Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Of Family - 7. Coming Together

Troy, Jaycen, & Stuart

The city’s medical center was unusually busy, thanks to the massive accident earlier that morning. However, between the regularly scheduled staff, and the reserves on call, they were able to see patients in a relatively timely manor. When they were brought in, Troy, Jaycen, and Milo were all assessed as immediate attention. Troy and Jaycen tried to protest their own placement, stating they could wait if others were in worse condition. Most of the doctors and nurses either knew the Stillman’s, or had heard of them, so no one made a fuss about the couple being in the same examination area.

I wonder if the boys have gotten here yet? Jaycen asked, sounding drunk.

His husband’s slightly slurred speech, and crooked smile made Troy chuckle, which preceded soft moans from the discomfort of chuckling. “Babe, right now, I’m having a hard time remembering who we are.” Troy was having difficulty staying focused on anything. Ever since Milo’s assault, the twenty-eight year old brunette was having splitting headaches, and his eyes were sensitive to light.

Jaycen faced his long time partner, and held out his hand, so they could physically connect. As soon as their fingertips touched, the light in Jaycen’s eyes brightened, and his smile illuminated the dimly lit cubicle. Though bruised and battered, Troy’s beauty couldn’t be diminished. For fifteen, of the twenty-five years they’d known each other, the only person holding Jaycen’s romantic interest, was in the bed next to him. “I love you, my sweet boy. Jaycen softly whispered, as tears welled in his eyes. “I’m so sorry I couldn’t protect you, my love. I continuously ask the Goddess to never let me know life without you, and my family in it.”

I love you, with all my heart and soul, Jaycen Blake Stillman. Babe, stop apologizing. You came to my rescue. You’ve always been my strong, and, brave hero.” Troy paused, giving in to the string of painful sounding coughs, and wheezes. “I’m just glad things didn’t get worse, and that no one died.”

Jaycen, are we’re gonna have to work with you, on bobbing and weaving?” The weary couple smiled and looked toward the jovial voiced doctor who’d just came around the screen.

Hey, Uncle Stu, remind us to strangle you, after we’re all healed.” Jaycen chuckled, before succumbing to a lengthy coughing fit.

I’ll be sure to do that, after I hire Lev as my body guard.” Dr. Stuart Lambert was a family friend, and the Stillman’s PCP. He actually delivered Jaycen, Troy, and Levie.

Lev’s not really a good body guard. All you have to do is tickle him, and he’s toast.” Troy grinned, and uncomfortably shifted in the bed.

Like the two of you aren’t ticklish? Threaten me one more time, and I’ll perform a nerve ending test, nice and slow on each of your bare soles.”

Troy and Jaycen gasped in unison, and their eyes widened,

You wouldn’t do that to your poor, loving, defenseless, and helpless nephews. Would you Uncah Stu?” Jaycen asked, saying Uncle the same way he did, when he was five. He also threw in his cutest pout, and puppy eyes for good measure.

Don’t tempt me kiddo.” Stuart shared a chuckle with the couple, before the he got down to business, and examined his favorite patients. “Jayce, I read in the report, your bleeding was stopped, pretty much instantly. I’ll make sure to applaud young Mr. Wilmont’s quick thinking, and action. He was responsible for you not having too much blood loss. Aside from the gunshot, a few bruises, and very slight concussion, I don’t see why you can’t get back home today.” Stuart leaned down, placed a fatherly kiss on the red head’s sweat streaked forehead, and gingerly hugged the young man. He then turned to address his other honorary nephew.

Troy moaned, and cringed his way through his examination, and answered the questions as best he could. Both Stuart, and Jaycen had concerned looks on their faces, because Troy was having trouble coming up with certain words, and couldn’t remember some details. “I don’t like the look on your faces. I’m not going home today, am I Uncle.”

Stuart wiped his brow, even though he’d done this for more years than he cared to remember, it never got any easier. It was even harder, because he was diagnosing Troy. “I don’t think it’s anything too serious, or long lasting. However, you showing signs of a bad concussion, and your ribs are definitely bruised. I’d like to keep you over night, run some tests, and get you in for an MRI in the morning. Then, once everything is back, we can go from there. Hopefully, you’ll be going home tomorrow, but I’m not making any promises.” He then repeated his show of affection with Troy.

Tears streamed down Jaycen’s cheeks. “I can stay with him. Can’t I Uncle Stu?” Jaycen’s lip trembled. The thought of being separated from his husband in this situation, sent a shock wave of fear coursing through his aching body.

Seeing two of the strongest, and most loving men he’d known, being so vulnerable towards each other, was breaking the doctor’s heart. Stuart paused to wipe his tears, and compose himself, before answering. “Of course my sweet boy. My only concern is Levie’s being alone through all this. That boy’s got an incredibly unbreakable bond with his Bropops.”

Both Jaycen and Troy softly chuckled.

