Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 596 Words
  • 2,771 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Marco - 3. Chapter 3

Sunday after church, Mom rushed us home. I helped to do some tidying up. Dad decided to stay away after he selected the wine. Lunch was sandwiches and salad. Mom said to eat light since we would be having a big dinner. Now light for my mom wasn’t really light, soup, followed by sandwiches and salad. It doesn’t sound heavy until you see the size of the sandwiches.

After lunch, I decided to go for a run. I noted the address where the Nissons lived, and I ran in that direction. Running past their home, I saw one of the girls outside with a dog. I waved and kept running.

Returning home, I told Mom where I ran and seeing one of the girls. Showered, dressed casually, I went to see if Mom needed any help. She told me to get lost, well, not in those terms, but I knew she didn’t need help. I asked Dad if he needed help, he told me the same thing.

Usually, on Sunday, we would eat a big lunch, and dinner was leftovers. But today, dinner was going to be anything but leftovers. I could smell the odors coming from the kitchen, and my mouth began to moisten. “Mom, you sure you don’t need any help?” She laughed.

Four O’clock our guests arrived. I watched from the living room window as their car pulled into our driveway. I saw the girls and Mrs. Nissons get out of the back doors, which meant Karl and his dad were in the front. I saw Mr. Nissons get out. Karl must have driven. Then I saw this Nordic god get out. Tall, blond hair, not muscular like a weight lifter but slim with what appeared to be a well-developed body. As much as I could tell from looking at him fully clothed.

Mom and Dad went to the door to welcome them to our home. It was like old friends meeting again. Mom and Mrs. Nissons headed to the kitchen. Mr. Nissons and Dad went to watch the games on TV. That left me with Karl and the girls. Looking at Karl, he smiled and came to hug me. That hug confirmed he was physically fit. The girls came for a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Then the noise level rose.

For the next two hours, we reminisced about the time when they first lived here, then about what happened when they were gone. The girls kept interrupting, wanting to know more details. I suspect they liked teasing Karl a lot.

Over dinner, I found out that Karl will be going to my University in the fall. That led to a discussion of what I was majoring in and my plans. This led to Karl telling us what his plans were. He wanted to teach at a high school level. We discussed the pros and cons of getting his master’s degree and what it would require. I told them about what my master’s degree would entail and how many courses I would need. I also told him that there was a possibility of monitoring some classes when he would be in graduate school.

After a great dinner, Karl and joked about our language, that’s what he called it. We told his sisters how Karl tried to teach me Swedish, and I tried to teach him Italian. “Do you remember the words we made from both languages ?”

“No, not really. After you moved away, there was no one to talk with. Maybe we could learn some new words.”

A short chapter introducing Karl
Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 11
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well now, looks like Karl is taller and longer than this chapter!@!!!! 😁!!

Seriously, looking forward to more about the boys!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Karl makes a good impression.So he's going to Marco's University please tell me you're going to write a scene where Karl decks Vinny😆 Kidding.

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Well now, looks like Karl is taller and longer than this chapter!@!!!! 😁!!

Seriously, looking forward to more about the boys!!

I apologize for the short chapters. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great meeting, it seems that is a new beginning to a very old friendship, 

Yes, I'm sure Marco is happy that Karl entered his life at this stage

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great meeting. Karl sounds nice and hunky.

I met a "Karl" when I was in Sweden on business. I found them to be attractive young men.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Karl makes a good impression.So he's going to Marco's University please tell me you're going to write a scene where Karl decks Vinny😆 Kidding.

HMMM, I didn't think of that. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Jealous, who is this Karl? Does he pass the test for our man? Is he going to look after him? If I have to be jealous then it better be to a nice man that will look after our boy.

Loving it as usual:worship:

Update on my son, operation put back to 3rd week of the month as someone in the next bay had Covid; so now he is stuck in an isolation ward for the next 10 days and not allowed visitors at all..

Edited by Kev
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Kev said:

Jealous, who is this Karl? Does he pass the test for our man? Is he going to look after him? If I have to be jealous then it better be to a nice man that will look after our boy.

Loving it as usual:worship:

Update on my son, operation put back to 3rd week of the month as someone in the next bay had Covid; so now he is stuck in an isolation ward for the next 10 days and not allowed visitors at all..

Sorry to here that about your son. Hope he gets his op soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Kev said:

Jealous, who is this Karl? Does he pass the test for our man? Is he going to look after him? If I have to be jealous then it better be to a nice man that will look after our boy.

Loving it as usual:worship:

Update on my son, operation put back to 3rd week of the month as someone in the next bay had Covid; so now he is stuck in an isolation ward for the next 10 days and not allowed visitors at all..

Sorry about your son.  Prayers continue.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..