Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 700 Words
  • 3,994 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Marco - 1. Chapter 1

How many roads must a man travel to find a home? Marco, with two rejections, knew how many roads he had to travel to find someone to love. They say a third time might be a charm. It just might prove true for Marco.

 

—00--

 

“Let’s take a shower, and then we can get something to drink. It was a rough practice session.”

“I don’t think he pushed this much last year. This tournament must be a big deal for the coach.”

“I heard he has an opportunity to head up the athletic department at Uni. Maybe he thinks a good performance will land him the job.”

“If he gets the job, who is going to coach us?”

“Maybe Adam. He’s been coaching defense for some time now. That would be a promotion for him.”

Tony and Marco played on the University’s soccer team. They were teammates in high school and now at the University. Their relationship involved more than being teammates. They are also lovers.

Sitting at a table in the cafeteria, “Tony, have you thought about setting a date?”

“Not really. We still have two more years to go before we graduate. I think we should wait until then. Who knows, we may not be working in the same city.”

“I get the feeling you are not serious about what we agreed upon.”

“Well, there are still a lot of unanswered questions.”

“Hey, guys, what are you talking about? You look very serious.”

“Hey, Vinny, I was trying to get Tony to commit to a date for our wedding.”

“Why are you pushing so hard for this? If Tony doesn’t want to commit right now, leave him alone.”

I thought that was a good idea, so I got up and left them at the table. From now on, I’ll leave him alone.

When I got home, one look from my mother and she knew something was bothering me. It’s like mothers have a secret ability to determine that something is wrong just by looking at you.

“Here, sit down. I’ll get us a coffee.” Sitting two cups of coffee on the table, “I know something is wrong. Tell me what has you upset.”

My parents knew I’m gay and have been dating Tony since my Junior year in high school. They have been supportive.

“After practice today, I tried to get Tony to commit to a date for our wedding. He keeps stalling, and then Vinny showed up and said to leave him alone.”

“Did Tony say why he was reticent about setting a date?”

“No, he made some comment about what would happen after we graduated. We may have jobs in a different city or state. We had talked about that and agreed if that happened, then we would address the issue. I'm getting the feeling that he wants out.”

“Maybe a cooling-off period would be best. He will either conclude that he will work through this with you or go a different route. It wouldn’t hurt for you to give him his time. That may turn out best for you in the long term. Pushing someone into a binding commitment may be a cause for regret later. Give it some time. Let him be alone for a while and see how it goes.”

I hugged mom and went to my room. I still had some homework to do.

Sunday, we went to church. Usually, we would sit in the same row as Tony’s family. This time we sat in a different row on the other side of the church. Tony looked over, mouthed ‘hi,’ I mouthed ‘hi’ back. Vinny looked over and gave me a nasty glare. I ignored him.

Monday morning. I usually give Tony a ride to school. This morning I left a few minutes earlier and didn’t wait for Tony. He wanted his space, and he will get it.

Tony and I didn’t have any classes together. Usually, we would meet for lunch, and I’d wait for him to go home. Today, I ate lunch with a few of my classmates, and I didn’t wait to take him home. The rest of the week, I followed the same pattern.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 7
  • Wow 5
  • Fingers Crossed 5
  • Sad 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Your synopsis said something about the third time being a charm.Tony and Marco sounds like the first one. Normally I would say nobody is right or wrong here but I have to wonder if Vinny's nasty glare means something. Sounds like a classic story which I'm sure you will do very well on.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great start to the story. I think Vinny has something to do with Tony wanting a break from Marco. Unfortunately young love doesn't always last, so Tony is the first charm, we've two more to go.

Looks like we're in for another fantastic story.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Is Vinny related to the serpent from the Garden of Eden?

Seems he's like a snake to me, where does he get off with the attitude???

Tony should man up if he isn't happy moving forward!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
12 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Your synopsis said something about the third time being a charm.Tony and Marco sounds like the first one. Normally I would say nobody is right or wrong here but I have to wonder if Vinny's nasty glare means something. Sounds like a classic story which I'm sure you will do very well on.

Yes Tony is the first. For some reason Vinny don't like Marco. Maybe we will have a clue down the road.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
12 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great start to the story. I think Vinny has something to do with Tony wanting a break from Marco. Unfortunately young love doesn't always last, so Tony is the first charm, we've two more to go.

Looks like we're in for another fantastic story.

I think you may have something there. I don't think Vinny likes Marco

  • Like 4
Link to comment
11 hours ago, mfa607 said:

The beginning tells me there's much more to this story.  Looking forward to it!  Thank you, as always.

There is a question concerning Vinny's attitude.  Is he jealous?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Is Vinny related to the serpent from the Garden of Eden?

Seems he's like a snake to me, where does he get off with the attitude???

Tony should man up if he isn't happy moving forward!

Tony is intimidated by Vinny that is obvious. I like you comment, it brought a smile to my face

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Forget Tony, just send just send Marco my way:devil:, us brits know how to look after our men. Loving the story so far and looking forward to seeing how it develops. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Kev said:

Forget Tony, just send just send Marco my way:devil:, us brits know how to look after our men. Loving the story so far and looking forward to seeing how it develops. 

Are you falling in love with Marco?

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Interesting start to this story, I think Vinnie was put up to the setup, but good riddance if Tony did it once he will no doubt do it many times , Marco is in for a bit of a ride I think

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..