Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 354 Words
  • 2,440 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cabin Boys - 12. Chapter 12

Epilogue

Pete and Joey made a shack in the woods behind the chicken shed. It wasn't the same as the one on the farm but it was enough for Pete and Joey. Jim helped them and except for the outside, the inside was a copy of their old shack. Jim bought them bedrolls so they could sleep out there. According to Pete, the next project would be a platform in a tree. Whether Pete realized it or not, he was reliving the time with his grandfather.

With a little urging, Jim agreed to a garden. Without coming right out and saying it, Pete was creating a small version of the farm. They had chickens, they had a vegetable garden and Pete had his shack. In Pete’s eyes, all was well with the world.

Joey, being younger, was happy that Pete had decided to be adopted. He took care of the chickens and helped in the garden. If you wanted to know what vegetables Pete and Joey’s grandfather grew, just look into the boys’ garden.

 

Several years have passed and Pete, fully accepted Jim as his father and started to call him dad when he introduced him to his school friends. Much to Jim’s delight. He went on to the university and received a degree in agronomy. With his share of the money, he bought a farm, not far from Jim. Joey commented that he was beginning to look like his grandfather, to Pete, that was a compliment.

Joey, also went to the university and study veterinarian science, he became a veterinarian and opened an office next to Jim. Jim gave him a piece of land where he built a home and an office. He took a few chickens with him.

Jeff stayed as a close friend to Jim. He had a daughter, Jim told him he better keep his shotgun handy. She looked like her mother and Jeff understood what Jim meant.

Jim was happy. They still went to the cabin in the summer. Jim no longer hunted. The cabin was an opportunity to remember two boys being caught eating food that he and Jeff left behind.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 30
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just now, Ajbt2001 said:

Awww 

😀 Pete and Joey insisted I let everyone know that they are doing well and Dad Jim is very proud of them.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CLJobe said:

Who knows they may have their own story to tell

I was thinking the same thing what's the expression "Paying it Forward" I think it is. Great story.Thank you.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

This epilogue was a nice wrap-up to "Cabin Boys." You gave us enough bits and pieces that a follow up story is probably not necessary, but if one appears, I know I'll read it! Thanks for another heartwarming story! 

You are welcome.  Maybe I'll visit Pete or Joey in a few years and see how they are doing.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I was thinking the same thing what's the expression "Paying it Forward" I think it is. Great story.Thank you.

Thank you.  I have laid the ground work for two additional stories now if I have the time to write

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great ending to a really feel good story . Thanks once again

You are welcome. It was fun writing this story, Jim thought there wasn't enough events for a story. You, my readers, have proved him wrong. Now he has to eat crow. Joey will get a kick out of that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I LOOK FORWARD ALMOST DAILY, TO A CHAPTER OR TWO OF YOUR CURRENT STORIES, THEY JUST MAKE MY DAY BETTER SOMEHOW...............YOU HAVE IMPROVED MY LIFE !  STAN

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, DelrayDad said:

I LOOK FORWARD ALMOST DAILY, TO A CHAPTER OR TWO OF YOUR CURRENT STORIES, THEY JUST MAKE MY DAY BETTER SOMEHOW...............YOU HAVE IMPROVED MY LIFE !  STAN

Stan, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I write stories for my pleasure. It gives me a great joy when my readers respond and your response just made my day.  Thank you and God bless.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Two boys and one man who found each other, their way together in the world, grew up, and lived happily ever after! Loved this story!!! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
52 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Two boys and one man who found each other, their way together in the world, grew up, and lived happily ever after! Loved this story!!! 

thanks, I think you are a romantic, am I right

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Bft

Posted (edited)

A great end to a lovely story about these boys and their new dad 

Edited by Bft
  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Bft said:

A great end to a lovely story about these boys and their new dad 

Thanks, not many people would do what Jim did. 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, sixxone said:

A cute and enjoyable story! Well done.

thank you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/7/2022 at 11:57 PM, pickuptoy said:

Thank You! Excellent story! I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for reading and commenting 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..