Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,381 Words
  • 3,320 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Boy by The Lake - 5. Chapter 5

“Do you know that boy over there? He keeps looking at you.” Toby started to laugh. He ran over and gave Ron a hug. A few other kids, patted them on the back as they passed. A couple of girls stopped and talked for a few minutes. You knew what they were saying, ‘where were you’.

Toby stopped at his locker, took out the books he needed, then we left the school. “Ron, do we have to stop at your house for anything?”

“Do you mind, I need to get clothes for the week-end and school on Monday.” That answer one of my questions, Ron will be staying until Monday morning.

I was glad we had gone shopping, the boys no sooner entered the house when they hit the refrigerator, glasses of milk and cookies were on the menu. I reheated a cup of coffee from this morning’s left overs.

“Boys, I know it’s only Friday but if you get to your homework, you’ll have more time to visit this weekend. Ron, I’ll show you a bedroom you can use when you’re here.” I noticed the look on his face when I said that. I’m sure he was hoping to sleep with Toby and I’m also sure he’ll end up sleeping with Toby, at least for part of the night.

“Uncle Jeff, can we use the office to do our homework?”

“As soon as I get a chance, I’ll remove my wife’s personal items and you can use that room as your office.”

The next morning I was tempted to ask if Toby had a visitor during the night but I didn’t. Knocking on his door, Toby are you walking with me this morning?”

“Not this morning, I was up late last night doing my homework.” I was tempted to knock on Ron’s bedroom door, but I didn’t. I dressed for my walk and began my morning trek to the lake. As I neared my bench, I noticed someone sitting there.

Approaching, “Good morning, I thought I was the only crazy person who walked at this time of the morning . I’m Jeffrey Madison.”

“Good morning, Richard Ellsworth, I enjoy morning walks, clears the mind.”

“Yes, it does. Is this your first time walking to the park?”

“Yes, we just moved here from Florida. My firm is opening an office here. Problem is my children don’t like the cold.”

“They’ll get use to it. We all do.”

We sat there in quiet when I saw the first streak of the sun rising. “In a few minutes you’ll see one of the greatest sights nature has to offer. I come here just for this moment.” We sat in silence as the sun rose, it never fails to produce a brilliant display of color as the sun breaks the horizon.

“That is beautiful.”

“Yes, well I need to get back home and start breakfast. I hope to see you tomorrow morning.” We said goodbye, I left to go home to begin breakfast.

Arriving home, the boys were still sleeping. I started the coffee and waited to see what the boys would want for breakfast. I didn’t have to wait long. The aroma of the coffee must have awaken them. They came down in their robes, still looking sleepy. I got a sleepy hug from Toby, I think he has fully accepted me as his uncle. I hugged him back.

“Morning boys, what would you like for breakfast? Toby, are you awake enough to make your coffee and perhaps one for Ron.”

Toby looked at Ron, “Cereal will be fine.” He went and got out a box of cereal, two bowls, two glasses and two coffee cups. I set out the milk, orange juice and a small bowl of cut up fruit. I made toast for myself.

They were quiet as they proceeded to fix their breakfast. “How much of your homework were you able to get done last night?”

“I finished all of mine and then helped Toby with his. He was still working on it when I went to bed.”

“I have about another 4 hours to finish up with what I missed and then about 2 hours to finish the current assignments. I’ll start on that as soon as I wake up.”

“Why don’t you relax this morning and start back on your homework after lunch.” I saw he was too tired to continue and what would take him one hour will end up taking him two to three hours.

I sat at the table with them while they ate. I noticed the sly looks they gave each other and I knew they spent some time together in bed last night. Teenager hormones cannot be arrested.

“After lunch and if you’re caught up with your homework, what say we go to the movies and then have dinner at a restaurant.”

