Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,728 Words
  • 2,234 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Marco - 13. Chapter 13

On my 29th birthday, I was awakened by someone knocking on my door. At first, I ignored it, but whoever it was, they were persistent. I immediately thought something happened to Mom or Dad. Putting on a robe, I went to answer the door.

Turning on the light, opening the door, expecting Dad or Mom, a young man was there.

“Hello, may I help you?”

“My name is Ephram Wight. I was told I had relatives living here.”

At first, I was surprised, and then I realized he spoke with an English accent. “Come in. The Wights do not live here anymore. Are you from England?”

“Yes.”

I remember reading that one of the sons of Ephram returned to England. I made coffee while we toured the downstairs. Over coffee, he told me his story.

“I always knew we had family in America. I remember as a boy my dad telling me about the family and our American cousins. As I grew older, I became interested in our family tree. Dad had some old records he said his great grandfather gave him. As they passed down through the family, each generation brought the records up to date. I was interested in our American cousins, and Dad decided I should travel to America and see if any of the family were still living here and if I could make contact with them. The records showed this to be the place, and so I headed here.”

“Have you made any arrangements for the night?”

“No, I was hoping that if the family was still living here, I could stay here.”

Now I needed to think, he seems harmless, and if he is a relative of the Wights, it would only be natural for him to think about staying here. I wonder what his plan would have been if there wasn’t a house here anymore.

“It’s late; I’ll show you the bedroom you can use. The only bathroom is here, and I’ll show you where it is in case you want to shower.”

I showed him the bathroom, and then I took him upstairs to one of the vacant bedrooms. Wishing him a good night, I went back to bed.

I awoke in the morning wondering if last night was a dream or not. Heading for the shower, I saw a pair of shoes in the foyer, and I knew I had a guest.

I started the coffee and went to take my shower, shaving, getting ready for the day. Walking into the kitchen with a towel wrapped around me, I was startled. Efraim was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee. Seeing me, he got up to get a coffee for me, and he was naked. Being gay, I took a good look.

“There are towels in the closet, and the shower is yours.” I watched as he smiled, walking toward the bathroom. I now had the privilege of seeing a bubble butt.

The thoughts that ran through my mind I hadn’t experienced since graduation. I took my coffee and headed upstairs to get dressed. When I came down, Ephraim was sitting at the table wrapped in a towel.

“I didn’t think about being naked when you came down this morning. I’m used to living by myself and didn’t think.”

“That’s okay. My parents are often visitors, so I always wear shorts when I come into the kitchen. What would you like for breakfast, eggs or hot cereal?” It was eggs with bacon and toast.

Over breakfast, we chatted, and I discovered that Ephraim wasn’t going to return to England. “I fought with my dad, so I stayed with a friend for a while. Then I got my place. My family didn’t want me to stay in England, so they said if they gave me money would I leave and go to America. I had read my family’s history when I was growing up, so I knew about Ephraim Wight and his family here. So I came and met you.”

I was concerned about why his family disowned him. “Ephraim, if you don’t mind telling me, what was your problem with your family?”

“My family was extremely religious, and I wasn’t.”

I felt there was something more than just that. I would take a chance and tell him I’m gay and my family has accepted me. If that is a problem for him, the door is there.

I watched his face as I said, “I’m gay, and my parents and friends have accepted me. I don’t know what I would do if they hadn’t accepted me.”

Watching Ephraim’s face as I said that. What I didn’t expect was the smile he had on his face.

“I am gay also. That is what my father found so objectionable and told me to leave. I moved in with my lover at the time, found out he was cheating, and left. I was on the street for a week when I saw my sister. She arranged the money for me to come to America. When I arrived, I had five pounds in my pocket. I started to walk west, and I arrived here by getting rides. I was afraid I would be asked to leave this morning. That is why you saw me naked; I hoped you might want to pay me for my body. I sold myself when I was on the street in London that one week before I saw my sister.”

I looked at him, and he had tears in his eyes. I was his last hope. If he didn’t stay here, there was no other place for him except the streets.

“Ephraim, if you are willing to help me run this place, you can stay here. I need someone to help repair the barn. I was thinking of getting a cow and some chickens as well as putting in a garden. What do you say?”

He looked at me as if he didn’t believe what he heard. Then he was on my lap, hugging me.

“You need to get dressed. If my parents drop by and see you running around with a towel, (which had dropped off) they will wonder what was going on.”

All of the clothes I have are dirty, and the only decent clothes I have is what I had on last night.”

Come with me, and I think I have some clothes you might fit.”

Picking up his towel, he followed me to my room. Going through my dresser, I had undershorts, a t-shirt, and socks for him. In my dresser, I had a shirt and a pair of pants. I watched as he dressed. He had a nice body, and I knew that he would add a little more muscle to his frame if he stayed. The shirt was a little large. He rolled up the sleeves, and the pants were too long. He rolled up the legs. It wasn’t perfect but would do until he got new clothes.

“Efraim, get your clothes, those that are rags get rid of, those that need to be washed bring to the laundry room. And make your bed.” I laughed as I said that. Mom used to say that to me when she called me for breakfast.

“Get dressed, and I’ll give you the tour.”

I went down to the kitchen and had another cup of coffee. I just sat down when Efraim came down dressed. “Grab a cup of coffee and follow me.”

Walking out the back door, “Marco, who cuts your grass?”

“I have two boys from the town who come out to cut the grass. They will come again in the spring.”

“I can do that.” I smiled

Passing the well, “Does the pump work?”

“Yes. Try it.”

He drank his coffee, filled his cup with the water, and drank it. “It’s cold.” I laughed.

