Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,715 Words
  • 1,942 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 1. Chapter 1

I heard Amanda honk outside. We were going to start going to school together. Amanda and I weren’t exactly the best of friends before Dylan Summers came to town, but we weren’t enemies either. I guess you could’ve called us acquaintances. Anyway, every since Dylan became a part of our lives, we’ve been super close.

I got into Amanda’s old boat and said hello with a kiss on the cheek. She drove off and this was officially the first day of our senior years. The only downside was that Dylan was here with me. I think Amanda agreed. They’d become great friends too.

Of course, at first they weren’t such good friends because Amanda had a thing for him, but he was gay so he obviously didn’t have a thing for her. She was bummed out about that, but quickly got over it. Now they’re like best friends. I think if it wasn’t for me, she would be his best friend.

Yes, even though we’re boyfriends, Dylan and I are still each others best friends. Some people (my sister, Susan) thought it was a bit weird that we were best friends before anything.

“You should always have a best friend other than your boyfriend.” She says. “Otherwise who will you talk to when things go wrong with your boyfriend.”

I guess she’s right, but I can’t help it. We just have so many things in common that it’s hard not be best friends.

We walked into Meek High School and everyone was staring at us. No, they were probably staring at me. Not only did Blake probably blab to everyone that Dylan and I were hugging so tightly and we weren’t exactly discreet when were kissing in the middle of town. If anyone saw, they probably knew that I was gay.

“They’re all staring.” I said to Amanda.

“Who cares. Let them stare. You’re happy with Dylan right?”

“Of course,” I said proudly.

“Well, then what does it matter what they think?”

I took a deep breath. “You’re right.”

We passed groups of people, most staring, some seemed to not really care. One group of people however did more than just stare.

“Aw, look it’s the fagot. Looks like you don’t have your little butt boy here to protect you.” said Blake.

“Blake, just leave him alone.” said Amanda.

“Amanda, do you seriously approve of this faggot living in our town?” Blake asked Amanda, disgusted.

“Blake, stop being a Neanderthal. Leave us alone.” said Amanda, wincing her eyes at him.

“Aw, do you like this fag too?” Black mocked. “Didn’t your last crush on a faggot teach you that you’re just not good enough?”

I saw the tears start to swell up in her eyes. She ran off so Blake wouldn’t see her cry. I ran after her. I heard Blake laughing with his flunkies in the distance.

I found Amanda in a corner alone. I walked up to her.

“Don’t let that asshole get to you Amanda. His opinion doesn’t matter.”

“But it still hurts…because he’s right.”

“Amanda, of course you’re good enough. One day you’ll meet a guy that’s, that’s 100% straight and loves you to pieces.”

“No, I meant…I meant he’s right about me getting crushes on guys that I can’t have.” She started to wipe her tears. “When I started to like Dylan, for some reason I knew that I couldn’t have him. I didn’t know that he was gay. I guess something just gave me a feeling that he was never gonna like me the way I liked him.” She paused. “I guess it started with Blake too. Sure, I was with him for a while, but I knew that it could never work out with us. He’s too much of an asshole to people. I hate that.”

“Amanda, you can’t beat yourself up about this. You’ve just got to put it behind you and keep going.”

“You’re so sweet. Why are all the good ones gay?”

“Oh, so that when all the straight guys hurt you, you have someone to comfort you.”

She started to giggle. “Thanks.” She smiled and hugged me. I squeezed back.

“Now, don’t let a complete douche bag like Blake turn you into a bowl of jelly.” I said. “Now get up and be the fabulous woman that I know you can be.”

“Aren’t those words to live by.” There came a voice from behind us.

I turned around and saw Alec Trainer.

“Hey Alec.” I said.

“Hi, sorry for the water works.” said Amanda.

“Hey, it’s not a problem. Andy, can I talk to you for a sec?”

“Sure,” I said. I turned back to Amanda. “Are you gonna be okay?”

“Oh yeah, go ahead.”

I started to walk with Alec. He led me some kind of a private room.

“What’s this all about? I haven’t talked to you in a while.”

“I know. I just…I wanted to say that you are so much of an inspiration to me.”

“What? What do you mean?”

“I mean, you…coming out and all that. It inspired me to do the same thing. I came out to my parents because of you and…and they were so cool.”

