Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 158 Words
  • 4,210 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Security - Prologue. Prologue

“Jim, have all of the arrangements been made for next week?”

“Yes, Chaz, I have reserved three rooms and the conference room. I think Dave was planning on going down on Friday night and Pete said he might go as well.”

“That’ll depend if Sarah’s folks can mind the kids.”

“You aren’t going, Chaz?”

“Yes, I’ll be there. Why did you think I won’t be there?”

“Jim hasn’t reserved a room for you.”

“I’ll be staying at my cottage.”

“Your cottage?”

“Yes, I own a cottage close to the ocean, I’ll stay there.”

“It must be nice to have money.”

“Pete, your wife’s family has a lot more money than I do. So don’t complain or bring up my monetary position. It isn’t your concern.”

I don’t know why but Pete has always made comments about my financial position. He could have done the same thing I did and he could have made the same money.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 6
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

33 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Interesting start to this New story, it seems like a bit of a competition between them

Yes there is and I expect we will see these confrontations more often.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Money ... Just what I always wanted :(shame it never happened. Oh well, interesting start. On to the next chapter.:thankyou: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kev said:

Money ... Just what I always wanted :(shame it never happened. Oh well, interesting start. On to the next chapter.:thankyou: 

What would you do with it?  Taxes takes most of it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Well now, a new and very different dynamic!! Am looking forward to the new story!!

I write stories that vary, some are gay and some aren't, but I hope everyone finds them interesting.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

The conversation is confusing. There seem to be (at least) three people talking: Jim, Chaz and Pete. I've reread it several times and still don't know who's saying each line most of the time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, frosenblum said:

The conversation is confusing. There seem to be (at least) three people talking: Jim, Chaz and Pete. I've reread it several times and still don't know who's saying each line most of the time. 

I am sorry that you are confused. This is a meeting between three men who will be going on a trip for business reasons when Pete enters the room and the conversation. I think as you read more of the story it will;l be less confusing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..