Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,642 Words
  • 1,381 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn Ended With A Kiss - 5. Chapter 5

Dylan kissed me before going off to help Jeff pack the car. Kat came over sat across from me.

“So, Andy, what have you bee up to?” she asked.

“Um, nothing much. Typical senior in high school stuff I guess.”

“Have you and Dylan discussed colleges? I know you’ll probably want to go to the same one.”

“Yeah, I think we wanna try Oregon State first. If that doesn’t work out…elsewhere.”

Dylan and Jeff came back in just as it was getting awkward. My hearts starts beating like a drum every time I see him. Dylan walked over to me, pulled me off of the couch and into his arms. He touched his lips to mine, gently.

“Okay, you two. It’s time to leave now.” said Kat.

We packed into the SUV that we virtually never use and drove to the bus station.

Dylan and I helped the family load their bags on the bus and then we waved them goodbye. We pecked a little kiss and then got back into the SUV.

There was nothing but road for the next three hours. There was nothing but me and Dylan for the next three hours. There wasn’t really much to catch up on. He knew who all my friends were and I knew who all of his were.

“So, how’s your mom and sister doing? I miss them a lot.” asked Dylan.

“Oh, so they’re the ones you missed?”

Dylan laughed. He had an incredible laugh. “You know what I mean.”

I laughed with him. “Yeah, they’re doing great. They ask me about you all the time too.”

“Oh, so, you brought two sets of shirt and ties right? One for tonight and one for the wedding, like a told you?”

“Yes, yes…I even brought extra clothes just in case.”

“Just in case what?” asked Dylan.

“Just in case things get messy.” I stretched over to the driver’s side and gave Dylan and kiss on the cheek.

The sun started to go down and I started to get a little sleepy. I felt bad leaving Dylan all alone to drive, but I couldn’t stay away.

I woke up to Dylan gently shaking my shoulder. “Hey…handsome…we’re here.”

I stretched and looked around. Seattle was the most beautiful place I’d ever seen. I’d barely ever been out of Meek and that’s probably why. It was a little dark and dreary, but it was still beautiful to me.

Dylan got on the phone with Kat, talked for a minute and then hung up. Afterwards, he took my hand.

“Okay, so, Kat checked in over the phone a little while ago, so…we can go up to our room if we want.”

“Great, I can’t wait.” I said.

We grabbed our bags gave them to the bellhop and walked to the front desk holding hands. I’d never been so proud to be with Dylan. There was something exhilarating about holding hands with him with all of those people around.

Dylan told the front desk Kat’s name and which room he wanted a key to and she gave us the key. Apparently, the room we were in had a king sized bed.

Dylan took the key and put his hand around my waist as we walked to the elevator. Did I mention that this hotel we were in could’ve been the Waldorf Astoria. It was the fanciest place I’d ever been in. The key even had this little gold key chain on it with our room number on it. The kicker was…it was an actual key and not a card.

“Dylan?” I heard from behind us. Dylan heard it too because he stopped us in our tracks. We turned around. There was this middle aged woman with long brown hair standing before us.

“Aunt Carol!”

Dylan walked over to her and have her a hug and a gentle kiss on the cheek.

“Is your mother here. Gosh I haven’t seen her in ages.”

“I don’t know. Maybe.” Dylan answered.

“What do you mean maybe? Didn’t you come with her?”

“N-No, I didn’t come with her.”

“Well, well, how did you get here? All the way from New York by yourself?”

“Um, I’m living in Oregon now.”

“You moved to Oregon? Why didn’t your mom tell me?”

“Dylan just tell her.” I stepped.

“Who is this?”

“This is Andy. My, ah…Andy’s my boyfriend….I’m, I’m gay.”

“Dylan, I…This is such a shock.”

“You…you’re not mad are you?”

“No, of course not…I…I’m proud that you have the courage to be who you are.”

“Well, my mom felt different. She found out while I was staying with grampa. She told me she didn’t want to be my mom anymore.”

“Oh, no…that explains why you weren’t at her wedding.”

“Wedding?!”

