Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,936 Words
  • 1,364 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 4. Chapter 4

“So, what did he say?” asked Jasper.

It was the morning after I asked Andy to come to the wedding with me. We were in the English Lit class that we had together. We were supposed to be paired up working on a paper about the book we’ve started to read called Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.

“He said yes, but he had to ask his mom. She said it was okay as long as he didn’t miss any school.”

“Well, that’s great. I’m taking Steph and you’re taking Andy. It’ll be a real party.”

“Yeah, it should be a real…blast.” I let out sarcastically.

“Oh come on. Our family’s not that bad. They’ll love Andy.”

“Either that or they’ll hate the fact that they’ve got a fag in the family.”

“Well, yeah you’re right, but that’s the same with any family. It’s a total coin toss.”

* * *

It seemed like it took forever for Friday to arrive. The days went long and the nights were longer, but eventually Friday arrived and all day at school I was anxious for the day to end.

“What’s got you so happy?” asked Marc during lunch.

“Andy’s coming today.” said Jasper before I could even answer.

“Oh…cool.” said Marc.

“So, are you planning a big romantic weekend?” asked Steph.

“We’re going to a family wedding.” I said. “But it’s okay. It’s been weeks since I’ve seen him.”

“Hey, maybe you should get one of those little camera to camera things so you can see each other when you talk. It’ll be a cool present for when he gets here.” Jasper suggested.

“Oh shit, that’s a great idea! Do you mind if we stop at the electronics store before we go home?”

“No, no not at all.”

When we got to the electronics store, they had an array of cameras. But, I wanted the best so we could get the best quality.

“Can you hurry up and choose? At this rate, Andy will get to our house before we do.”

“I just wanna make sure that I get the best.” I said, concentrating on the varieties of cameras.

“You’ll have to work double shifts at that burger place you work at just to pay for this.”

“So, it’ll be worth it if I can actually see Andy when we talk.”

“Oh God, you guys are so in love that it makes me sick.”

“You’ll know what I’m going through if you’re ever separated from Amanda.”

“Whatever. I’m not even sure if I love Amanda. We haven’t been together that long.”

“Well, Andy and I were together for five minutes and I knew that I loved him. It’s just something that you feel.”

“Well, maybe I don’t have the instincts that you do.” said Jasper.

I picked out two of the same camera for me and Andy.

“Finally.” said Jasper. “Can we get going now.”

“Yeah, yeah….let’s go.”

I paid for the cameras and we were on the road back home. He pulled into the house and a car that we’d never seen before was parked on the curb. I asked Jasper if he knew the car, but he didn’t.

We walked into the house and saw Jeff and Kat talking to a man and a woman. We stood silently as they looked at us and we looked at them.

“Oh, boys, you’re home.” said Kat.

“Um, maybe I’ll go and pick up Kale and Sean from school.” I said.

“No, stay for a minute. We need to tell you something.”

We walked into the living room for them to tell us whatever was going on.

“This is Brody Carter and his wife Marcy. It turns out that…that Brody Jeff’s older brother and, and your mom’s, Dylan.”

I stayed silent. So did Jasper. Neither of us seemed to know what to say.

“Look, I know that this is a shock for you, but...it’s true.” Kat paused. “Your grandmother had Brody when she was young and decided that she was too young to be a mother and put him up for adoption. He’s just found out about it for himself a few weeks ago. He flew here from Nebraska to find Jeff.”

“I don’t mean to cause any trouble with your family. I just…I felt that I needed to know my blood relatives.” said Brody.

“Well, that’s your right isn’t it?” I asked. “I’m gonna go and pick up the twins. Then I have to pick up Andy at the bus stop.”

“Okay, Jasper are you going with him?”

“No, I think I’ll stay. I’m supposed to call Steph in ten minutes.” said Jasper.

I walked over to Brody and shook his hand. “I guess I’m your nephew. The name’s Dylan. I’m sorry I can’t stay. I just have a bunch to do.”

“That’s alright. We’ll be here in town for a while. There’ll be plenty of time.” said Brody.

“What’s in the bag, Dylan?” asked Kat.

“A present for Andy.” I said. “I’ll be back.”

“Who’s Andy? Is there another nephew I don’t know about?” asked Brody.

“Oh, no…” I laughed nervously. “He’s my boyfriend.”

“O-Oh…I see.”

“Yeah, he’s coming to stay for a few days. He lives in another town.”

Brody looked at me confused.

“It’s a long story.” I said. “Maybe I’ll tell it when I get back.”

I quickly left and went to pick up the twins. They bickered and laughed in the back while I drove to the bus station.

“Where the hell are we going?” asked Sean.

“We’re going to pick up Andy. He’s coming to the wedding.”

“Shit, that’ll be interesting.” said Sean. “Why would you put yourself through something like that.”

