Jump to content
  • Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

    Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow. 

     

    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 604 Words
  • 616 Views
  • 16 Comments

Marco - 15. Chapter 15

Six months have passed. I was happy, and life became routine, running in the morning, breakfast, and then work. Mom and Dad would drive over on weekends for lunch, leaving enough food for dinner.

The mower arrived, and Ephraim selected an area for the garden. Every night when I came home, he had to show me what he had plowed or planted. I enjoyed these times with him.

I went to the feed store and bought two dozen peeps. Arriving home, I introduced Ephraim to his children. “Ephraim, I bought some peeps. We can keep them in the barn.”

“Are you trying to make a farmer out of me?”

“Your ancestor was a farmer. With the new mower and plow, you are busy making a garden, and every farm has chickens. You are a farmer, and it’s in your blood.”

“Next, you’ll probably want to buy a cow.”

The next day, Ephraim gave me a list of items I had to buy. “If you want to raise chickens, I need these items.”

I looked over the list, feed trough, water trough, wire for a fence, and posts. As I was leaving with the list, “Don’t forget feed for the chicks.” I smiled to myself as I left to go to the feed store.

 

Ephraim was becoming a good friend. I liked him but was I ready to commit. What if I made my move, and he rejected it like Tony? Maybe he has someone in England? Was I overthinking this? I can’t deny that I like him. I could see us being a couple. We have a lot in common.

I like Marco. He’s different then the guys I met in London. I wonder if he likes me. Maybe I should tell him. But if I do and he doesn’t like me, he may ask me to leave.

 

“Ephraim, where are you? Come and help me to unload the car.”

I watched as Ephraim came to the car. “Ephraim, is something wrong?”

“Marco, I think I should leave.”

“Why? Have I done something to make you leave?”

“No, Marco, you know I’m gay, and I think I’m falling in love with you. I’m afraid I’ll get hurt if I stay here. It happened in London, and I couldn’t handle it. With the money my sister gave me, I came here to forget.”

I looked at Ephraim, and I saw tears in his eyes. There was only one thing I could do. I grabbed him in my arms and kissed him. He looked at me with a surprised expression, and then he kissed me. I had a surprised look.

While we were kissing, I heard, “It’s about time.” There was Mom and Dad with dinner.

That evening after Mom and Dad left, Ephraim moved into my bedroom. My life took on a new dimension; I did have to agree to no cows.

Efraim sent a telegram to his sister telling her he was staying in America. He had found a home and someone he loved. Arrangements were made to be married. Pastor Burry agreed to marry us. We selected a date in September.

I sent invitations to my boss, friends and of course Karl. I wanted him to be my best man. Efraim sent a letter to his sister. She replied, asking if there was room in the house for her and her family. She was married with two children, both boys.

 

September 14th, the house was packed. Karl, his wife and son, Mary Beth, Ephraim’s sister, with her husband and two children. Karl’s parents stayed with Mom and Dad.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 23
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting chapter, a rapid progress of things between them and we find them married, congratulations are in order

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Discounting the first two months or so while Marco and Ephraim were getting use to the new living arrangements it took them about 4 months to realize they both like each other? But it's all good now.

Do the kids come over to mow the lawn or does Ephraim do it?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Chris L said:

And now the boys are walking around with smiles on their faces and no clothes in the kitchen! 🤣

Yes and I think you may have done that as well. 😀

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Kev said:

I love a wedding me... take it we are all getting invites. Mum must be chuffed about it. I'd love to find a house like that that we could turn around and make into a home, a one bedroom flat just doesn't cut it for some reason. :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: Loving the story.

Warning ... :off:

My son was out of bed and sitting up this morning, he sent a photo of all of the tubes and wires connected to him but he was smiling even though he looked shattered. The operation was a success, so the stress of the last few months has finally been lifted; he just needs to get well now.

Sometimes the cure is worst then the injury. I'm glad for you, your prayers have been answered. His recovery will take time, but he is on the road to being healthy again.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, drsawzall said:

If there isn't going to be a cow...how bout a goat!@!!!

Tongue Goat GIF

Maybe, goat cheese is good. Grandmother had a goat, learned how to make cheese, it was better then anything you could buy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, mikedup said:

Interesting chapter, a rapid progress of things between them and we find them married, congratulations are in order

it's been several months, long enough when you see each other every day.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

Discounting the first two months or so while Marco and Ephraim were getting use to the new living arrangements it took them about 4 months to realize they both like each other? But it's all good now.

Do the kids come over to mow the lawn or does Ephraim do it?

The kids still come over, Ephraim supervises

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Marco :heart: Ephraim and marriage follows after a AHA revaluation. But among the 'gifts' are Ephraim's UK sister + husband + 2 boys? We know the house is big enough, but does the husband bring 'baggage' in terms of his (CoE) values that causes some issues? Hopefully not, but let's see...

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 9/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, Kev said:

I love a wedding me... take it we are all getting invites. Mum must be chuffed about it. I'd love to find a house like that that we could turn around and make into a home, a one bedroom flat just doesn't cut it for some reason. :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: Loving the story.

Warning ... :off:

My son was out of bed and sitting up this morning, he sent a photo of all of the tubes and wires connected to him but he was smiling even though he looked shattered. The operation was a success, so the stress of the last few months has finally been lifted; he just needs to get well now.

Hopefully he is now on the mend, and it won’t be too long until he can come home. 🌈🤗

  • Like 1
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Bft said:

My son was out of bed and sitting up this morning, he sent a photo of all of the tubes and wires connected to him but he was smiling even though he looked shattered. The operation was a success, so the stress of the last few months has finally been lifted; he just needs to get well now.

Much good wishes and prayers 🙏🤞for your son's full and complete recovery. I'm sure he knows it's going to take work and LOTS of patience, especially the latter when he had great days with lots of energy and over does it a bit and then has to take it easy for a few. Maybe you can remind him off the tortoise & hare story, and that "Slow & Steady wins the race".

All the best!

Tony (Anton)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Much good wishes and prayers 🙏🤞for your son's full and complete recovery. I'm sure he knows it's going to take work and LOTS of patience, especially the latter when he had great days with lots of energy and over does it a bit and then has to take it easy for a few. Maybe you can remind him off the tortoise & hare story, and that "Slow & Steady wins the race".

All the best!

Tony (Anton)

My comment was a reply to Kev’s message 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..