Toby looked at me as if to say, ‘can we decided later’. I guess he was still tired from staying up late last night. I chuckled to myself, although no fault of his, one must pay for their unfortunate circumstances. I was glad Ron was helping him, even if the teachers would think it was cheating. “Go back to bed, I'll call you when lunch is ready.”

While they went back to bed, I began to remove Clair’s personal belongings from her office. I wasn’t sure what to do with them, so I took them to my room. What I couldn’t place in the room, I put away in a closet drawer.

 

“Toby, how did you end up here?” Ron was snuggled against Toby and didn’t understand how Toby came to stay with Uncle Jeff. He rationalized why he wasn’t home, he was there when the men came to get his things.

“After my dad told me to leave, I didn’t know what to do. I had a few dollars and that was it. The first night I stayed in an all night laundry. When I went there the second night, the owner came in and told me I couldn’t stay there. I had no place to stay. I didn’t know what to do, I already made up my mind I wasn’t going to sell my body to live. I went to the lake, which is close by and contemplated jumping in and ending it all. I was about to do it when Uncle Jeff came up to me. I think he knew what I was thinking. He placed this fur coat around me and led me to a bench by the lake. I was crying and I was scared. He walked me to his home, sat me in front of the fireplace, made a coffee for me. He fixed breakfast, I know he knew I hadn't eaten. I had the biggest plate of scrambled eggs I had even seen. When I was finished eating, he led me to this bedroom and told me I could stay here. At first I was scared, I still thought he brought me here for sex. He told me to take a hot shower and put my clothes outside of the door. I did that, then I was so tired, I went to bed. He came into the room and I thought this was it, but he placed another blanket on the bed and left. When I woke, I put the robe on and went downstairs. He fixed chicken soup and sandwiches. He gave me my clothes, I knew then that sex was not on his mind. I had found a home.”

Ron thought about what Toby was saying. He realized how close he came to losing the guy he loved. “You know what’s on my mind?” Ron decided that he wasn't going to lose Toby if he could help it.

“Yes,” what followed wasn’t sleep. It started with a kiss and that kiss was going to head south. Neither boy had done anything beyond kissing, but now that Ron realized how close he came to losing Toby, he was ready to go further. What started as a simple kiss became a lot more.

Cuddling both boys fell asleep. They were awaken by Jeff calling them to lunch. Showering together took a little longer as there were new toys to play with.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 41
  • Love 26
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



4 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Good for Toby for the decision he made about not selling himself.While we all know the obvious reasons not to do that if some kid who's put in the same position Toby was does do that I don't judge them harshly there for the grace of God.I'm assuming there's a reason you have Jeff meeting Richard Ellsworth that should be interesting.BTW useless fact here there was former MLB pitcher with that name

I didn't know that about the MLB pitcher. I remember when Baseball was number one, today it seems football has taken over, at last among my friends.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

I think I'm going to disappoint you all.

I'm not sure what you thought I was thinking.He did mention his kids so I did think of that

  • Like 4
Link to comment

i wonder what the new character is bringing to the story? Wonder how old his kids are e.g. do they go to school with Toby, etc?

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Excellent chapter! Ron was pretty direct with his questions and with his romantic feelings, Toby realizes how closely he came and how incredibly lucky he is to have Jeff and Ron in his life. I am sure that Jeff is aware of how important Ron is to Toby and his recovery from his traumatic experiences. It is amazing that a teenager would have the moral fortitude to decide not to resort to selling himself to survive. He is also fortunate that he did not have to make the decision about suicide since Jeff arrived at the right time. The new character who just moved in I suspect that the firm is probably associated with investments and is in need of qualified candidates.  I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😢❤️

  • Like 5
Link to comment
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Toby and Ron are good for each other.

