Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,567 Words
  • 1,191 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 11. Chapter 11

I woke up the morning after the Halloween party with a major headache. I turned around on my bed and ran straight into Davis.

Uh-oh, what happened. I looked under the covers and…unfortunately I was naked and so was Davis.

My heart started to beat faster and faster, but…I…I couldn’t breathe. I had to get out of there.

I carefully got out of bed and slipped some underwear on. I tip-toed my way down the hall to Susan’s room. I walked in and carefully woke her up.

“Andy, what the hell? Put some clothes on.” said Susan, rubbing the sleep out of her eye.

“Susan, I…I think I cheated on Dylan.”

“What?!”

“I think I slept with Davis last night.”

“What do you mean you think? Don’t you remember?”

“No, I was at Amanda’s party last night and…well, I had a few drinks.”

“Obviously more than a few. What the hell am I supposed to do about it.”

“I don’t know. I just had to talk to somebody.”

“Where is Davis now?”

“He’s in my room. Asleep.”

“Oh shit, Andy. This is bad. I never thought you would cheat.”

“I…I just missed Dylan so much that…drinking was kinda making all of that go away.”

“Obviously. So are you gonna tell Dylan?”

“I think I should.”

“But, what if he breaks up with you?”

“I guess that’s a chance that I’m gonna have to take. I can’t lie to him. Meanwhile, I have try and get Davis out of here before mom sees him.”

Then, I heard it. I heard mom screech. I ran into the hallway and into my room.

“Mom, you know Davis right?” I asked, guiltily. Dylan stood up on the bed covering his crotch with a sheet.

“Andrew, can I talk to alone for a minute?”

I followed my mom into her room.

“Andrew would you like to explain this?”

“Look, I…I didn’t know what I was doing. I…I just missed Dylan so much and I…I was confused.”

“Are you saying he took advantage of you?”

“No, no he didn’t take advantage of me. I…Look there’s no excuse. The truth is that I cheated on Dylan and I’m going to have to pay the consequences.”

“So, you’re going to be honest with Dylan?”

“Of course mom. I don’t have any other choice.”

“I’m very disappointed in you, Andrew. I didn’t raise you to sleep around on the one that you love.”

“I know, mom…” I felt tears coming on. “But…I just miss him so much and…and Davis reminds me so much of him that…I just lost control.”

My mom put her arms around my and I cried on her shoulder. “Oh, Andrew. I’m so sorry. I hate that you have to go through this.”

I walked away from her and wiped my tears. “This is my mess…I have to clean it up.”

I walked back to my room. Davis was dressed and patiently waiting on my bed.

“Are you in trouble?” he asked, getting up as soon as I walked in.

I walked over to my closet and my drawers and got dressed.

“Davis…last night…”

“Was incredible.” said Davis with a smile on his face.

“No, that’s not what I was gonna say. I was gonna say that last night…last night was a mistake.”

Dylan’s face fell.

“I’m sorry, but…I love Dylan and no one else. I realize that will probably will be over when I tell him, but…I’ll still love him even if he breaks up with me.”

“I can’t believe…I can’t believe I ever thought that you were a great guy. You’re just used me as a fill in for Dylan.”

“I’m not proud of it…”

“Don’t ever talk to me again.”

Davis quickly left the room and then the house. My mom came into the room shortly after.

“That boy looked devastated, Andrew.”

“I think he really likes me. I feel so fucking awful!”

“How about some hot chocolate? That always calms you down.” said mom

“No, mom, I don’t want any hot chocolate.” I snapped. “All I can think of is Dylan and…and how am I gonna tell him.”

“I’m sure you’ll find the words, sweetie.”

“Mom, I don’t feel good. Can you just go away?”

“Right…Sorry. I’ll be in the kitchen making breakfast. You…you don’t have to go to school today if you don’t want to.”

“No, I wanna go. I can’t just sit here and think about Dylan all day.”

I gathered my school things and left. I started to walk to school. It wasn’t far and I needed to clear my head. It didn’t help any though. All I thought of was Dylan and how much I love him.

