Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 988 Words
  • 1,150 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 14. Chapter 14

“Okay, let me get this straight.” said Jasper. “The guy cheats on you and…you just take him back just like that?”

“I love him, Jasper. I couldn’t do anything else.”

“You could’ve done what you said you were going to do. You could’ve not jerked around my best friend.”

“Wait, what? Zero told you?” I asked, amazed.

“Yeah, Zero told me because he was excited to be…with you, Dylan. How could you have sex with him and tell him that you were breaking up with Andy and just…just go around and do the opposite.”

“I’m sorry about Zero, Jasper but…you know how it is with me and Andy.”

“No, I know that he was an asshole to you and you took him back.”

“I never broke up with him, Jasper.”

“Whatever, I don’t want to know you anymore. You…you disgust me.”

Jasper charged out of my room and the words he said flashed in front of my eyes. I DON’T WANT TO KNOW YOU ANYMORE. It’s exactly what my mom said to me when she caught me with Nick. I started to shake. I couldn’t…I couldn’t loose Jasper. Not the one constant friend that I had.

I had to calm down. He was just upset, right? He didn’t really mean it. Did he? I took a deep breath and walked to my bed, lay down and took a deep breath. I turned over and bent my body into the fetal position with my hands flat under my head.

“Hey Dylan do ya wanna…? What…what’s the matter?”

I looked up and saw Kale standing at my door. He most likely wanted to play video games. Sean never played with him and neither did Jasper so I was usually his go to guy.

“I’m not in the mood for anything right now. I’m sorry.”

“What happened?”

“A lot okay, a lot happened. I don’t feel like talking.”

“Oh, okay.”

I heard the disappointment in his voice so I sat up and stopped him.

“Sorry, I’m just in a bit of a foul mood.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?” asked Kale as he sat next to me on my bed.

“I’m just having a lot of problems. It’s nothing for you to worry about.”

“You look like shit. I’m gonna worry about you. You’re my br-…I’m, I’m sorry.”

“Kale, you know the talks we have? Do you ever talk like that with Sean or, or Jasper.”

“They would just laugh in my face. You know, if Sean didn’t look exactly like me, I wouldn’t believe that we were even twins. I think he hates me and as for Jasper, he’d rather go dress shopping with mom than talk to me.”

I wanted to cry.

“You know, I consider you a brother too, Kale. But the simple fact is that you’re not. You have two brothers and they love you. You’re just all different. And even though you and Sean are twins and you’re identical…you’re still two different people.”

“Shouldn’t this be the part where I make you feel better?”

“Forget about me. I told you I’m fine.”

“Okay, well, if you wanna talk just…just tell me.”

“Thanks kid.” I wrapped my arm tight around his neck and roughed his hair around with my other hand. I let him go. He smiled at me and then left.

A few minutes after Kale left, Sean walked in. It’s a good thing Sean put highlights in his hair or I would never be able to tell them apart.

“Look, I know I’m not always the nicest person to you but, I need some advice.” said Sean, sitting next to me.

“Can’t you ask Jasper?”

“No, I need advice from you.”

“Um…okay. Shoot.”

“It’s about Kale. I probably shouldn’t be telling you this, but…I have this feeling…about him. I have this feeling that he’s going through something that’s really, really tough on him.”

“Like what?”

“Like…I think he’s gay.”

I sighed. “That’s a big accusation, Sean. Are you sure?”

“No, but…it’s just this feeling that I have.”

I didn’t want to believe it. Sean could be really cruel sometimes and likes to prank and joke, but he seemed sincere and it would explain a lot. It would explain our connection that just seemed to be there ever since I moved into this house.

“Sean, this is a serious matter and if this is a joke, than it’s not funny. This is messing with your brother’s life and his emotions.”

“It’s not a joke. I really am worried about him.”

“Why didn’t you confront him yourself?”

“I wanted to come to you to see what I should do.”

“Well, you should wait. If Kale really is gay, then you should let him tell you himself.”

“Dude, I can’t wait that long.”

I sighed. “Well, let me talk to him. I’ll get to the bottom of it.”

“Thanks,” said Sean.

He got up and left and I started to think what I could do or say to Kale. I couldn’t just come out and ask him if he’s gay. Could I?

* * *

“I don’t understand. You told me that you were gonna break up with him to be with me.”

“I know I did. I just didn’t expect to react the way I did when I saw him. It’s Andy. He’s my best friend in the whole word and I just couldn’t do it.”

“Dylan, I told Jasper about me because I thought that we were gonna be together.”

“I’m sorry, Zero. I am. I feel horrible. But I love Andy. He’s the only one I love and the only one that I wanna love.”

I’d never seen Zero so vulnerable. I think that he even started to tear. He wouldn’t have admitted it though.

“Just go away.”

I left his room through the window and shimmied down to the ground. I got into my car and drove off.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..