Yes they are, I think this will be a case of puppy love lasting a long time

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, it would seem that their circle of friends is going to expand , meeting people at the lake is a great starting point

Yes, but their circle of friends will grew even more and from strange places, well not really strange but I gave a hint from where

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Chris L said:

Young love, such a beautiful thing. Like the sun rising, "the greatest sight nature has to offer!" I anticipate Jeff is old school and doesn't want his home turned into a brothel, but who couldn't support young love between two young men that's obviously in love with each other? Guessing this is exactly what got Toby tossed to the curb initially but undeniably, Ron is not only a lover but also a confident to be trusted. I'm not sure many teenagers or adult are comfortable just telling someone they were contemplating suicide the way Toby shared it with Ron. I'm pretty confident Jeff also realizes that with Ron being there, Toby will heal and adjust more by having those around him that love him and there's no question that Ron and Jeff both do. 

The thing that surprises me m most about people, especially older people, is their uncanny way of evaluating the sincerity of young people. The relationship between Toby and Jeff, will get stronger.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Buz said:

i wonder what the new character is bringing to the story? Wonder how old his kids are e.g. do they go to school with Toby, etc?

Mr. Ellsworth will be a "Passing friend" his role in the story is a friend to Jeff, sharing the sun rise

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, flesco said:

Excellent chapter! Ron was pretty direct with his questions and with his romantic feelings, Toby realizes how closely he came and how incredibly lucky he is to have Jeff and Ron in his life. I am sure that Jeff is aware of how important Ron is to Toby and his recovery from his traumatic experiences. It is amazing that a teenager would have the moral fortitude to decide not to resort to selling himself to survive. He is also fortunate that he did not have to make the decision about suicide since Jeff arrived at the right time. The new character who just moved in I suspect that the firm is probably associated with investments and is in need of qualified candidates.  I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😢❤️

I think Toby's relationship with Ron had some influence on his decision not to sell himself. I also think the concept to Toby wasn't acceptable to the extreme.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 9/24/2020 at 2:05 AM, CLJobe said:

The thing that surprises me m most about people, especially older people, is their uncanny way of evaluating the sincerity of young people. The relationship between Toby and Jeff, will get stronger.

I believe the old adage comes into to play here = "with age usually comes wisdom"!  Not always - but frequently!!  Regardless, I believe the love between the boys will only grow stronger because of the circumstances of Toby's new life!!  Ron seems very protective - and that's a wonderful quality!!  I am thoroughly enjoying this story!  Thanks CLJobe.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I'm wondering why Jeff didn't ask Richard what type of work he does or what firm he works for. Those are typical getting to know someone questions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

I'm wondering why Jeff didn't ask Richard what type of work he does or what firm he works for. Those are typical getting to know someone questions.

I think Richard was a casual friend. Someone to speak to, in a friendly manor, more of an acquaintance rather than a close friend.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, CLJobe said:

I think Richard was a casual friend. Someone to speak to, in a friendly manor, more of an acquaintance rather than a close friend.

You and Jeff apparently aren't as curious (or nosey) as I am.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 9/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, drpaladin said:

You and Jeff apparently aren't as curious (or nosey) as I am.

I have the same problem with my husband, he says something about someone and I ask a question and he says I didn’t ask them that, it’s frustrating as hell as sometimes it’s a question that should be asked, a friend of ours has just bought a new home with her girlfriend, I asked Sam how much did they pay for it, and he said I didn’t ask her, 2 bed mid terrace in Newton an inner western Sydney suburb would have been expensive, but the girls have done well in moving up the property ladder. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Bft said:

I have the same problem with my husband, he says something about someone and I ask a question and he says I didn’t ask them that, it’s frustrating as hell as sometimes it’s a question that should be asked, a friend of ours has just bought a new home with her girlfriend, I asked Sam how much did they pay for it, and he said I didn’t ask her, 2 bed mid terrace in Newton an inner western Sydney suburb would have been expensive, but the girls have done well in moving up the property ladder. 

I'm nosey, if I can ge away with it. Some people make it quite plain, no questions.  There are some questions I would liker to ask but it wouldn't be polite

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Loving this story and I am pleased that the boys are back together again🌈❤️

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..