Umm, he called us Dad’s a couple times this morning. Uncle Stu, I have a feeling Lev will certainly not be alone. Not if my parents, and Greg have any say in it. Oh, shit, speaking of my parents, has anyone contacted them?” Troy asked, with a sudden worried expression.

I was wondering when he’d start calling the two of you Dad. Calm down Troy. I called Lyle as soon as I heard you two were being brought in. Who’s Greg?” Stuart asked, leaning against the wall.

Greg Wilmont, he’s Lev’s soulmate. They met last night, when we moved our kid to the city.” Jaycen responded.

The same Greg who stopped your bleeding?” Stuart’s mind was turning, as questions formed. “Hmm, I can’t say how, but I have a feeling those boys were very cleverly matched.”

Light bulbs illuminated above Jaycen and Troy’s heads at the same time. The couple looked at each other, slack jawed. “Dad/Papa Lyle.” The couple stated in unison, causing their Uncle’s outburst of laughter.

Levie, Greg, & The Family

Levie and Greg entered the medical center, followed by Greg’s family.

The minute he saw them, Bill, the ranch’s senior foreman, rushed over to his young employer, engulfing him and then Greg in a warm embrace. The older man’s tears fell on the boy’s shoulders. “Lev, I’ve been so worried about the boss’. I tried to get information, but they won’t tell me anything.” He then looked to Greg. “Thank you, for helping. Troy, Jayce, and Lev are the most loving, and loyal employers I’ve worked for. I can’t tell you, how many times the three of them have been out there busting their asses along side us.” Bill then nodded to Levie, grinning. “This one, from the time he was a young boy, would never complain about the hard work.

The Wilmont’s all smiled with pride, hearing about their new family members being held in such high regards.

Greg blushed, and nodded. “I didn’t do that much, Sir. I’m just thankful, my new brothers and my mate weren’t hurt any worse.”

Bill smiled, and again embraced the two boys. “Greg, please, call me Bill.”

Bill, Greg’s gonna be a fixture at the ranch.” Levie informed the experienced foreman. “Brandon, is my new brother, and Greg’s foster brother, and these are my Papa Tom, and Mama Linda. They’re Brandon’s parents, and Greg’s foster parents. They’ll be on site more as well. Please, pass that along to the other hands, I’ll make sure I do the same. Levie said, pointing out each individual as he introduced them.

Bill, was shaking everyone’s hand and giving them a welcoming hug “I’ll do that, once I get back there.”

I was supposed to start work at the real estate office tomorrow. However, after everything that’s happened, Uncle Ian said not to come in, until I felt ready. So, I’ll be on site, with our new family.” Levie and Bill chatted a couple minutes, before Bill left the center, but not without a parting hug for everyone, and Levie’s promise to keep him informed.

Levie and Greg went to check on the Bropop’s condition, and the other’s staked out a cluster of chairs in a corner of the waiting room. The couple were almost to the chosen corner, when it was Levie’s turn to be grabbed from behind. The difference was his hugger was able to lift the eighteen year old off the ground, and throw his squirming body over a strong shoulder. Adorable, high pitched squeaks escaped Levie’s lips. The red head looked down, and instantly knew who’d grabbed him. Levie started giggling uncontrollably, as he felt fingers gently tickling his sides. “No fair sneaking up on me Pap-Pah Lyle.”

The cute scene brought smiles to those who watched.

Once he’d been released, the young Stillman leapt into his Grandpa’s arms. The older man lovingly kissed his Grandson’s forehead, and smoothed the red locks. “I love you, sweet boy. Now, before I find out who’s ass I’m gonna kick for landing my boys in here, I need to properly welcome the new family members.”

Levie sniffed, and wiped his tears. “I’m sorry for not calling you, how’d you know to come here?”

Lyle tightly held his Grandson. “Uncle Stuart called, as soon as he heard the Bropops were on their way in. Don’t be sorry, my sweet angel boy.” Releasing Levie, the forty-four year old then faced his newly adopted family. With a big smile, he first wrapped his arms around Greg, and placed a loving kiss on the raven haired boy’s cheek. “You, my amazing Grandson, I’m forever in your debt. Your quick thinking saved both my son’s, and kept Jay’s blood loss at a minimum.”

Greg was shocked, being so lovingly embraced by one of the most respected people at his bank. “I was only doing what I could Mr. Moore, Sir.”

Lyle locked eyes with Greg. “Young man, if you call me Sir one more time, outside of the bank, I’m gonna put you over my knee, and let Lev spank you, till you start calling me any of the nicknames I’ve been given.” He gave Greg another warm embrace, then wrapped his arms around Brandon.

I take it you’re my new Pap-Pah Lyle.” Brandon giggled, and gave his own signature hug,

Lyle chuckled, and looked at Greg. “See, your brother learned fast.” The statement caused the whole family to breakdown with laughter. “Tom, Linda, I’m guessing you’ve been adopted as Lev’s new Papa, and Mama.”