Walking to the barn, I showed him the outhouse. “This is our emergency bathroom.”

We were laughing as we entered the barn. “I have had the roof repaired, and there are a few shingles which need to be replaced. I was thinking of raising chickens, and I would use a part of the barn for that.”

“Have you thought of other animals like a cow? I could milk it for you.”

The image of a gay guy pulling on the teats of a cow caused me to laugh. He looked at me with a strange look on his face. I pretended to be milking a cow. He caught on and broke out in laughter as well.

Leaving the barn, laughing, we walked the property line. He was surprised by the amount of land. “Who owns the property outside of the fence?”

“I don’t know, probably the county. I’ll ask around.” I wonder why he was interested in that land considering he had no money,

“If you got a plow for those riding mowers, we could plow up this land here, and we could grow some vegetables.”

I caught the ‘we’.

Walking back toward the house, my phone rang. “Excuse me, Hello Mom, what’s up? ...No, I haven’t started to cook anything for lunch. If you and Dad want to come over, come on over. ...Yes, two is okay for lunch. Mom, I have a guest. ...Yes, he is from England, and I’ll introduce him to you when you and Dad are here. ...Okay, see you at 2.”

“Was that your parents?”

“Yes, they are coming over for lunch. Sometimes I think my mother has a sixth sense. I’ll introduce you to them when they are here.”

“And they know you are gay?”

“Yes, I told them when I was in high school. My dad was okay, but I think my mom was more concerned, no grandchildren.”

“You are lucky. My parents threw me away.”

“I’ll share my parents with you.” He had tears in his eyes. I knew how lucky I was. Why does it take someone’s tragedy for a person to realize what he has taken for granted? Another person would give everything to be in his position.

Walking into the house, I stopped to put the wet clothes in the dryer. While doing that, I noted the sizes. Now, I have a job for Mom. She’ll love doing this. It’ll be like the times she shopped for me.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 20
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I truly find it amazing how so called religious people so easily toss kids that are different onto the street, I call them Sunday 1 hour people because that is the only real time they are so called religious, however this is one way to grow a family

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Is Ephraim lucky Number 3. It's certainly looking that way at that moment.

Mum will love shopping for him, she'll treat him like another son.

I think he might be. There is no question she will take to it as a duck takes to water

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, weinerdog said:

 Marco is not stupid or naive so I guess he has a gut feeling about Ephraim. I get that Ephraim thought his family still owned the house and Marco putting him up was a decent thing to do but to invite to stay around so soon? Like I said must be a gut  feeling .Plus Ephraim must be pretty hot maybe that's why after seeing him naked Marco asked him to stay LOL.

Could be right. I think Efraim is a little younger than Marco. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Chris L said:

Throw away kids aren't an option and a deep faith would be associated with no religion that taught that! :( 

No man can ever justify disowning their child. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Chris L said:

I think Marco's feeling is a little lower than the gut! LOL!!! 

Yes, it's amazing how some parts of the male anatomy has it's own mind. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, mikedup said:

I truly find it amazing how so called religious people so easily toss kids that are different onto the street, I call them Sunday 1 hour people because that is the only real time they are so called religious, however this is one way to grow a family

What is confusing for me, these Sunday morning christians (the small c  is intentional) can find justification in their book and then blame their action on the god they supposedly worship. Their fires will burn extra hot

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Kev said:

Coming from a church like that myself, I have had people literally tell me that I "need god more than anyone" because I was gay. I was thrown out of the church when I was raped (so loving... NOT! ! ! ! ! ). I worked hard to get back into the "FOLD"; but decided that I had to be myself. I came out, and not only did the X throw me out but so did all of my friends and the church to boot. They literally turned their backs on me. What hurt the most is my kids, never even thought that the church could be wrong... Oh I know how Ephraim feels.

The only kid that keeps in touch is the one that had heart surgery this afternoon. All went well, he's in ICU now. They'll be waking him at 6 this evening.

You don't get to choose what are, you don't get to choose who your heart belongs to. People should realize that if it is so wrong, then God must be wrong as he made me, who I am and I refuse to continue to be miserable (those years have gone). Loving the story:thankyou:

Many people act out of pity, pity of self not pity of their fellow man. They need something to bring attention to them selves so they bring the fire to the roast. The need for man to belong to a group is strong and when the only thing you can bring is a  loud mouth, that is what they bring.

I'm glad your son has had successful operation. I'll join you in praying for a speedy recovery.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I COME FROM IOWA , AND ALMOST ANY FAMILY WOULD OPEN THEIR HOME TO A FOREIGN STRANGER, AND VERY OFTEN THEY DO.  THIS LOOKS TO BE" A BARN BURNER " OF A STORY ! CHEERS  STAN

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, DelrayDad said:

I COME FROM IOWA , AND ALMOST ANY FAMILY WOULD OPEN THEIR HOME TO A FOREIGN STRANGER, AND VERY OFTEN THEY DO.  THIS LOOKS TO BE" A BARN BURNER " OF A STORY ! CHEERS  STAN

Yep. I am aware of the friendly farm people in Iowa. I'll bet any stranger staying at one of your homes left with his belly fulll as well. Thanks for the pat on the back.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/13/2021 at 7:08 AM, drsawzall said:

They say third time's the charm!

Third time's a chum with a 'bubble' bum. 🍑  😳  or is it more :hug::heart:?

 

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
On 9/13/2021 at 12:34 PM, Chris L said:

Throw away kids aren't an option and a deep faith would be associated with no religion that taught that! :( 

Religion is the root of all evil, you only have to look at what’s happening in Afghanistan at the moment to see it, such awful bigoted behaviour 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..