Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 317 Words
  • 2,324 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stephen - 24. Chapter 24 Epilogue

p>

 

Time in the village moves on but the village appears to stand still. The people grow old but their habits stay the same.

Jeppe has found a girl that doesn’t tease him. He was married in the church by the new pastor. The old pastor retired and the new pastor was installed when we had Lukas baptized. Stephen and Nohr stood with Jeppe and when they took communion, Stephen and Nohr were included.

“Nohr, do you see Michael?”

“Yes, He’s smiling. I saw him place a hand on Jeppe and Karen’s heads.”

“He was blessing them. I think Michael will be in their lives like He has been in ours.

We held a wedding celebration for them at the Tavern. For us it was a joy to see Jeppe so happy. I think Jeppe will always be in our lives and now Karen as well.

Lukas is looking forward to attending the Gymnasium. He is doing very well in school and is well liked. Nohr said he has a few admirers. He said he wants to be an engineer like his dad.

Aunty and John have been doing a lot of traveling and are considering buying a place in the village. They'll probably move when the lease is up on John’s apartment.

Jennick and his wife are doing quite well. He has fixed the roof and now has two cows, plus several chickens, which Lukas provided. He missed a few settings hens. Nohr wants me to teach Jennick how to sing to the cows. They seem happy and are expecting their first child.

Nohr and I couldn’t be happier. Looking into the sky, I saw Michael. He smiled and then he was gone. I knew that Michael would always be there for me, when I needed him. I’m not sure if Nohr saw him but I’m sure Lukas did as I heard him say, “Michael.”

I have enjoyed writing this and as all authors take certain liberties, I took my share. It is one of the neccities about creating fiction. I have enjoyed your comments and as always I have learned from them. Denmark is a beautiful country. I found the people there very friendly. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank you for a very good story the thing you do best is create characters the reader cares for.Perfect way to end it with Lucas saying "Michael".Now on to read The Scuffy

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

Thank you for a very good story the thing you do best is create characters the reader cares for.Perfect way to end it with Lucas saying "Michael".Now on to read The Scuffy

thank you.  I hope you enjoy Scuffy as well

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drpaladin said:

It was a nice ending. Thanks for sharing.

thanks for reading 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
CLJobe

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Hugsly said:

Thanks for another wonderful story.  I will look forward to your next one :) 

thanks for reading 

 

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great ending, thanks for a fantastic story 😀 

thanks for reading my story and for your comments,  if I told you Michael was my muse on this story would you believe me

😇

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I enjoyed the story except for Nohr.  He was a cipher - wish he would have been flushed out as a character.   Loved the happy multigenerational epilogue.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, GanymedeRex said:

I enjoyed the story except for Nohr.  He was a cipher - wish he would have been flushed out as a character.   Loved the happy multigenerational epilogue.

thanks

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I always enjoy your stories.  I haven't read them all, but have delighted in several.

You made Stephen - and Nohr and the many characters in "Stephen" - most endearing by so accurately telling of their lives, their trials and their triumphs.

Thank you for all the hard work you have put in to share with us - those who seem to only consume.  (We do make donations, occasionally, though!).

Thank you.

Dave

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, DaveinLA said:

I always enjoy your stories.  I haven't read them all, but have delighted in several.

You made Stephen - and Nohr and the many characters in "Stephen" - most endearing by so accurately telling of their lives, their trials and their triumphs.

Thank you for all the hard work you have put in to share with us - those who seem to only consume.  (We do make donations, occasionally, though!).

Thank you.

Dave

Thank you Dave. Stephen was a special story for me. Mu muse was Michael. Be assured he will be looking over your shoulder as well. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I really enjoyed reading this story! I think this is either the 3rd or 4th one that I have read. I do plan to read all of your stories. I just wish your chapters were a lot longer in each story. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, pickuptoy said:

I really enjoyed reading this story! I think this is either the 3rd or 4th one that I have read. I do plan to read all of your stories. I just wish your chapters were a lot longer in each story. 

Yes, you are not the only one who would like long chapters. Some of my newer stories have longer chapters. I'm glad to have you as a reader. I'll try and answer your comments as you read more of my stories..

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..