Lyle, your family is so amazingly welcoming, and loving. It’s unlike anything we’ve experienced.” Tom said as he and Linda were given their own hugs.

Now, who’s ass am I kicking?” Lyle asked, as he was led by his three Grandson’s to the claimed corner.

Young Rambo’s already done that Grandpa.” Greg proudly stated, with his arms wrapped around his mate.

Levie began looking between his adopted family, his Grandpa, and finally, Greg. Suddenly, a thought came to him. “Umm Granddad, I believe you’ve got some explaining to do.”

Oh, good gracious me.” The elder Moore said in his best Gandalf impression.

Can it Pop, you can’t act all innocent with me. I know you had something to do with all of us coming together.”

Well, I might have had a slight hand in bringing you and Greg together. But, you did the rest, Grandson.” Lyle chuckled, and embraced Levie.

Greg was just coming around to Levie’s train of thought, as were his brother, and parents. He then turned, and looked at Lyle. “Mr. Sorry, habit. Pap-Pah, you started talking to me, around the time Mama, Papa, and Bran began talking about moving to Tennessee. That’s when you mentioned knowing someone who’d be the perfect roommate.”

Levie got up, sat on Lyle’s knee, and playfully kissed the man’s nose. “You, Poppa Lyle, are a hopeless matchmaker, and, I will always be grateful for it. You brought me and my soulmate together, as well as, my new family members. I guess you and Uncle Ian devised the idea of working in his office, as a way to get me into the city to meet Greg also.”

Guilty as charged, my angel. I never could get much past you, unlike your Bropops.” Lyle smiled, and hugged Levie, and then looked at Greg. “Greg, you attached yourself to my heart when we talked about your impending loneliness, and future lack of family in the area. So, knowing my three boys like I do, I figured you’d be adopted, the moment they met you.”

Greg got up, took Levie’s place on Lyle’s lap. Then gave his new Grandpa a hug, and kiss. “You’re my guardian angel, Grandpa Lyle.”

Jaycen & Stuart

No one noticed Jaycen standing just inside the waiting room door, with Stuart’s arm around his shoulders. “It’s beautiful, Uncle Stu. The family’s growing, and coming together.”

It sure is Jayce, and it’s mainly thanks to you, Troy, Levie, and your parents. You know, you three boys are just like them. I know they’re proudly smiling.”

Thanks Unc, I love you.” Jaycen buried his face in Stuart’s chest, embracing his favorite doctor.

Love ya too kiddo. Now, let’s go tell everyone what’s going on.”

Copyright © 2021 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

7 hours ago, VBlew said:

Great new chapter with the expanding family, hope that the MRI comes back ok.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

A couple people were asking me how Greg and Levie came to be roommates, and why Lev moved from the ranch. I'd been playing around with a couple avenues to explain that. One of them was just having Uncle Ian offer Lev the job in his realtor office. I was planning on Ian and his wife owning, and managing the complex where Greg lives, and Ian getting them together.

However, Lyle popped up, and it hit me, he'd be perfect for Troy's Dad, and Lev's "Pap-Pah". So, it then made perfect sense to combine him and Ian, to get the boys, and the two family's together. Especially, since he saved Tom and Linda from losing their entire life's savings.

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Grandpa Lyle was the perfect choice.  I love how the family is expanding under Lyle's guidance.  I have a feeling that when Lyle, Uncle Stu and Uncle Ian are in the same room you will hear some fun stories about the family's past.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Let's see...Granpap is 44 - Troy is 28 - that makes him 16 when Troy was born!  They start young in farming communities!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Hey, look at Dolly's parents. 12 kids by the time they were 35. Jayce and Lev's parents were in their mid thirties when Jayce was born, and mid forties when Levie came along. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

That wasn't a criticism - my grandmother was 16 when she had the first of her children - had all her pregnancies survived to term, she would have had 17 children (ten survived).  That was on my father's side.   On my mother's side, my grandfather's first wife died and left him with 7 children when he married my mother's mother (who died when my mother was 15 years old) and my mother was the last of 5 children with that wife - there were 30 years difference in age between the oldest child and my mother!

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, pvtguy said:

That wasn't a criticism - my grandmother was 16 when she had the first of her children - had all her pregnancies survived to term, she would have had 17 children (ten survived).  That was on my father's side.   On my mother's side, my grandfather's first wife died and left him with 7 children when he married my mother's mother (who died when my mother was 15 years old) and my mother was the last of 5 children with that wife - there were 30 years difference in age between the oldest child and my mother!

I didn't take it as one. So, no worries. You should've seen me trying to come up with Jayce, and Troy's parents ages. Especially, Jayce's, I had to get them right, so the explanation of Lev's brothers raising him, made sense. LOL

I graduated high school with a fourth grade math skills. LOL

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..