“Your mother got married just a month ago. You had to know she was getting married because you know, her due date is getting close.”

I had to step in. I got in front of Dylan. “Okay, maybe this isn’t the best time or place to do this.”

I had my hand on Dylan’s arm and I felt him shaking.

“I’m-I’m sorry Dylan. I had no idea that you didn’t know.”

I turned around and faced Dylan who was practically in tears. I put my hands on his face. He was still shaking.

“Dylan, Dylan look at me.”

He brought his eyes up to me. They were glistening with tears.

“Let’s go upstairs and change into some comfortable clothes and just…we can just relax.”

Dylan kissed me and embraced me. He held me tight. I held him tight in return.

“I love you.” He whispered in my ear.

“I love you too,” I whispered back.

I turned around to his Aunt.

“Dylan just needs some time to process this, okay. I’m sorry, but for Dylan, I have to cut this short.”

“No, go ahead. I’m sorry for making him so upset.”

I led Dylan to the elevator and we walked to our room. When we walked in, our bags were on the bag rack. Dylan went straight into the bathroom and threw water onto his face. I stood in the doorway, watching him.

“Are you okay?”

“Okay? I find out that my mother has not only remarried, but is pregnant. I have a sibling and my mother…” He paused and started to cry. He leaned on the bathroom counter for support.

I slowly walked to him and came up behind him. I put my arms around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder.

“It’s going to be okay, Dylan. I’m here.”

Dylan turned around and looked me in my eyes.

“It’s, it’s not only my mom, Andy. It’s…it’s my grampa. I just miss him so much. He, he would know just what to say in this situation.”

“I know. I miss him too. We all do.”

There was a knock at the door. I went to go answer it. Dylan tried to collect himself in the bathroom. It was Kat at the door.

“What’s with the long face?”

“We ran into Dylan’s aunt Carol. She told Dylan some stuff about his mother.”

“Oh my gosh. He knows. About the wedding and the baby?”

Dylan came out of the bathroom.

“You knew?”

“I’m afraid so. We just…we were waiting for the right time to tell you.”

“Get out…”

“Please, Dylan…we were just…we didn’t know how to tell you.”

“Get out!” Dylan screamed louder than I’ve ever heard him.

It hurt me so much to see him so hurt. I wanted to burst out in tears myself, but…but I knew that I had to stay strong for him.

Kat left the room and I closed the door after her. I went back to Dylan. He looked greener than Kermit.

“Dylan are you okay?”

“I think I’m gonna be sick.”

He ran to the toilet and started to dry heave. He spit something into the bowl, but it was very little.

“Maybe I’ll call room service. They can bring you some ginger ale or something.”

“Thanks. That would be great.” said Dylan getting up from the toilet.

“It’s a good thing the pre-wedding dinner isn’t for an hour. We have a little time to rest.” I said.

“No we don’t. We have to get ready. I’m getting in the shower.”

Dylan started to strip. He put his clothes in a white bag that was provided by the hotel. I heard the shower turn on and the bathroom door close. I’ve never seen him so…detached.

I started unpacking our clothes and putting them in the provided drawers. A knock came. “Room service,” said the voice on the other end.

“Your ginger ale, sir.” said the man.

I took the tray and put it to the side. I got a five from my pocket and gave it to the room service guy.

“Thank you, sir.”

I smiled and closed the door. I poured some of the ale into the glass that already had ice in it. I put it on the table for when Dylan got out of the shower.

I plopped myself onto the very comfortable king sized bed and turned on the TV. It was flat screen and hung on the wall. There was nothing but bad cable on. I turned it off and walked to the window. The city was truly beautiful.

Dylan walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and still a little moist. I smiled. My heart started to beat really quickly.

“Hey, how was the shower?” I asked.

“It calmed me down. Sorry for ah, sorry being so upset earlier.”

“You’ve just found out some really shocking news. You should be upset.”

He half smiled and then looked down and saw the ale on the table. He walked over and took a sip.

“You’re so great. I’m glad you’re here.”

“Me too,” I said.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..