“Leave him alone Sean. He deserves to be happy just like everyone else. And if bringing Andy to the wedding makes him happy then he has that right.” Kale stepped into my defense.

I parked at the bus station. The bus was due to arrive in five minutes. As we sat and waited, I turned up the volume on the CD that I was playing. The Mars Volta.

“What the hell is this music?” asked Sean.

“Shut up and listen.” I said. “I’m not gonna change it.”

Sean pouted in the back, but I think Kale liked the music because he was kinda bobbing his head to it.

The bus pulled up and I could feel my heart started to pump faster and faster. I could feel my pulse in my throat as people started to pour out of the bus. I saw Andy step out of the bus and my eyes started to tear. I couldn’t run out of the car fast enough.

I ran into Andy arms and picked him up and spun him in the air. I’ve never held anyone so tight. It’s only been three weeks, but it felt like a lifetime since I’ve seen him.

As soon as I put him down our lips touched without even one word. Our hands were all over each other. Andy is like an addiction for me and I was getting my fix.

“Oh my God, I missed you so much.” I said, not letting go of him.

“Me too. It feels so good to hold you.” Andy started to look around and laughed.

“What?” I asked.

“Everyone’s staring.” he said with a smile.

“It’s ‘cause they’re jealous.” I said with a smile and we kissed again. “Let’s go. Oh, Kale and Sean are in the car. I just came from picking them up from school.”

“Cool.” he said. He took my hand and we walked to the car. We got in, Andy said hello to the boys and we were off. Andy tapped his hand on the dash to fast chaotic sound that is The Mars Volta. I watched his every move from the corner of my eye. I didn’t want to miss a thing. He’d changed a bit since I saw him last. He put highlights in his hair. They looked blonde. When we got to the house, Brody’s car was still in the driveway.

“Boys go one inside. Andy and I are gonna talk out here for a bit.” I said.

“Okay, don’t swallow each other’s tongues.” said Sean as he got out.

“So, how have you been?” I asked running my hand up and down his arm.

“Is that really what we stayed behind for?” he asked.

“No, I just wanted to tell you that there’s this guy inside. He’s supposedly my uncle. My grandma gave him up for adoption or something.”

“Whoa, that’s sudden.” said Andy with his eyes wide in shock.

“Yeah, well, I said that I was going to pick you up before I left. He asked me who you were so…I told him.”

“So, you dropped the gay bomb on him before you even knew him?”

“Well, he asked.”

“Well, you could’ve avoided the question.”

“Whatever. I don’t want to argue about this. Can we just go inside?”

“Yeah,” he said taking a deep breath.

He got his bag from the back and we walked inside. He was greeted by Kat with a hug and by Jeff with a sturdy handshake.
Brody and his wife stood in the background shifting their weight.

“Andy, this is Brody and Marcy Carter. Mr. and Mrs. Carter, this is my boyfriend Andy.”

Andy shook hands with the couple and then it all got a bit awkward.

“Well, we’ve got some catching up to do.”

“Oh no you don’t. You’ve got to pack for the wedding. We’re leaving in an hour,” Kat ordered.

“But-”

“No, buts. Now go pack.”

“Come on.” Andy said softly. “Let’s get it over with.”

Andy kissed me on the cheek and led me to my room.

“So, how long are we going to be in Seattle?”

“Well, tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday morning.” I answered, folding my clothes into my suitcase.

“How are we getting up there?”

“The family is going to take the bus. Me and you are going to drive up there so we can have the car while we’re there.”

“Cool, so I do get to be alone with you.” said Andy with a smile.

“Actually, we’re getting our own hotel room.”

“Really?!” His eyes opened wide.

“Yup,” I said with a grin. “Jasper was really jealous too. Of course he doesn’t get to share a room with Steph. Nope. She’s sharing a room with Kat and Jeff, and Jasper is stuck in a room with the twins.”

“Wow, sounds like we hit the jackpot.”

“I don’t know about that. I just think that they all know that we can get kind of…personal, even when there’s people around and they wanted to give us some space so that personal behavior has personal space to happen in.”

“Well, whatever the reason, I still get to be in a room alone with you.”

I finished my packing and took my suitcase to the living room. Brody and Marcy were saying their goodbyes. Jeff was apologizing that we couldn’t stay with them and the Carters were assuring him that it was alright. I said goodbye to Brody and Marcy and so did Andy.

Andy and I went to the couch. It was as if it was a reflex, but I immediately put my arm around Andy and he just as simply rested his nestled his body into mine. We watched as Brody and Marcy walked out of the door. Jeff and Kat hugged and then came to the living room where we were.

“Did you get packed?” asked Kat.

“Yes…” I droned.

“Good, help your uncle Jeff pack the car.”

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..