* * *

“Dude, you drank so much last night. I didn’t think you’d show.” said Cole when I sat in front of him and Amanda.

“Yeah, well, it would’ve been more torture sitting at home. I have too much on my mind.” I looked to Cole and back to Amanda. “Can…Can I talk to you alone, Amanda?”

“I Think I’ll go and catch up on some reading in the library.” said Cole. He kissed Amanda before getting up to leave.

“What’s up Andy?”

I took a deep breath. “I…I slept with Davis.”

“What the fuck?! Andy what in the hell were you thinking?”

“I was drunk and…and the only reason I really like hanging with Davis is because he reminds me of Dylan.”

Amanda sighed. “What the hell are you going to do?”

“Well, I’m gonna tell Dylan of course. I have to.”

“No. You cannot tell Dylan. It’ll break his heart.”

“Yeah, and it’ll be worse if he finds out later. It’s better if I’m upfront.”

Amanda shook her head. “I can’t believe you Andy. This is really messed up.”

“And the worst part, besides the fact that it’s gonna break Dylan’s heart, but…I broke Davis’ too.”

“Don’t tell me Davis likes you?”

“Well…he did, until I basically told him that I used him to cover my missing Dylan.”

“You told him that you used him?!”

“No, not straight out. I told him that I love Dylan and…and that I he reminds me of Dylan.”

Amanda sighed. “Well, I don’t know what to tell you. You’ve made an enormous mess.”

* * *

I sat in English class with my arm propped up and my head laying in my open hand. All I could think of was Dylan and that I just wanted to get home and get telling him over with. All I had was ten more minutes. Then I could get home, call Dylan and ask him to talk on the webcam because the last thing I wanted to do was tell him on the phone.

I started the walk home. As I walked, different ways of how to tell Dylan that I cheated on him went through my mind. This was simply torture. Then, when I walked up to my house. There he was…Dylan. I don’t think I’ve ever felt happy and scared to see someone at the same time before.

“Dylan!” My happiness took over the scared part of me and I ran into his arms. “What are you doing here?!”

“I wanted to see you.” he said with a smile.

I pressed my lips to his and it felt so damn good to kiss him.

“There’s something I need to tell you.” I said. “Can we talk inside?”

“Sure.” he said.

We walked inside. My mom seemed to be gone and so did my sister. That’s a relief. We sat on the couch and I took his hand.

“Dylan…I…I slept with someone else.”

He stared at me, his mouth wide open in amazement.

“I’m, I’m so sorry, Dylan. I…not that’s it’s any excuse, but I was really….really drunk and the guy…he reminded me so much of you and I got confused.”

“That…that’s why you slept with him…because he reminded you of me?”

“Yeah…I’ve missed you so much. And…drinking kind of made me forget about how much I missed you.”

“I have something to tell you too.”

“What?”

“I knew…”

“What?”

“You left the web cam on last night.”

“Oh, shit…”

“That’s not it…To, to get back at you I slept with someone too; Zero.”

That wasn’t something I was expecting. Now I knew how he felt. Except, he probably felt worse because he actually saw me and Davis. If I saw him and Zero, I have no idea how I would feel. I wouldn’t like it. I would probably get really pissed.

“Just to let you know, it wasn’t the same. I…I thought I could just forget about you because….you…you obviously didn’t love me, but I couldn’t. The entire time I was with Zero, I thought of you. And now…you…you saw you thought of me while you were with this…this guy. I…I don’t know what to think.”

“Dylan, I love you, I do…but I’ve wronged you, I know that and…and if you want to break up with me, I’ll understand. Of course, I’d rather stay together because I love you…but…well…you know.”

“I came here to break up with you, but…I just can’t do it. Once I saw your face…I knew that I couldn’t do it. I love you way too much. So…since we’re both kinda in the same boat…I’m, I’m willing to work it out.”

I wrapped my arms around Dylan tightly. I never wanted to let go.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..