Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 242 Words
  • 2,644 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Marco - 16. Chapter 16

Summers, the house was full again, Efraim’s nephews and Karl Marco stayed with us. We did buy two horses, and Efraim fixed the buggy. Sunday afternoon, we would take the boys to the park. I was wondering how long before Efraim would want to adopt. Pastor Burry answered that question for us. He brought a young lad to us one evening. He was 14 years old, told his parents he was gay. His father tossed him out of the house. One of his ranch hands picked up the boy and brought him to Pastor Burry.

When Pastor brought him to us, the boy was crying. He looked at us. Efraim had him in a hug before I could say yes. I knew there was no way this young man was going to the streets. I could see the tears in Efraim’s eyes as he remembered how it was when he was on the streets in London.

 

Chris was the first. Over the years, our family grew as Pastor Burry brought boys to our home. The boys he didn’t bring, Efraim made it his mission, and there would be no street boys in our town.

 

The third time was a charm for me. Ten years have passed since Ephraim knocked on my door. Who said all good things come to those who wait. What they didn’t say, I would have to wait until he came from across the sea.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 33
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



5 hours ago, chris191070 said:

A great story, with a fantastic ending. So they ended up as a home for unwanted boys.

yes, Efraim would not let a boy experience what he did.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Thank you for sharing this with us!

you are welcome.  I wished there were more Marco's and Ephraim's

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Now that is doing something awesome with you lives.This is a rare story on GA in another sense in so many stories the Pastor is an evil fraud and that's proper there are a lot of them and they should be exposed but we we tend to forget the majority of them are not like that.You may disagree with a position a pastor take but if it come a place of good faith that you can live with that lucky for Marco and Ephriam this was a good pastor. Excellent story

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Thank you Cal for yet another great story that has a good happy ending.

A far as a sequel is concerned, well Marco and Ephraim are on 5 acres so there's room to expand, and it would have to include another house so the 1815 one is kept in its' original condition. Plus with Ephraim's sister, husband and two boys at least one more bathroom is a necessity. Perhaps Chris becomes a 'house father' in the new home?

Hope you're staying well, especially with more Covid cases popping up everywhere. Hope your 'situation' has allowed you either a 3rd Pfizer 'booster' or perhaps their new 'All in One' Flu+Booster.

Take Care and Stay Safe. We need you around, for your knowledge, history, empathy and great stories!

:heart: 🫂 :thankyou:

Tony (Anton)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Philippe said:

I gave it the tear…of happiness for the heartwarming ending.

Thank you

  • Like 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Terry P said:

I enjoyed this story, but I thought it could have gone a bit further.  It seemed to stop so abruptly.  Although it was a happy ending.

 

It could have, but it would have been another story. Maybe I'll pick it up in the future from the boy's view point

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Chris L said:

Karma has a way of filling our lives in ways we can never imagine. It always pays to be a positive example to the world and fill it with love and kindness. 

Kudos, my friend. Thank you

  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Now that is doing something awesome with you lives.This is a rare story on GA in another sense in so many stories the Pastor is an evil fraud and that's proper there are a lot of them and they should be exposed but we we tend to forget the majority of them are not like that.You may disagree with a position a pastor take but if it come a place of good faith that you can live with that lucky for Marco and Ephriam this was a good pastor. Excellent story

Thanks, I agree. There are good and bad in all professions. It's the hypocrisy in those of the religious faith, that is most repugnant

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Thank you Cal for yet another great story that has a good happy ending.

A far as a sequel is concerned, well Marco and Ephraim are on 5 acres so there's room to expand, and it would have to include another house so the 1815 one is kept in its' original condition. Plus with Ephraim's sister, husband and two boys at least one more bathroom is a necessity. Perhaps Chris becomes a 'house father' in the new home?

Hope you're staying well, especially with more Covid cases popping up everywhere. Hope your 'situation' has allowed you either a 3rd Pfizer 'booster' or perhaps their new 'All in One' Flu+Booster.

Take Care and Stay Safe. We need you around, for your knowledge, history, empathy and great stories!

:heart: 🫂 :thankyou:

Tony (Anton)

Awww Shucks, :blushing: Lately I have been writing short stories. I have one more story that I am editing that is more than 16 chapters.  I have two short stories I am in the process of writing now. A couple ideas rambling around in my head, not sure if they will ever materialize.

Yes, I will have the opportunity for the third shot. My normal flu shot isn't due until Feb. I believe the facility where I am is scheduling the third shot in October. I hope you are staying well and safe. Thanks for being a friend

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Kev said:

Absolutely in love with you mate, okay I mean your creative juices (you know what I mean!!). Yet again a fantastic story and totally in love with Marco and Ephraim; can't wait for the next offering. 

stay safe my friend:2thumbs::thankyou::2thumbs:

Thanks Kev. And you stay safe as well. Hope your son is doing well 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank you for another great story. I am someone said that this one’s over, but I know you’ll do more and I look forward to your great work.

Thanks again

frosty

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 9/17/2021 at 10:27 AM, mfa607 said:

Great story! Like you said, third time is the charm. Thank you!

you are welcome.  and thanks

  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Frostyvb said:

Thank you for another great story. I am someone said that this one’s over, but I know you’ll do more and I look forward to your great work.

Thanks again

frosty

yes, I am working on another story. I haven't decided if I should wait until the story is finished or post as each chapter is finished. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..