiss from his lips.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better” he said pretending to wipe his lips

“What can I say, that little kiss you stole, it held me heart and soul” I said quoting the same song Eli did earlier

He rolled his eyes once more “You like that band too much. Now leave before my parents see you.”

“Love you too” I pestered hopping in the car and peeling out. For the first time since it rolled in, the fog seemed to stay at bay. I now know what I have to do to kill it off. It all starts now. As I pulled into my driveway, my heart started to race. I took a few deep breaths and calmed myself down. I walked right into the house, through the chaos of everything and to the room Jess shared with another one of my sisters.

I knocked once or twice but it felt like an eternity before I finally got an answer “Oh what now!” Jess called out “I swear Jane, if you tried to cut Tiffany’s hair again…” as soon as I opened the door she stopped talking “Oh hey” she said put off my presence

“I’m sorry Jess” I pushed out “I didn’t mean to yell at you before, I’m just stressed. I know I could’ve handled it better but I didn’t” I admitted “I did shoot that kid last night, I have caused accidents on purpose” I took a deep breath “I have killed a man, but only to protect myself. I earned the name reaper and it’s something I’ll have to live with for the rest of my life. I’m working on it thought I really am.” All the information hit her like a ton of bricks “This week is my last week racing, and then I’ll get a normal job, maybe one with you.”

She hopped off her bed and wrapped her arms around me “I’m so glad to hear you say that. What you’ve don’t it’s not you, it’s not the brother I knew.” I laid my head on her shoulder and she squeezed me “Sure your cocky, and can be an asshole, but you’re not a bad person. You’re not” she reassured letting me go “You’ll work through it, I know it.”

“Mind picking me up an application tomorrow?” I asked with my face starting to grow red

“I would like that” she said laughing “We can run that McDonald’s” she joked

“What an accomplishment!” I joined in on the joke

“What can we say, we’re blue collar people Jamie, and we always will be”

I nodded “That we are. Is dad home?”

“Yup, he just got home. He’s in his room” I headed towards the door but looked back at her “You need something else?” she asked heading towards her bed

“No, I love you Jess” I shyly admitted

“Love you too” she said laughing.

I can’t tell you how long it’s been since I’ve told one of my sisters I’ve loved them. It felt good to get the weight off my shoulders. I shut her bedroom door behind me, headed down the hall to my dad’s room and knocked on the door.

“Come in” I heard a tired voice call out

As I opened the door I saw the expression on his face change from tired to hurt “Dad, I’m sorry about this morning, I didn’t mean it. I just can’t control myself sometimes.”

“I know Jamie” he sighed “You lose track of the big picture, while trying to be the hero. But the girls don’t need a hero, they need a brother.”

“I know” I exhaled “Your words meant something to me this morning. This is my last week racing.”

The expression on his face changed from hurt to relief “Really?” he said trying to hide his excitement

“Yes, well racing in the underground.” I admitted “I don’t’ want to quit racing, I’m good dad. Like really good, and that’s just not me being cocky I really am! I’ll get a job with Jess, and then figure something out. A way to do it legally”

He let out a deep sigh “You just love danger” he joked and I nodded “You’re just like your mother, but we’ll figure something out. If it’s what you want, we’ll find a way to make it happen.”

Once more I felt relief comfort the fog “I love you dad”

“I love you too Jamie, now go to sleep you have school tomorrow”

I nodded, and headed up to bed. The second my head hit the pillow I passed out. That night I slept like a baby. Everything that happened today, everything I felt, was absolutely terrible but at the end it was cleansing. It helped hit the reset button on my mind. For the first time since I was a kid I can see things clearly. I just hope Jason still lets me train with him, what can I say? it’s fun to spend time with him. My future finally feels bright.

2016 Ace
  • Like 17
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

i have read every one of your chapters. At first i was like "what the fuck am i reading" and then i was like "alright i have to read more to understand". Now, I'm wondering how is Jamie going to get himself out of the underground. When he was told that he couldnt? I fell for your story, and i am hoping that Jamie will be able to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/05/2016 11:47 AM, Remijay said:

i have read every one of your chapters. At first i was like "what the fuck am i reading" and then i was like "alright i have to read more to understand". Now, I'm wondering how is Jamie going to get himself out of the underground. When he was told that he couldnt? I fell for your story, and i am hoping that Jamie will be able to.

I know it's not exactly the most eloquent writing, but I'm so glad I could hook you! Hope you enjoy the rest of the story! By the way I love your pro pic, I would by lying if I said Naruto wasn't a big inspiration in making me want to write.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..