“Oh, well, that’s good. I’m, ah, I’m proud to say that I had a part in something as special.”

“My friend Davis, he wants to thank you too. He came out because of you too.”

“Wow, I didn’t know coming out would be such a big deal.” I said.

“Oh yeah. Up until you came out, the only one who knew that I was gay was Davis, and it was the same for him. Actually, we ran into each other at a gay bar in town. That’s how we knew.”

“So, are you guys, like, together?”

“Oh, oh no. We’re just friends.”

“Yeah, I know how that goes.” I said, wanting laugh, but I controlled it.

“Well, that’s all I wanted to say.” he said and the bell rang.

“We should get to class anyway,” I said.

* * *

Classes were normal, I guess. The teachers looked at me kind of funny, but I didn’t really pay any attention. I just got through the day as quickly as I could.

“How was your day sweetie?” asked my mom as I plopped myself on the couch.

“Ugh, okay I guess.” I said, looking around. “Where’s Susan?” She was usually in the kitchen snacking on something by now.

“She’s at Kayla’s. They’re doing homework together.”

“Oh, I saw her brother today.” I said. “He told me that he came out to his parents because of me.”

“Because of you, why?”

“Well, news of me traveled pretty fast in this town. I think it was Blake. He saw Dylan and I hugging. Anyway, um, he said that I inspired him to come out.”

Mom sat next to me. “Oh Andrew, that’s wonderful. I’m so proud of you.”

“I didn’t do anything. I mean, my coming out wasn’t even that special. You already knew remember.”

“Of course your coming out was special. You’re special.” said mom, trying to butter me up for something.

“What you want mom?”

She took a deep breath. “Okay, well, I need to go out of town tomorrow to see your aunt. I need you to watch your sister.”

I sighed. “Of course. You can always count on me.”

“Oh, honey.” She kissed me on the cheek. “I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

“Well, I’ve got to go mom.”

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t know. Somewhere to get my mind off of things.” I said.

“You miss Dylan don’t you?” She said in the worried mom voice.

“Mom, I’m not about to discuss this with you.” I got up and started towards the door.

“Okay, I just thought that I’d try.”

“I’ll be back in time for dinner.” I said and I left. I just went for a walk. I ended up on the hilltop where Dylan and I watched the fireworks on the Forth of July. That was when I was 100% sure that I was in love with Dylan. I had a feeling that I was before that, but there was just something about that moment that helped me see how incredibly wonderful he is.

“Hey,” I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and Alec was walking up to me. He sat down next to me. “Whatcha doing?”

“Thinking.” I answered.

“About what?”

“I just miss someone a lot.”

“I’m sorry. It’s hard to loose someone. But my mom always says that death is a part of life.”

“No, I miss someone who moved away.”

“Oh,” Alec blushed. “Sorry. So…this someone who moved away…a friend?”

“No…my boyfriend.”

“Oh, I see…” He let his words hang.

“In fact you might have met him. He spent about three months here. His name is Dylan.”

“Oh, oh yeah I met him. He was the only one brave enough to stand up to Blake Jensen…He was a really cool guy.”

“Yeah, he’s the best. He’s far more cool than I could ever be.” I knew it was true.

“What? You’re crazy. Of course you’re cool. Maybe even cooler, who knows. Is there like a cool meter than we can use?”

He made me laugh. I hadn’t laughed, truly laughed since I last saw Dylan. “I just really miss him. He was only here since June, but…it was as if he were here for a lifetime.”

“He’s a really lucky guy.”

“No, I’m the lucky one. I mean, all he had to do was pop Blake in the stomach and he was instantly the cool guy in town. Me, I had to come out, but that doesn’t really make me cool to everyone. To some people I’m the fag, or the weirdo. I just wish Dylan was here. At least then it would be a little tolerable.”

I looked at the sun and realized that it was getting late. I pulled out my cell and looked at the time. I was going to be late for dinner.

“Sorry, I’ve gotta go. I’m gonna be late for dinner.”

“Let me drive you.” said Alec.

“How do you know that I didn’t drive myself?” I asked.

“Well I didn’t see a car.”

“Oh…right. Thanks, but…I’d rather walk.”

“Okay…that’s fine.”

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..